Navigation on carplay

Mac

Cars
Air Touring
I just used CarPlay navigation & there was no voice guidance & the large screen didn’t display the navigation only the top smaller one had it. Am I missing something. Thanks

I just used CarPlay navigation & there was no voice guidance & the large screen didn’t display the navigation only the top smaller one had it. Am I missing something. Thanks
CarPlay doesn’t support multiple screens yet on Apple’s end. That’s coming in iOS 17 I believe, but then I assume Lucid will have some work to do to enable that as well if they choose to.
Voice guidance definitely works for me, but maybe you have to be using CarPlay as your audio source for that? Not sure, I typically have audio directions off.

CarPlay doesn’t support multiple screens yet on Apple’s end. That’s coming in iOS 17 I believe, but then I assume Lucid will have some work to do to enable that as well if they choose to.
Voice guidance definitely works for me, but maybe you have to be using CarPlay as your audio source for that? Not sure, I typically have audio directions off.
CarPlay has supported multiple screens for some time. That isn't new in 17. But Lucid would have to implement that, and they haven't to date.

CarPlay 2, arriving later this year in some limited models, will not only support multiple screens, but will display more of more of the car's internal information, along with interactivity with the actual car via CarPlay. (Turning on and off AC, etc.) The current CarPlay 1 is basically displaying information and controlling infotainment on the phone only.

I made a short video for you about turning on the sound in CarPlay. Please go to the FAQ section on https://www.lucidupdates.com.

Pretty much nothing you said there is correct. CarPlay does support multiple screens in the current version but Lucid does not use the functionality. iOS 17 does not change that in current beta release (B3). When CarPlay is on, regardless of audio source, voice instructions will be heard if they are turned on as per the video I uploaded and linked in the above post.
Here is an article from 2021 showing CarPlay with navigation instructions on an additional screen (VW). https://www.macrumors.com/review/2021-volkswagen-tiguan-carplay/

Last edited:
Sorry, you’re right. I guess I misinterpreted the last WWDC. I haven’t seen multi screen carplay and they were talking about it, sounded like it was new in the new version.

Also wanted to add something somewhat related, that after you start the native Lucid Navigation app, if you start Navigation in CarPlay, the Native Navigation is canceled. In my case I wanted to have Waze and the Native app running. The best "workaround" is to just run Waze (but not specify a destination) and also run the Native app. This way you will still get alerts from Waze. There is an interaction between the Native Lucid Navigation and CarPlay map apps. On my wife's BMW, if you have navigation in CarPlay running, and you switch to the Native app, your route is transferred there. I wish Lucid had a similar function.

Thanks again. I wish they made things easier. Have a great week.

Back