New Member-Sarasota

johgo

Cars
Lucid AGT
Happy to be joining. Order an Air GT 10 months ago. Still waiting....Would like to connect with other Forum members in the Sarasota/Venice FL area to see what their experiences have been especially regarding service. Thanks

We are in Naples. Have had the car for a little over two weeks. Have found customer support to solve the only issue we have had. Delivery process was great. Glad to have survived the hurricane.

I'm in-between you both in Punta Gorda. Expecting delivery date soon since they want money now. MSH2, where did you pick up your car? Palm Beach?

Thanks for the info. Hope I hear from them soon. It has been a long wait

Looks great!!! I’m in CA….and welcome to the Lucid Family!!! You will LOVE it!! I went with AGT Black w/Mohave interior and received delivery in April. Whole process took six months from reservation to delivery.

Last edited:
We are in Naples. Have had the car for a little over two weeks. Have found customer support to solve the only issue we have had. Delivery process was great. Glad to have survived the hurricane.
Thanks MSH2. Glad to hear that your experience has been so positive. The long delivery time has given a lot of my non-Lucid friends time to try to talk me out of my decision. It takes nerves of steel.

We did OK in the hurricane. Some wind and water damage. But nothing like those just south of us

I'm in-between you both in Punta Gorda. Expecting delivery date soon since they want money now. MSH2, where did you pick up your car? Palm Beach?
Thanks Mouthpiece. Keep me posted on your expected delivery. How much time before delivery did they ask for money?

Happy to be joining. Order an Air GT 10 months ago. Still waiting....Would like to connect with other Forum members in the Sarasota/Venice FL area to see what their experiences have been especially regarding service. Thanks
Hello~ I am in Sarasota and in the ordering process and not sure I'm making the best decision. How has your experience been with service? Looks like my recharge options are 45 minutes away in Ellenton so that's not great. Have not explored the home charging installation yet and my sales person for some reason hasn't returned calls or emails. I've had a Tesla for many years and I thought the same outlet would serve to fast charge. It seems from what I am reading I need to install something different. I'm starting to have serious doubts. How do you feel about your purchase?

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the note. I ordered in Dec 2021 and received the car in Nov 2022. I had doubts along the way just like you., But the experience over the past 6 months has been terrific. There have been several minor maintenance issues but the local service tech based in Tampa has driven down and fixed them promptly. He is very good and very personable. I know they are considering a West coast repair center when they have more cars here.

Regarding charging, I charge at home when I have about 100 miles left and charge to 85% which is a bit over 400 miles. This gets me around 5-7 days of driving depending on how much I am driving. I had a local electrician add a circuit to my breaker box and install a plug in the garage wall close to the breaker box and also close to the front left side of the car. I charge overnight when I need it. I have not driven to Ellenton or Northport to the closest EA chargers. There is also a fast charger near The Landings I have heard.

About the car....best car I have ever driven and I have had some nice cars. At first, the acceleration is what you notice. But after a while, it is the driving characteristics. It is really fun to drive.

Nice to have another person close-by. I have not seen any other Lucids nearby. I live in Sarasota Cty. But the shop where I had tinting applied tells me they have seen 3.

Happy to tell you more or meet. Have you driven one?

John

Karen, if you have a 240 outlet in your garage it will charge at 100 miles of range each hour. The adapter that comes with the car. You can buy a booster that will double that but unless you drive a lot every day it isn't worth it. Edgar is the service person for the West Coast and he is fantastic. His van is huge and he can do almost everything at your house. I hope you love it as much as I do. I have had zero real problems and it is great to drive. Mike.

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the note. I ordered in Dec 2021 and received the car in Nov 2022. I had doubts along the way just like you., But the experience over the past 6 months has been terrific. There have been several minor maintenance issues but the local service tech based in Tampa has driven down and fixed them promptly. He is very good and very personable. I know they are considering a West coast repair center when they have more cars here.

Regarding charging, I charge at home when I have about 100 miles left and charge to 85% which is a bit over 400 miles. This gets me around 5-7 days of driving depending on how much I am driving. I had a local electrician add a circuit to my breaker box and install a plug in the garage wall close to the breaker box and also close to the front left side of the car. I charge overnight when I need it. I have not driven to Ellenton or Northport to the closest EA chargers. There is also a fast charger near The Landings I have heard.

About the car....best car I have ever driven and I have had some nice cars. At first, the acceleration is what you notice. But after a while, it is the driving characteristics. It is really fun to drive.

Nice to have another person close-by. I have not seen any other Lucids nearby. I live in Sarasota Cty. But the shop where I had tinting applied tells me they have seen 3.

Happy to tell you more or meet. Have you driven one?

John
Hi John,

Thank you so much for your reply. I have driven one and look forward to seeing if this all works out. Best to you and hope to connect in the future. I am close to downtown on Ringling. Kind Regards, Karen

Karen, if you have a 240 outlet in your garage it will charge at 100 miles of range each hour. The adapter that comes with the car. You can buy a booster that will double that but unless you drive a lot every day it isn't worth it. Edgar is the service person for the West Coast and he is fantastic. His van is huge and he can do almost everything at your house. I hope you love it as much as I do. I have had zero real problems and it is great to drive. Mike.
Thank you for that! This forum is so helpful

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your reply. I have driven one and look forward to seeing if this all works out. Best to you and hope to connect in the future. I am close to downtown on Ringling. Kind Regards, Karen
Good. Let me know if you have any other questions. There are a lot of little tips and tricks I have learned after six months of ownership

John

Good. Let me know if you have any other questions. There are a lot of little tips and tricks I have learned after six months of ownership

John
Hi Karen, just came across your original mail. Did you get the car?
John

I did get the car. I love it. Mine is the grey stealth version. I've and a few minor issues but easily resolved with mobile service.

Oh I am so glad. I had a few regrets, or more accurately, buyers remorse after I ordered it and before it came. But now, after 1 year, it is so much better than any other car I have ever owned. I am excited to get in every day and drive.

The local service tech, John Lopez is terrific. He has been able to fix every minor thing.

We should meet up and have a coffee some morning. I am in Nokomis. I know you said you were in Sarasota. We can have a bunch of people gawking.

John

That would be great. I'll meet you half way. call or text after the holidays DM for contact info.

Mod Note: Phone number removed

Karen and John, I live in Naples but if you ever want to meet somewhere in between for coffee I would love to. I had my first issue that requires warranty service in Miami as it wouldn’t download the new software update. They are going to pick it up on Jan 14 like they dId for the yearly service. If you want to get together after I get it back let me know. i just wish they would build a service center on this coast. I hate driving in Miami but they transport it at no charge. I love the car. Mike

Hello, Moving to the Lakewood Ranch/Sarasota area, just wanted to say hello and get an understanding of how Lucid is about service in the area. Thank you

Back