New software update for Gravity - 3.5

I'm in a such a decent mood from how flawlessly CP seems to be working with my AI Box, that I'm gonna let this one slide šŸ˜„
We appreciate your magnanimousness.
 
Random change - in the pilot panel pull down menu, they removed the ā€œcoming soonā€ or whatever panel. So now it’s ā€œtrip infoā€, ā€œbatter preconditioningā€, ā€œlucid vibes and ā€œcreature comfortā€ā€¦fine with me. I expect they’ll add a panel if/when needed.
 
1774015330539.webp
 
dang, my Gravity downloaded about 2Gb from Amazon (AWS) last night, but still no update prompt, nerve racking
 
Thanks to @marqie my Gravity downloaded 3.4.4 and then immediately downloaded 3.5.1. Looking forward to using it when I get out of work meetings :)

when Lucid finally gets an AI that works well they should name it Marqie
 
Sadly I made a phone call thru CP just now. My wife said I sounded worse than I’ve ever sounded in Gravity. And that’s saying something. Anyone else seeing this problem? Maybe the AI only works on native phone app?
 
Just checking if you replied to me by mistake? The content of your post does not address or relate to either of my posts in this thread.
No, it was in reply to your longer post to Borski saying he can be a bully and saying that the delay by Lucid after saying they were releasing it, assumably due to a last minute glitch found, was some sort of huge misstep due to communication issues. My point is that in fact the error correction mechanisms worked as intended, just a bit later than everyone would have wished, not really a failure. In any case I’ve got CarPlay now and it works flawlessly and better than it ever did in the Air and totally wirelessly, so I think the in depth analysis of Borski’s supposed bullying and this ā€œmis-stepā€ by Lucid will age like milk.
 
dang, my Gravity downloaded about 2Gb from Amazon (AWS) last night, but still no update prompt, nerve racking
Two things, do you have the seat belts in the middle row buckled? If so unbuckle the seat belts (we sometimes leave them buckled as our dogs weigh enough to set off the "someone's not buckled in" alarm). Also if you have the 3rd row make sure the seats are up and not stowed. Last night I put the 3rd row seats up and had the 3.5.1 software waiting to be installed about an hour later. Kind of weird but it seems to work.
 
Two things, do you have the seat belts in the middle row buckled? If so unbuckle the seat belts (we sometimes leave them buckled as our dogs weigh enough to set off the "someone's not buckled in" alarm). Also if you have the 3rd row make sure the seats are up and not stowed. Last night I put the 3rd row seats up and had the 3.5.1 software waiting to be installed about an hour later. Kind of weird but it seems to work.
3rd row shouldn't matter, both my DE and GT have 3rd row stowed and got the update last night
 
Sadly I made a phone call thru CP just now. My wife said I sounded worse than I’ve ever sounded in Gravity. And that’s saying something. Anyone else seeing this problem? Maybe the AI only works on native phone app?
I then moved out of CP and made a call to her with native app and she said it was fine. Hmm.
 
Were you not prompted to install 3.4.4? You won't be able to install 3.5.1 without 3.4.4.
Very happy for everyone enjoying 3.5.1, hope to join you soon. Thank you @marqie for reaching out via DM, I appreciated that.

Still on 3.4.1 here with no progress towards an update (nothing that looks like an update being downloaded over the Unifi AP I have in the garage, HA reports vehicle is up-to-date).

Contacted CS again this morning, this time over the phone, who reiterated to me that I don't need to be on 3.4.4 to get 3.5.1, and that because there is a VIN-based queuing system for rollouts, it is possible for some VINs late in the queue to never receive a particular version if an issue is detected, or if the next version is imminent. The rep said I am probably going to receive 3.5.2 eventually.

Not sure what to believe, this seems inconsistent with what CS told and did for @boydracing in another thread.

As of this morning, I am still running 3.4.1. I did call Customer Care and let them know. They said everyone should be running 3.4.4 at this time. It was odd that you are still running 3.4.1.
Customer Care will push the 3.4.4 out to my vehicle and then will be on the list for 3.5.1. Just a quick update. No soup for me!
 
Mine upgraded to 3.4.4 from 3.4.1 and then once the update was done it immediately started downloading 3.5.1. So from my perspective 3.4.4 is required as marqie said.

One thing I noticed in Home Assistant was that the Update download status was "Complete" until the 3.4.4 started to come in. It was like my Car was stuck on a downloaded but not installing state. Now it shows as Idle after the 2 upgrades. I didn't know what was normal since I've only had it a week but I know now it should be Idle, not complete.
 
3.5.1 is here. But how to use carplay or Android auto? There are no clear visible signs of its presence
Here is what the smart GPT said:
Remove and re-add your devices, as per the release notes.

ā€œFor a seamless first-time experience, please remove (forget) the previously connected devices and re-pair them again to connect to CarPlay or Android Auto.ā€
 
Remove and re-add your devices, as per the release notes.

ā€œFor a seamless first-time experience, please remove (forget) the previously connected devices and re-pair them again to connect to CarPlay or Android Auto.ā€
Also, you’ll need to open CarPlay settings on your device and make the initial connection, I believe. It didn’t just start working. This is part of the pairing process…
 
Also, you’ll need to open CarPlay settings on your device and make the initial connection, I believe. It didn’t just start working. This is part of the pairing process…
I didn't have to do that, I deleted the pairing on the Gravity and on my iPhone and when I paired them again the phone popped up a window asking if I wanted to use CarPlay.
 
I just went for a small drive, I'm on Android so this might be Android Auto related only but the HUD doesn't pickup the turn by turn directions. The turn by turn on Cockpit display to the left of the AA window works as designed but not the HUD.

The AA implementation on my EV9 (My stand-in between waiting for my LT GGT and my Tesla) supported this perfectly. The HUD is definitely a step backwards on the Gravity.
 
Back
Top