New Owner

Congrats! Even our plug-in hybrid makes the whirring noise. The sound is a different kind of cool, sort of like a flat plane V8 or the turbine sound behind you in a flat six!

henlo! welcome aboard!

I love that motor whine. It is just like Formula E racing cars.

When can hear sound, you can sense power of Lucid motors. I think the sound is at adequate and moderate level.

I actually like the whirring of the motor but thats just me. it makes me think of a spaceship lol.
I've been driving a Tesla for the last few weeks as my Lucid is in service. And I actually noticed the Tesla motors are basically silent or almost silent.

But as you said, I don't mind the Lucid motor noise and no one I've driven it has mentioned it either.

Just picked up a QG Touring with 20" wheels in Chicago.
A few flurries did not impact the Pilot summer tires.
Very Excited.

Noticed whirring of the motor at low speeds. Part of the deal I suppose. Welcome to the club...
My kid commented this is a futuristic sound, like a spaceship. It does not hurt the ears like some other competitors vehicles.

I kind of agree now that I have been driving the car for 2 days Touring with 20" tires. The whirring sound is only up to 20 MPH and only if you accelerate or decelerate. I have been driving a 2017 Tesla 75 D since 2018 and paid about the same price. The difference in all aspects of the car are astounding really- quality, quietness, room, comfort, audio sound quality, aesthetics, storage, etc.... The build quality is just so different (better). The Lucid is so much more solid feeling over the road and bumps are very well absorbed. The difference in performance is very dramatic for 2 cars about the same weight. The stability in turns is much different/better. The acceleration in the "sprint" mode is unlike anything I experienced with the Tesla. It is frighteningly quick (0-60 in 3.0 s (C&D 2023). The passenger comfort and room is completely different in the Lucid, with the rear seats offering it seems like 30% more room. The cabin noise level, in the beginning seemed loud (whirring), but now seems so much quieter than the Tesla. This is truly an exceptional car, and the best I have ever owned. I only hope the company stays in business for the duration I own the car.

Back