• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

New black rims from Lucid August 8th?

On the one hand, this shouldn’t be surprising. In the configurator, there’s always been this weird section called “Look” that only has one option. Of course this was always planned.

On the other hand, does Lucid really need to be making production any more complicated at this point? I’d say save the extra options for next year, and get multiple lines going so you can ship the two trims you’ve been promising all year.

I guess they know what they are doing. There will always be a segment of the audience that wants to do this sort of mod, anyway. Might as well not leave that money on the table?

At 6k a pop, it sure does bring in some extra revenue.

I would have thought offering custom wraps or PPF or something would be even more profitable. But then again, the quality assurance on that is going to be tougher.

Official story

Official story
Not shipping until Q1. That’s a good way to delay some people, too, I suppose.

Have to admit, if I were going with Black as my exterior, I might consider this. Looks better than I thought it would. Or maybe red. Don’t like it with the white or grey as much.

I noticed its not available on the Pure. Looks fine. Not sure how it would look with certain colors like White and Silver however.

I noticed its not available on the Pure. Looks fine. Not sure how it would look with certain colors like White and Silver however.
The Pure's roof matches the exterior color of the car, so there would be less black involved. But I wouldn't be surprised if they offered a similar package on the Pure somewhere down the line.

Interesting also that you seem to be able to choose either 20 or 21-inch stealth rims, but there's no 19-inch option. I guess Batman doesn't drive in the snow?

It would seem that the 20 and 21 don't have the aero insert which is why you can black it out with a powder coat.

I wonder if Lucid would allow me to swap out my front light lip with the stealth one..

I see Lucid design team members made good use of excessive Blackwing pencils supply.

I like this one the best….
D49DB8DB-08B2-411C-9B44-103403C70A79.jpeg

I confirmed my order today to secure the EV subsidy - I am all in now.

I have no interest in the new stealth offering but am quite keen on powder coating my rims matte black. I think it'll go well with the Infinite black color I opted for. Anyone with experience with powder coating? Any concerns on performance, effect on brake pad/rotors or warranty?

Back