New Lucid Pure Owner - Fathom Blue

mazzyupgrade

Cars
Lucid Pure
Hello, just picked it up a couple days ago ! Had plenty of doubts - recently fell in love with Tesla FSD and seeing the onslaught of luxury EVs coming out.

Thoughts : I'm so glad I pulled the trigger! The timing of this car is not helping the company, the lack of Pures displayed is not helping, and the lack of overall knowledge of the Pure isn't helping, but dang - It is perfect. Can not express how impressive that sprint mode is - especially in this price range. Also, maybe I'm not that fancy in taste, but that interior hits the spot for me 👌. A bit younger looking. A also loving the single tone exterior.

issues : The bad is that there are some imperfections. The good is that thus far, their support has been excellent. They encourage you to look for flaws and defects. Overall, a small amount of bubbling on rear window (will have them repair so I can tint), small console lining defect (to be repaired), and one parking sensor that they will be replacing with no issues. It's easy to harp on the imperfections, but this level of addressing it makes me okay with it.

questions: has anyone seen a fathom blue matte finish ? I'm thinking of matte PPF. Has anybody ceramic coated? Any issues ? Tint ? I'm working on ceramic 70 in front windshield, 20 all around.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230507-201846.png
    Screenshot_20230507-201846.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 788
  • PXL_20230506_184715702.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230506_184715702.MP.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 605
Congrats and welcome! <3

Love the fathom blue on the Pure! Very attractive.

I had my AT PPFed & coated, also tinted on all windows. No issue at all.

I originally had a Pure in Infinite Black reserved but switched to Fathom Blue when it came time to finalize the order. It think it is will be a good choice when RWD finally gets produced.

Yess! I'm being pretty nitpicky about some of the flaws I've had in mind, but as far as the core of the car, it's been beautiful and fantastic. Really surprised at how much punch it gives on Sprint mode

I ended up opting out of PPF, but still unsure of my decision. It's just seems like about a $10,000 package almost to get the whole set of stuff

Eh..the main thing I cared about was highway assist for long drives. This has that and it works fine. Plus the drive is perfect.

I do hope they eventually develop it as they should given the insane tech.

I also hope they really work on some of the software stuff. Like Netflix app vs. cast vs..something on the right panel/bottom panel. They have a pseudo dog mode which works well enough (cabin temp can maintain). A sentry-like mode should exist. Also, there really should be an Android auto / Google maps option - Alexa is super behind. I often have to manually input addresses.

I know the car is meant to be driven, not watch TV on. But its such good real estate and can't possibly be that hard to code. You got some long road trips, so I can't imagine a good reason to NOT push a better entertainment suite for when charging.

Eh..the main thing I cared about was highway assist for long drives. This has that and it works fine. Plus the drive is perfect.

I do hope they eventually develop it as they should given the insane tech.

I also hope they really work on some of the software stuff. Like Netflix app vs. cast vs..something on the right panel/bottom panel. They have a pseudo dog mode which works well enough (cabin temp can maintain). A sentry-like mode should exist. Also, there really should be an Android auto / Google maps option - Alexa is super behind. I often have to manually input addresses.

I know the car is meant to be driven, not watch TV on. But its such good real estate and can't possibly be that hard to code. You got some long road trips, so I can't imagine a good reason to NOT push a better entertainment suite for when charging.
My experience with the Tesla Netflix/YouTube was less than good. Personally, I thought it was a complete waste. I ended up just listening to podcasts when I charged.
The Pilot Panel being oriented in portrait makes it an even poorer candidate for entertainment, if you ask me.

My experience with the Tesla Netflix/YouTube was less than good. Personally, I thought it was a complete waste. I ended up just listening to podcasts when I charged.
The Pilot Panel being oriented in portrait makes it an even poorer candidate for entertainment, if you ask me.
But couldnt they add it in the same rectangle sized window as carplay? I believe that measures in at 9 inches…
Also Joec, I recall seeing you got your model 3 in 2019(?) so it would likely have the intel atom, maybe that was what caused the slowdown?

I picked up a Blue Air three weeks ago and am enjoying driving it. Haven't figured out how to auto-park yet. Whenever I attempt, it doesn't respond.

I picked up a Blue Air three weeks ago and am enjoying driving it. Haven't figured out how to auto-park yet. Whenever I attempt, it doesn't respond.
In what part of the country are you? A few days ago, a friend told me he saw a blue Lucid. I told him it was probably wrapped since only the Sapphire comes in blue and has not yet been produced -- WRONG!!

Hudson Valley/Berkshires, which obviously aren't very heavily populated, but the only reaction received in the last three weeks was from FedEx delivery man when he came to house.

On-site repair tech said that it was the first one that he'd seen.

Attachments

• IMG_3303 2.jpeg
    IMG_3303 2.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 210
That's weird. Netiflix works great on my P85D with the upgraded MCU - unless the charger is in a low cell service area. However, I am looking forward to having enough range and charging fast enough to never really need to watch Netflix. For when I do, I'll just bring my ipad. But, it would be nice to have it in the car anyway. I'm due to pick up my Pure on Tuesday!

Hello, just picked it up a couple days ago ! Had plenty of doubts - recently fell in love with Tesla FSD and seeing the onslaught of luxury EVs coming out.

Thoughts : I'm so glad I pulled the trigger! The timing of this car is not helping the company, the lack of Pures displayed is not helping, and the lack of overall knowledge of the Pure isn't helping, but dang - It is perfect. Can not express how impressive that sprint mode is - especially in this price range. Also, maybe I'm not that fancy in taste, but that interior hits the spot for me 👌. A bit younger looking. A also loving the single tone exterior.

issues : The bad is that there are some imperfections. The good is that thus far, their support has been excellent. They encourage you to look for flaws and defects. Overall, a small amount of bubbling on rear window (will have them repair so I can tint), small console lining defect (to be repaired), and one parking sensor that they will be replacing with no issues. It's easy to harp on the imperfections, but this level of addressing it makes me okay with it.

questions: has anyone seen a fathom blue matte finish ? I'm thinking of matte PPF. Has anybody ceramic coated? Any issues ? Tint ? I'm working on ceramic 70 in front windshield, 20 all around.
I have the Fathom Blue for 2 months and I’m loving it. Great choice! Just watch the seats because they tear easily. I’m asking Lucid to replace the driver seat because of a small defect that has now become a large hole after 2 months of driving. They also need to really improve their navigation. Still too many bugs with the routing and searches. Overall it’s a fun car to drive.

Back