New software update for Gravity - 3.5

Not sure I understand this comment. Are you implying I should not have posted this here? Seems pretty relevant and convenient.
You may post whatever you'd like. What I'm saying is that I've created a lovely website to consolidate all of this information to avoid these lengthy posts.
 
You may post whatever you'd like. What I'm saying is that I've created a lovely website to consolidate all of this information to avoid these lengthy posts.
I’m sure it’s to avoid lengthy posts that are the same length as the release notes that people are going to to read anyway and certainly not to drive traffic to your website that encourages people to use your referral code on its homepage, Bobby.
 
I’m sure it’s to avoid lengthy posts that are the same length as the release notes that people are going to to read anyway and certainly not to drive traffic to your website that encourages people to use your referral code on its homepage, Bobby.
Whoa, time to slow your roll, newbie. @Bobby created that website on his own time and dime to help consolidate all the updates. He's made a series of helpful YouTube videos as well, and has been a mod on this forum for years. Who cares if he gets a few clicks on his site and/or gets his quota of referral points from it? He's earned the right, IMO.
 
Whoa, time to slow your roll, newbie. @Bobby created that website on his own time and dime to help consolidate all the updates. He's made a series of helpful YouTube videos as well, and has been a mod on this forum for years. Who cares if he gets a few clicks on his site and/or gets his quota of referral points from it? He's earned the right, IMO.
Cool!
 
I’m sure it’s to avoid lengthy posts that are the same length as the release notes that people are going to to read anyway and certainly not to drive traffic to your website that encourages people to use your referral code on its homepage, Bobby.
Welcome to the community. Since you’re new here, let’s clear up a few things: My site has never once covered its own operating costs, let alone turned a profit. I maintain and host it out of passion, not for a paycheck.

While referral codes are a small way for members to show appreciation for the service provided, they are entirely optional. Moving forward, I’d suggest spending more time observing the culture of this site before making assumptions about its leadership. We keep this place polite and neighborly on our own dime and time I’d appreciate it if you did your part to keep it that way.
 
I’m sure it’s to avoid lengthy posts that are the same length as the release notes that people are going to to read anyway and certainly not to drive traffic to your website that encourages people to use your referral code on its homepage, Bobby.
As a forum member who doesn't have a website or a referral code, I can confirm the need to avoid lengthy posts such as yours about the update, complete with release notes.

After scrolling through (not reading) your post, my immediate thought was "nobody is going to actually read all that. It's already posted somewhere else" .

I do believe @Bobby was simply informing you, as a new member, of something that a good number of forum members know about, which is lucidupdates.com. You learned something new. A simple thank you would have been sufficient.
 
I’m sure it’s to avoid lengthy posts that are the same length as the release notes that people are going to to read anyway and certainly not to drive traffic to your website that encourages people to use your referral code on its homepage, Bobby.
That would be an incredibly circuitous way of getting a referral credit. He’s probably buried in travel chargers and floor mats as it is 🤣

Come on man
 

Doesn’t this slide from Lucid’s presentation match with my theory of why Nick said “complimentary” for the AirPlay OTA? In the future it won’t be.
I don’t think so. The connectivity likely relates to paying for LTE to stream Spotify, tidal, video, etc. Car will likely always have LTE available for updates - this is the model Tesla and Rivian use now. OTAs are free. Rivian says if you pay for connectivity, you get OTAs “sooner” but you still get them if you don’t pay for connectivity.

They may also have other upgrades like acceleration or DDPremium that they’re including in the future revenue (similar to Tesla). But I would be completely shocked if they made folks pay for OTAs and features like CarPlay updates, for example. At worst, they could say you only get them when connected to WiFi, but I don’t think they will.
 
Do you think the same concept will also apply to the Air?
Probably. It was on everyone’s contract, since I got the car in 2022. It’s just a matter of when.
 
Do you think the same concept will also apply to the Air?

I hope so. I would love it if they had an incentive to add cool stuff to my car.
 
Back
Top