Next update scheduled for mid/late May

Well, Nick Twork seems to be contradicting at least part of this (PaaK in the next update) as he said this in the Lucid Gravity Got Boost? Facebook group this morning:

View attachment 38494
Looks like they don't wanna release PaaK until the fob issues are sorted out, what leads me to conspire that it's a hardware and not a fob issue
 
Looks like they don't wanna release PaaK until the fob issues are sorted out, what leads me to conspire that it's a hardware and not a fob issue
Or it could be that they don't want to release PAAK until PAAK issues are sorted out.
 
Really hoping this is the case. The delays are worrisome.
To me, software shipment delays are somewhat expected. Of course I'd like to have PAAK, hands-free driving, and an end to complaints about the fob.

I see the same kind of wish vs reality release timing with other OTA-able things we own.
 
I really really think the problem with the fob isn't the actual fob. It's the module in the car that detects the fob.
It's certainly possible, but clearly some fobs have problems while others don't, and Lucid has already said that they are working on a new software release for the fob. Both of these facts point to issues with the fob.
 
I really really think the problem with the fob isn't the actual fob. It's the module in the car that detects the fob.
I've been saying that for a while. I doubt a company as old and respected as Marquardt screwed up the fob.
 
I've been saying that for a while. I doubt a company as old and respected as Marquardt screwed up the fob.
Ever since the update my key, which has almost been perfect since fall, has completely stopped or is insanely slow to get the car to respond. But twice, for a few days, it becomes great again. It just smells like the module inside the car isn't staying awake or isn't booting correctly, and with each deep reboot cycle there is a small chance it boots/loads nicely.

I carry my fob in my backpack everyday and suddenly 2 days ago as I walked away from the car it automatically locked. Normally I have to fumble with my phone, open the app, blah blah blah, so it generally takes a few feet. But suddenly everything is working, and as much as I want to enjoy the next few days I know it will end and I will be annoyed again.
 
I've been saying that for a while. I doubt a company as old and respected as Marquardt screwed up the fob.
Marquardt likely made both the fob and the modules inside the car. It is too early to make assumptions about where the problem is when we don’t have the data that Lucid has.
 
The FOB was locked in my safe box since I have it. If you have phone, you have the key. The card is a backup in case of glitch of phone. That is it
 
The FOB was locked in my safe box since I have it. If you have phone, you have the key. The card is a backup in case of glitch of phone. That is it
Gravity does not have mobile key yet.
 
Marquardt likely made both the fob and the modules inside the car. It is too early to make assumptions about where the problem is when we don’t have the data that Lucid has.
And Marquart is a 100+ year old company makes a bunch of fobs and access control systems for other manufacturers, including ones that are nearly identical to the one in the Gravity. Do I have proof or Lucid's data? No, but given who the two options are and their respective track records I know where I'd put my bet on where the issues lie.
 
And Marquart is a 100+ year old company makes a bunch of fobs and access control systems for other manufacturers, including ones that are nearly identical to the one in the Gravity. Do I have proof or Lucid's data? No, but given who the two options are and their respective track records I know where I'd put my bet on where the issues lie.
And this is why I am still betting on someone's SW 😅
 
Or how the modules are installed in the car. Bad connections, poor antenna implementation, bad voltage regulation or a myriad of other installation issues or maybe everyone's favorite boogeyman software.
 
Well my fob started working today, randomly. I guess its just in time for them to break it again.
How's your key fob? Is it still fine? I'm pretty sure my key fob started working (all issues gone) on the same day as you. Sounds like the "good window" started. I'll enjoy it while it last (month maybe?). All works on a single click and there are no delays from the car.
I'm convinced the issue is on the car side and not the key fobs. The fact that when the problems start it affects both key fobs. It never was 1 fob works fine while the other one has issues. This way I would just swap fobs every now and then.
About the key fob issues I see it's like when a clock on your PC/server is not synchronized so you have issues with certificates and can't load websites or your 2FA doesn't work because you get wrong codes. But then there are those 3 seconds when key fob works and then it's bad again. That's how it feels from my POV.
 
Back
Top