New Air GT Owner needs a little help

Mr.Quindazzi

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Jan 16, 2026
Messages
116
Reaction score
101
Cars
2025 Lucid Air GT
Hello,

I just purchased an Air GT at auction and having it delivered this week. It's coming via a shipping company, so I have some questions about how the current owner and I should handle the shipping/transfer.
  1. Should I have the current owner do a factory reset to clear his profile(s) from the car?
  2. If yes, when the car arrives and I have the fobs, will I be able to drive it in guest mode (or any other mode for that matter) until I can effect a transfer via Lucid customer care?
  3. Regarding the keys- am I correct in presuming that the shipper should not leave the keys in the car during transit? From digging around on this forum it seems likely that could cause some problems
Anything else you think I should I know?
 
Hello,

I just purchased an Air GT at auction and having it delivered this week. It's coming via a shipping company, so I have some questions about how the current owner and I should handle the shipping/transfer.
  1. Should I have the current owner do a factory reset to clear his profile(s) from the car?
  2. If yes, when the car arrives and I have the fobs, will I be able to drive it in guest mode (or any other mode for that matter) until I can effect a transfer via Lucid customer care?
  3. Regarding the keys- am I correct in presuming that the shipper should not leave the keys in the car during transit? From digging around on this forum it seems likely that could cause some problems
Anything else you think I should I know?
1. No, cars are tied to account by VIN, not login. You’d have to get Lucid to change it.
2. If the fob is linked to a profile, you can just use that profile. Otherwise, have them change the PIN or you can use guest mode.
3. Good question; I don’t know.
 
Hello,

I just purchased an Air GT at auction and having it delivered this week. It's coming via a shipping company, so I have some questions about how the current owner and I should handle the shipping/transfer.
  1. Should I have the current owner do a factory reset to clear his profile(s) from the car?
  2. If yes, when the car arrives and I have the fobs, will I be able to drive it in guest mode (or any other mode for that matter) until I can effect a transfer via Lucid customer care?
  3. Regarding the keys- am I correct in presuming that the shipper should not leave the keys in the car during transit? From digging around on this forum it seems likely that could cause some problems
Anything else you think I should I know?
Borski covered 1 and 2 but I would comment on the fobs. There was at least one story of a Lucid transport where a hood was ripped off during transport as the driver accidentally sat on the fob in a particular way that popped the frunk. Exceedingly rare case, sure. But nonetheless a consideration. Have the keys separate and not in someone’s click-able back pocket.
 
Hello,

I just purchased an Air GT at auction and having it delivered this week. It's coming via a shipping company, so I have some questions about how the current owner and I should handle the shipping/transfer.
  1. Should I have the current owner do a factory reset to clear his profile(s) from the car?
  2. If yes, when the car arrives and I have the fobs, will I be able to drive it in guest mode (or any other mode for that matter) until I can effect a transfer via Lucid customer care?
  3. Regarding the keys- am I correct in presuming that the shipper should not leave the keys in the car during transit? From digging around on this forum it seems likely that could cause some problems
Anything else you think I should I know?
Have them take the batteries out.
 
Previous owner did a reset so profiles removed
Transport driver had both keys and key cards stored inside the car during shipping, but it worked out fine- he just pulled it out of the trailer and I drove it home.
 
As soon as I got it I drove it 30 miles to a shop to get PPF installed, so not much experience so far. Lots of trying to figure out how all the controls work on the drive. Only booted it once and I was in smooth mode and it was 6 degrees out-still impressively fast
Thank you for asking
 
@Mr.Quindazzi I recently had the same circumstance, except the original owner did not reset. Plus the car was shipped with one fob and the selling dealer FedExed me the other fob and keycards in the original box. When I went to set it up I had to contact the dealer who had the original owner provide me the PIN so that I could get the car set up. After that everything progressed fairly smoothly.
 
Back
Top