Nice post damn by Lucid insider lowing $LCID price today and getting worldwide attention

But your post and pics resulted in comments like another motor failure Lucid needs to get to the bottom on this to failure of the batteries which could have caused a fire and now a hold on deliveries.
Lucid can very easily control this situation if they wanted to. All they have to do is come out with an announcement and put an end to the speculation or information gathered from other sources. But keeping silent, Lucid is responsible for any impacts on the price of the stocks that we own. It is their responsibllity to act responsible!

Why stop all deliveries if it is just the Pirelli 21 inch tires? If it was that, you would think they would continuing shipping those vehicles with the 19 inch tires just to make space for the cars coming out of production.
Some members said cars were delivered yesterday and today... so, no stoppage of all deliveries🤨

Yesterday, I did email Lucid for a statement, just so you all know. I don't expect them to reply. The flyover is soon, I assume we will see deliveries again soon and the lot more empty, at least I hope. But we will see.

Either way, one thing is for sure based on the flyovers, production didn't stop. Deliveries and production are two different things.

I agree as long as Lucid keeps quiet about things, speculation will run rampant. Nature abhors a vacuum, and all that. But that strategy has worked out fairly well for Apple, so I can't fault Lucid for wanting to go that way. A lot of companies go that way. Others are much more open. I don't think there's a right or wrong there. Just a stylistic choice.

I think it's fine for all of us to speculate, too, though I get that some would prefer we stick to the facts on this forum. We all come here for different reasons.

I hope it's clear from any of my speculative posts that I'm very much aware that I'm pulling ideas out of my butt, and that I just find it fun and interesting. Always happy to be proven wrong. I have no insider info whatsoever. And no agenda to help or hurt Lucid, though I am very much rooting for their success.

I've never run an auto company. So just thinking about everything that would involve blows my mind a bit.

Step 1 to being a Lucid Insider.. ...be an insider..

Unless @rbbarry is actually an employee and has been bamboozling us this whole time!!! grrr

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Ever hear of apple insider, business insider, etc - tons of online magazines are names insider.

I love how @rbbarry was given all the finger pointing for a dip of the day. I’m sure it had nothing to do with overall market, postponed deliveries, management shakeups, and quality issues. ;) I think the market owes you thanks for the buying opportunity!

In all seriousness, I hope people remember this company is eons away from profitability, so there’s a long and bumpy road ahead. I won’t be expecting my stock prices to look like Tesla anytime soon, as nice as it would be.

Yea, those of us who have worked on a few older cars can appreciate a "failed metal clamp" or the value of duct tape. My first car (1971 Mustang) used to break down about once every 3-6 months. The starter, in particular, needed to be replaced at least three times. My mother's solution every time I had the car break down was to bring a hammer, no other tools, just a hammer. Funny thing was that one day while talking with another friend who had a car of this era, he told me to "hit the starter with a hammer if you think it might be the starter". Well, looks like my mother was smarter than I gave her credit for because it can actually work to get the starter unstuck and into a better position.

In this case, the clamp/ziptie was used not to keep a hose end from leaking, but rather to keep the hose secure and in place. So, they ordered a new part, it should get there today or Friday and they will make repairs, align the charging door (only item noted from delivery), secure a couple trim pieces that seemed a bit loose (not really a big deal) and remove a small paint imperfection (either a tiny dot of glue or something in the paint)
My old hammer hit to loosen the brushes (the flat spot), sometimes you could get away banging the starter for several weeks before it completely failed, and other times you might only get one or two starts.
My first new car was a 79 Mustang 5.0 and the pulley for the smog pump would shear off and that would be game over, after the second time it happened I carried a spare smog pump in the back of the hatch along with the tools to do a roadside swap. I would salvage the broken pulley by removing the sheared off bolts with an easy out and then install a new pulley.

No one really knows the true reason for stopping deliveries and Lucid will never tell if they follow past history. In another thread the OP said a DA told him it might be due to all the Pirelli tires with bulges and blow outs. No one knows at this point….
My strong guess is those cars that are sitting are waiting for chips.
I love how @rbbarry was given all the finger pointing for a dip of the day. I’m sure it had nothing to do with overall market, postponed deliveries, management shakeups, and quality issues. ;) I think the market owes you thanks for the buying opportunity!

In all seriousness, I hope people remember this company is eons away from profitability, so there’s a long and bumpy road ahead. I won’t be expecting my stock prices to look like Tesla anytime soon, as nice as it would be.
Agreed!
Hey imagine what our Tesla stock would be worth if Muskrat would just keep his mouth shut o_O

I agree as long as Lucid keeps quiet about things, speculation will run rampant. Nature abhors a vacuum, and all that. But that strategy has worked out fairly well for Apple, so I can't fault Lucid for wanting to go that way. A lot of companies go that way. Others are much more open. I don't think there's a right or wrong there. Just a stylistic choice.

I think it's fine for all of us to speculate, too, though I get that some would prefer we stick to the facts on this forum. We all come here for different reasons.

I hope it's clear from any of my speculative posts that I'm very much aware that I'm pulling ideas out of my butt, and that I just find it fun and interesting. Always happy to be proven wrong. I have no insider info whatsoever. And no agenda to help or hurt Lucid, though I am very much rooting for their success.

I've never run an auto company. So just thinking about everything that would involve blows my mind a bit.
Well said!

IF ONLY one person such as Barry could influence ANY Stock Price I would be the world’s most prolific blogger lol.

It’s the Market and the Growing pains Lucid has been having and will have if Tesla is an example that is driving the Price.

Also the Price has stayed around 18 so don’t know why the dolts on Twitter have their panties in a wad.

It definitely was a huge surprise that BENZINGA ran with that story. IF ANYONE is to blame ITS THEM.

I won’t be expecting my stock prices to look like Tesla anytime soon, as nice as it would be.
Lol. I doubt the price will ever look like Tesla

UPDATE:

DA just told me that deliveries (again, specifically those at Goose Island) were being held back ONLY so they could perform latest software update before delivery (nothing new, just the latest version already out). Now finalizing financing and hoping to get my car next week!

UPDATE:

DA just told me that deliveries (again, specifically those at Goose Island) were being held back ONLY so they could perform latest software update before delivery (nothing new, just the latest version already out). Now finalizing financing and hoping to get my car next week!
Which version the 1.2.76 says only 4 minutes. I am a bit slow BUT 1.2.75 did nothing that I would notice either but it did take an hour or maybe 1:15

Which version the 1.2.76 says only 4 minutes. I am a bit slow BUT 1.2.75 did nothing that I would notice either but it did take an hour or maybe 1:15
Sorry, he didn't know what the latest version is, just that it was nothing brand new (as in Car Play, or other).

UPDATE:

Lucid should take a leap out of Tesla's book. See those delivery trucks full of Tesla's with blinking emergencies? It means they're getting software updates whilst in transit. Lucid should have a way to push updates to these cars automatically before being delivered to owners. Waiting for the car to be delivered to the Service Center then having technicians install the update is just a waste of resource time.

Lucid should take a leap out of Tesla's book. See those delivery trucks full of Tesla's with blinking emergencies? It means they're getting software updates whilst in transit. Lucid should have a way to push updates to these cars automatically before being delivered to owners. Waiting for the car to be delivered to the Service Center then having technicians install the update is just a waste of resource time.
Apple is now able to update palettes of iPhones while still in the box, which is insanely cool. But like Tesla, they've had the time and resources to do build out that sort of thing. This is number 4,386 on Lucid's list of things to do.

As far as I'm concerned the software team should be all-hands-on-deck fixing bugs at this point. But yeah. Eventually, they will get these updates pushing automatically during transit. Right now, there's probably a high probability of bricking half the cars if they even attempted this, given the current state of the OS.

Back