New scheduled charging feature -- how is it supposed to work?

Lucid Airs do have charge scheduling - a 12-hour window. Don't schedule charging on your Chargepoint with the Air..
But if we use multiple EVs and time of use metering the charger needs to be able to schedule, not the vehicle.

But if we use multiple EVs and time of use metering the charger needs to be able to schedule, not the vehicle.
The scheduled charging on the Juicebox works great with some cars, providing it is connected to the Internet, but not the Lucid. I had the issue too of the Lucid not waking up to charge and the app generating repeated error messages. But if the Juicebox is not connected to wi-fi, it becomes a "dumb" charger. Mine got disconnected when we put in new routers and it was such a pain to reconnect it, that I didn't. So now, I can either plug it in and charge immediately or use the Scheduled Charging in the Lucid, which works great. I can plug in at any time and it starts charging at midnight without a problem.
I'm not sure what you mean by charging multiple EVs. You can only charge one car at a time, so you'd have to unplug one to charge the other. Are you trying to schedule two separate charging periods on the charger? I'm not sure that they work like that. I don't think the Juicebox does.

The scheduled charging on the Juicebox works great with some cars, providing it is connected to the Internet, but not the Lucid. I had the issue too of the Lucid not waking up to charge and the app generating repeated error messages. But if the Juicebox is not connected to wi-fi, it becomes a "dumb" charger. Mine got disconnected when we put in new routers and it was such a pain to reconnect it, that I didn't. So now, I can either plug it in and charge immediately or use the Scheduled Charging in the Lucid, which works great. I can plug in at any time and it starts charging at midnight without a problem.
I'm not sure what you mean by charging multiple EVs. You can only charge one car at a time, so you'd have to unplug one to charge the other. Are you trying to schedule two separate charging periods on the charger? I'm not sure that they work like that. I don't think the Juicebox does.
I have the lucid and a Volvo xc90 recharge. The Volvo doesn't have scheduling so it relies on the charger scheduling feature.
It seems that if you keep the app running in the background it wakes the car for scheduled charging. I'll test with my phone on airplane mode next time to see if it needs to be connected.

Back