New software update for Gravity - 3.5

Native Apple Music app would have much better sound quality and full Atmos capabilities vs what we will get with Car Play.

To be fair, I am not complaining about having this and will probably use it at times. It is just that if someone had asked me “would you rather have a native Apple Music App and improved Navigation (comparable to Google Maps) or would you rather have Car Play” , I would say “give me the native apps.”
Agree, I'd love to have native Apple Music. But for me, CarPlay is an absolute requirement on any car I purchase. I just love the way the apps interact with each other.
 
god, this brisket is gonna be delicious
All NorCal residents. Lucid Owners Meetup @ 5pm today. Location is at Borski’s house. Brisket and possibly potato salad provided. 😛
 
Native Apple Music app would have much better sound quality and full Atmos capabilities vs what we will get with Car Play.

To be fair, I am not complaining about having this and will probably use it at times. It is just that if someone had asked me “would you rather have a native Apple Music App and improved Navigation (comparable to Google Maps) or would you rather have Car Play” , I would say “give me the native apps.”
Same... I'm not complaining about getting the update as Lucid's not forcing me to use it. I'm just trying to understand the hype for a feature even the Uber Frisker Oceans in NYC have in their tablet like big screen.
 
Agree, this was the first time I received an email promoting a software release. Don’t announce it if it’s not going to be released. Beta testing should have been done before the announcement.
Most major tech companies (like Google, Samsung, etc) use staged rollouts to ensure a smooth deployment. This is standard procedure for high-risk updates. It shouldn't be confused with beta testing or product maturity; it's simply a key component of a robust release strategy.
 
it is my understanding that when Lucid goes to implement NVIDEA’s point-to-point ADAS later in the year, it will most likely only use the native navigation and not be able to access Car Play. One more key reason why improving native navigation is way more important that any Car Play implementation.
I know the Tesla had this issue previously and they delayed the release of CarPlay until Apple had a fix in iOS 26. It sounds like with this fix. They are able to use Apple Maps and still have their navigation and FSD work properly. We can see when it’s released how this works as a guide to how Lucid would probably implement it too.
 
Most major tech companies (like Google, Samsung, etc) use staged rollouts to ensure a smooth deployment. This is standard procedure for high-risk updates. It shouldn't be confused with beta testing or product maturity; it's simply a key component of a robust release strategy.
Do those companies have 0 software updates sent after the date they announce the OTAs to begin?
 
Do those companies have 0 software updates sent after the date they announce the OTAs to begin?
I don't think we can state for certain that zero cars have been updated. It’s possible that nobody in this thread was included in the first wave. Perhaps a critical bug surfaced after the first rollout and they’re patching it before moving forward. Let’s wait at least a week.
 
Do those companies have 0 software updates sent after the date they announce the OTAs to begin?
Remember, in the worst case scenario, an Apple update will crash or brick your device. That would be irritating and inconvenient at worst. Car companies have to rise to a different level, because a software glitch could literally kill you. I'd say we cut them a little bit of slack. I'm sure they are trying hard to get this update to you.
 
I'd love to have windows always moving in the commanded direction.
oh wow - I thought that that problem was so obscure that I would not even bring it up on any forum. My issue was w/ a specific window - rear passenger side window that worked normally unless i dropped the window to about 1/2 way, stopped and then select the up operation at which point it would go down. Does not sound as extreme as your description but, another odd quirk in my GGt
 
oh wow - I thought that that problem was so obscure that I would not even bring it up on any forum. My issue was w/ a specific window - rear passenger side window that worked normally unless i dropped the window to about 1/2 way, stopped and then select the up operation at which point it would go down. Does not sound as extreme as your description but, another odd quirk in my GGt
I have same issue with my GGT drivers window. One of several mechanical and trim issues that will be inspected and hopefully fixed on upcoming service visit. I don’t think it is software. Has happened as early as 2 days after delivery. But was so rare I never brought it up to service team. Started happening more lately but not really associated with a software update.
 
Agree, I'd love to have native Apple Music. But for me, CarPlay is an absolute requirement on any car I purchase. I just love the way the apps interact with each other.
Agreed! Before pulling the trigger on my GGT, I was SERIOUSLY looking at the Caddy Vistiq BUT, no AA or CP nor would they EVER implement it based on executive decisions. That killed the deal for me!
 
I guarantee you that Lucid is not doing this because they feel that including Car Play will improve the car. They are only doing this to drive sales and attract some of the “I will never buy a car that does not include Car Play” crowd. I would much rather have wanted them to use their limited resources to further refine their well layed out dual screen native software.
It's the opposite for me. There's enough annoying things with both native nav, phone, and entertainment that I'm looking forward to a single upgrade fixing (replacing) many at once that would surely take much longer otherwise.
 
Agreed! Before pulling the trigger on my GGT, I was SERIOUSLY looking at the Caddy Vistiq BUT, no AA or CP nor would they EVER implement it based on executive decisions. That killed the deal for me!
Though the Vistiq does have native Apple Music, Google Maps, Waze, Google Messages, you name it. In our other EV, this has completely eliminate any need or desire for Android Auto for us.
 
Not all of us simply want it for Nav. There's much more I use it for that is a PIA and I have to pull my actual phone out to do (which isn't legal to do while driving in our state) and CarPlay would be a tremendous help to us who use it for things like this.
Anyone got it yet ?
 
Anyone got it yet ?
1773540565828.webp
 
Now that looks like a damn good bark
It was Akaushi beef from the 1/4 cow I bought a few months ago. I have never had more succulent brisket.
 
Back
Top