New Model 3 Performance: 0-60 in 2.9?

Including the tax credit, its 47k... cheaper than the LR! It's a very good deal considering the 0-60. Beyond 60 and handling (although the Model 3 has been known to be nimble) is another concern, but it still looks great! I hope Lucid can roll out a nice competitor to this, both performance and price wise.

I hadn’t realized how much I miss driving a sport coupe. The best I can explain is that driving the Lucid is like being a conductor on the bullet train while driving my RX-8 feels like a go cart (now slow go cart in comparison). I would like Luicd to come up with a sport coupe. Might give the M3P a test drive… still bummed about MG not bringing the Cyberster overseas though.😟

I was saying in a conversation a few days ago that I still hope one of the three mid-range platform Lucids is a performance sedan or "hot hatchback." It may be a niche, but it would tie in perfectly with Lucid as the "driver's brand."

Right now, the Model 3 performance would be their only EV competition. And I think they could easily best that performance at a slight premium in price. They certainly could make it more than a 0-60 one-trick pony.

To be clear, my suggestion would be to make the "regular" version as a sedan or hatchback, a-la Golf or Subaru Impreza. Then offer a GTI / WRX enthusiast trim.

That way mid-range becomes a crossover to compete with Y and Rivian R2, an off-road crossover to compete with Rivian R3x, and then a sedan/hatch to compete with Model 3.

I was saying in a conversation a few days ago that I still hope one of the three mid-range platform Lucids is a performance sedan or "hot hatchback." It may be a niche, but it would tie in perfectly with Lucid as the "driver's brand."

Right now, the Model 3 performance would be their only EV competition. And I think they could easily best that performance at a slight premium in price. They certainly could make it more than a 0-60 one-trick pony.

To be clear, my suggestion would be to make the "regular" version as a sedan or hatchback, a-la Golf or Subaru Impreza. Then offer a GTI / WRX enthusiast trim.

That way mid-range becomes a crossover to compete with Y and Rivian R2, an off-road crossover to compete with Rivian R3x, and then a sedan/hatch to compete with Model 3.
I think I agree, I would totally love a hot hatch, although a sedan is first preference. What I absolutely do not want is a weird lifted hatchback, or whatever these stupid "crossovers" are these days. I absolutely hate those, since they literally have no benefits over hatches!

Hopefully Lucid has some surprises for us, similarly to the R3 being a surprise. If Lucid got similar performance in a sedan as the M3P for 60k and ~300-350 miles of range, it would be a hit.

Last edited:
Some of us drive over rocks sometimes 🙄
Oh, I'm not talking about those types of crossovers. I know what you mean by that, and those are fine with me. I'm talking about pieces of junk that have a 1 inch lift, enough plastic cladding to make a Kardashian blush, and are FWD. In other words; vehicles that try to act like they can offroad but can't. An example is the CX-30 vs the Mazda 3 hatch, since both are related. One is an SUV, the other is a hatch. They both have the same amount of cargo space, the CX-30 has barely better "offroading" capability (although if ground clearance is your thing, its for you), and the 3 hatch handles better.

In other words, if Lucid wants to make a "Sapphire" street performance car, why make it a crossover? (this is assuming Lucid keeps Sapphire a street brand, which I admit they may not. it could be a general performance brand, including offroad performance vehicles.)

I’m not sure labels matter that much, it’s about how the vehicle performs and how it looks. Polestar calls the Polestar 3 an SUV. Looks like a pretty cool hatch/crossover to me. I’m confident Lucid can create a great looking offering with outstanding performance with a mid-size 4,000 lb. vehicle packing 600 hp.

I’m not sure labels matter that much, it’s about how the vehicle performs and how it looks. Polestar calls the Polestar 3 an SUV. Looks like a pretty cool hatch/crossover to me. I’m confident Lucid can create a great looking offering with outstanding performance with a mid-size 4,000 lb. vehicle packing 600 hp.
I agree. Genesis calls my GV60P an SUV. I think it is really more of a raised hatch or at most a crossover. Labels have become a joke.

Back