RESOLVED My service experience in North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBCinWNC

Cars
Lucid GT delivered 9/22
My Lucid GT passenger door handle won’t present and is making a very loud percussive sound as it tries to open. I called Lucid on august 18 and they said that someone would reach out. On August 22 I received a text asking about the problem to which I immediately responded. I heard nothing until I texted again on the 28th when I reached out to them again.

They told me they were super busy and couldn’t help me until September 13, almost 4 weeks from the date the problem occurred. They refused to provide me with a loaner or reimburse me for a car rental and are trying to argue that the car is drivable. I didn’t pay $140k for a car that is merely drivable.

I am sorry I bought this car.

My Lucid GT passenger door handle won’t present and is making a very loud percussive sound as it tries to open. I called Lucid on august 18 and they said that someone would reach out. On August 22 I received a text asking about the problem to which I immediately responded. I heard nothing until I texted again on the 28th when I reached out to them again.

They told me they were super busy and couldn’t help me until September 13, almost 4 weeks from the date the problem occurred. They refused to provide me with a loaner or reimburse me for a car rental and are trying to argue that the car is drivable. I didn’t pay $140k for a car that is merely drivable.

Call customer service, and speak to Patricia, she is the CS manager and is a joy to work with.

I'm sure @mcr16 or her can get you sorted

Where are you located?

While it's not great customer service, a non functioning passenger door handle does not make the car non drivable. I honestly can't fault Lucid for that declaration. The wait time however...

If they are that busy that is good news, lots of deliveries!

While it's not great customer service, a non functioning passenger door handle does not make the car non drivable. I honestly can't fault Lucid for that declaration. The wait time however...

I concur. That is why I asked where the OP is from. Is it far from a Lucid service center? I would expect a reasonable wait for service given that the car is drivable (say no more than one week) and then a loaner should be provided. Living in Scottsdale, e.g., I could just drive it into the service center. But if one is in Lincoln Nebraska That could be more problematic.

I concur. That is why I asked where the OP is from. Is it far from a Lucid service center? I would expect a reasonable wait for service given that the car is drivable (say no more than one week) and then a loaner should be provided. Living in Scottsdale, e.g., I could just drive it into the service center. But if one is in Lincoln Nebraska That could be more problematic.
Based on the title of this thread, I'd say he/she is in North Carolina. Fat away from any service center.

i'm pretty sure i had the same issue with one of my rear door handles. while it's not ideal, i would agree with CS that the car is derivable.

My Lucid GT passenger door handle won’t present and is making a very loud percussive sound as it tries to open.

The same symptom developed with the driver door of our Air. Fortunately (?) the car was in the shop at the time, so the latching mechanism was replaced during that service visit.

We went through four driver door latching mechanisms on our 2015 Tesla Model S before Tesla finally redesigned the mechanism from the ground up. Lucid hired a fair number of Tesla engineers. Could Tesla's "openings" engineer have been among them?

Mine happened with my drivers door. Fortunately I was able to get an appointment the following week for replacement with an updated part. Even with my drivers door handle not presenting I was still able to open the door by just sliding a card under the handle to lift it so while annoying it was drivable. I hope the OP gets an appointment soon because thats quite a wait and would be frustrating.

Ultimately, Lucid has to put a service center in north carolina. Having the closest center in northern Virginia is impractical. It too large a population with potential for sales which is substantially harmed by the lack of any infrastructure.

Ultimately, Lucid has to put a service center in north carolina. Having the closest center in northern Virginia is impractical. It too large a population with potential for sales which is substantially harmed by the lack of any infrastructure.
I have a feeling this is a chicken / egg problem. Overstaffing in lightly used service centers by doing a rapid expansion would cause excessive drain on the bottom line. Mobile techs have the ability to service most problems with the vehicles. Mine has not needed a service center visit and there is not one locally. In fact I find the mobile tech service incredibly convenient. I think in the short term it appears they need additional mobile service techs to service the region. I have zero issue with not having a service center locally.

I would say he may be in an even more inhospitable place in NC, like Asheville or thereabouts as his username portrays ("...inWNC"). Charlotte and Raleigh at least have the potential to cover multiple calls in one visit from the service tech (Mason) from the Richmond, VA area. He told me there are at least five cars within 5 miles of me last time he was here. There are more both just south and just north of Charlotte as well.

I let Mason know I still had that "gurgling" sound that he tried to resolve on his last visit and he was very quick to ask my availability, albeit a couple weeks from now. It is something I live with, and have since delivery really, but I told him it was not something he needed to make a special trip for and to coordinate it with others if that was more practical. The mobile techs I have met have all been great, no exception. Now, if he sends me an invoice pre-visit with a travel cost, that is where the Lucid experience will then be vastly different than the traditional BMW/Mercedes/local dealer experience.

I agree that mobile service has been very good. Only had one visit with Mason who is awesome. My point is that there are millions of people along the I-85 corridor in north carolina. If you want to grow your business, you have to have service that doesn't require wait times that are close to a month

I agree that mobile service has been very good. Only had one visit with Mason who is awesome. My point is that there are millions of people along the I-85 corridor in north carolina. If you want to grow your business, you have to have service that doesn't require wait times that are close to a month
No doubt, agree 100%. I heard during one visit that they were trying to find Charlotte-based mobile service techs, seems like an intermediate, but positive step, but nothing has come of it.

You got to be kidding...for $140k plus vehicle to have entry problems is absurd. I am kinda getting tired of the excuses: new car, new company, new this, new that...hell, key fob batteries lasting less than a month, 2-4 weeks for repairs, etc. Come on...this is way past early adopters bearing the initial problems of a start-up. I remember when myself and a couple of friends started a new golf course thinking since we were golfers, we knew the ropes. No great preliminary plans or business model and we suffered. Lucid needs to step up and get their shit together soon.

Thanks everyone for your support. Lucid called today and will take care of it in next two days. All is well that ends well.

In response to the comment about drivability, my thought is that of course it is drivable, but if I just wanted drivable I could have bought a used Chevrolet. I paid $140k for an experience.

Does anyone know how to edit the headline on my post to say that this has been resolved? Or how to delete the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back