New Lucid Air Learning Series Videos

Sorry to add some negativity here...I was watching the videos(which are really well done btw) and then I realized that if they put in all this effort to walk us over their existing UI, then it's not really going to change that much anytime soon. More items might be added to certain menus but we're not going to see large UI features (I think).

2 things specifically bum me out:
1. The right half of the center screen where it just says "Air" is probably here to stay.
2. Carplay/Android Auto might not be that close to feature complete.

Last edited:
2 things specifically bum me out:
1. The right half of the center screen where it just says "Air" is probably here to stay.
2. Carplay/Android Auto might not be that close to feature complete.
If you watch the ”Hitting The Road” instructional video around 2:05, they say that Air logo will be replaced by navigation and “important warning indicators”.

5773FDC5-5AFD-4914-8A7A-9CAACFE8994E.png

It may incorporate what Polestar does and show a piece of the navigation with CarPlay or Android Auto too.

Also - on that topic: it depends on your definition of long. The current unofficial estimate is three months till CarPlay/AA.

In the "Getting comfortable" video they mention the massage functionality - they might wanna clarify if or that it's only in the GT & not in touring or pure 😅

In the "Getting comfortable" video they mention the massage functionality - they might wanna clarify if or that it's only in the GT & not in touring or pure 😅
Yea, this suggests that the videos will be updated in Q3 to address updates and these issues.

If you watch the ”Hitting The Road” instructional video around 2:05, they say that Air logo will be replaced by navigation and “important warning indicators”.

View attachment 1767

It may incorporate what Polestar does and show a piece of the navigation with CarPlay or Android Auto too.

Also - on that topic: it depends on your definition of long. The current unofficial estimate is three months till CarPlay/AA.

I remember seeing the navigation on the right side of the screen replacing the Air logo when I first got the car. But don’t see it anymore. Is there something I need to turn on to get the directions back?

I remember seeing the navigation on the right side of the screen replacing the Air logo when I first got the car. But don’t see it anymore. Is there something I need to turn on to get the directions back?

It’s not there yet. There was a video about it a while back but it was never in the released software.

It’s not there yet. There was a video about it a while back but it was never in the released software.
The "Air" navigation widget only displays "Air" instead of turn by turn instructions in the center cockpit pane. It's a recent development after having turn by turn there for the past several weeks. Anyone else? I'm in v2.1.10

The "Air" navigation widget only displays "Air" instead of turn by turn instructions in the center cockpit pane. It's a recent development after having turn by turn there for the past several weeks. Anyone else? I'm in v2.1.10
It should be showing turn by turn when you have the native navigation set to navigate to a destination. If it isn’t, try a logo reset.

Are you using CarPlay or the built in nav?

Back