New owner - San Diego

I haven’t done PPF but had Sean’s Detailing do my ceramic coating. Very pleased with them.

Maybe he wants to do what is counter-intuitive and not very popular these days - move from Texas to California.
Lol you’d be surprised - there’s been a huge influx of Texans coming to CA. Not saying it’s more than the other direction, but so many that are unhappy with the politics of Texas moving out.

Not trying to turn this into a political thread! Just genuinely been surprised by how many people I know that did just that.

Hello all, I'm a new San Diego owner. I live in Carlsbad, but you may see me driving around north county. I picked up my silver AGT in Costa Mesa exactly a week ago. We're loving the car, although still figuring out some of the software. Actually, it's supposed to be my car, but my husband hasn't driven his car since we bought this home.

Hello all, I'm a new San Diego owner. I live in Carlsbad, but you may see me driving around north county. I picked up my silver AGT in Costa Mesa exactly a week ago. We're loving the car, although still figuring out some of the software. Actually, it's supposed to be my car, but my husband hasn't driven his car since we bought this home.
Welcome to the group. We have a San Diego meet up in the planning stages for January 8th.

Welcome aboard! Nice to have more San Diego owners.

Where did you get the ceramic coating done?
I just picked up yesterday from PPF and ceramic to include all windows. I went to Autoshield Premium Paint Protection off Miramar. Felt like good, honest people. Quoted online and has done a Lucid in the past. Quoted $3k for all but discount if paying cash not card.

A second quote from Haus of Wraps (recommended by Costa Mesa Lucid because they had a customer heading there) wouldn’t give me a quote online and made me drive in on their crappy roads then proceeded to give me a “I think it will cost about $2k for PPF and $1400 for ceramic including windows” statement. I was like “think”??? I’ll pass on that statement. Their lack of confidence in the quoting process after telling me I needed to be there to quote just twisted me the wrong way. They had a Lucid GT there when I arrived but it was literally dropping off at the same time for a full color change wrap not PPF.

Third quote from ceramic pro was $2400 full front PPF wrap and their ceramic is posted online. They kinda went dark when I reply emailed about window tint.

I just picked up yesterday from PPF and ceramic to include all windows. I went to Autoshield Premium Paint Protection off Miramar. Felt like good, honest people. Quoted online and has done a Lucid in the past. Quoted $3k for all but discount if paying cash not card.

A second quote from Haus of Wraps (recommended by Costa Mesa Lucid because they had a customer heading there) wouldn’t give me a quote online and made me drive in on their crappy roads then proceeded to give me a “I think it will cost about $2k for PPF and $1400 for ceramic including windows” statement. I was like “think”??? I’ll pass on that statement. Their lack of confidence in the quoting process after telling me I needed to be there to quote just twisted me the wrong way. They had a Lucid GT there when I arrived but it was literally dropping off at the same time for a full color change wrap not PPF.

Third quote from ceramic pro was $2400 full front PPF wrap and their ceramic is posted online. They kinda went dark when I reply emailed about window tint.
wow, 3k is a great deal!

Congrats! Hopefully I'll catch a glimpse when we're down at the New Year. I'm thankful my husband prefers SUVs, so he hasn't tried to steal my AGT.

Just for full front, right? $3k is a decent deal! Which film do they use?

Just for full front, right? $3k is a decent deal! Which film do they use?
Xpel ultimate plus. Full front. $3k for full front and ceramic coating. So far it looks great. I am still letting the ceramic dry before washing it to see it bead up and repel the water but it looks great.

Thank you @Bus Driver. I'm new to tinting so have some basic questions. Regarding tinting, what level of shade (VLT?) did you go with? Did you apply the same level on the windshield, front and rear? One-of-one lists 70%, 45%, 30% and 20% as the various levels they provide. They mentioned about XPEL Prime XR+ as the best for heat rejection. How has your experience been with heat rejection. Does it reduce it significantly. I've noticed the back of the dash/display panel get quite warm in direct sunlight for over 10 minutes. If anybody else have gotten PPF and tinting done at One-of-One, would appreciate your choice and feedback as well.

Thank you @Bus Driver. I'm new to tinting so have some basic questions. Regarding tinting, what level of shade (VLT?) did you go with? Did you apply the same level on the windshield, front and rear? One-of-one lists 70%, 45%, 30% and 20% as the various levels they provide. They mentioned about XPEL Prime XR+ as the best for heat rejection. How has your experience been with heat rejection. Does it reduce it significantly. I've noticed the back of the dash/display panel get quite warm in direct sunlight for over 10 minutes. If anybody else have gotten PPF and tinting done at One-of-One, would appreciate your choice and feedback as well.
I did 35 on the front door windows and 15 on the back door windows and rear window. I used Mr. Tint in Escondido; they were great.

Back