• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

My Lucid Air parties all night with no one it in.

DreamTour

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
Referral Code
SU5XF4DI
I walked up to my locked air in the garage and heard a little thumping, at first i thought the neighbors were jamming hard but leaning into the car it was coming from inside! It had been locked for the night and it was still jamming. I was wondering where the battery drain was coming from!

Even a lock/unlock sequence didn't get the party to stop.

A valet card reset fixed it.

Maybe the car is trying to tell me something.

I walked up to my locked air in the garage and heard a little thumping, at first i thought the neighbors were jamming hard but leaning into the car it was coming from inside! It had been locked for the night and it was still jamming. I was wondering where the battery drain was coming from!

after setting up my wife’s profile with the 2nd key, my car wouldn’t turn off either after walking away far enough. I think I got it to sleep after manually locking it and it hasn’t happened again since

Do you have the mobile key set up or is the fob near the vehicle? Either could be waking up the car.

Yeah they are close enough to be picked up, just got my faraday box so it doesn't keep waking

The weird part was that the music was on while the car was unoccupied and locked. Pretty sure the audio isn't supposed to play until you open the door.

This happened to me one time when I first received the car. Turned off , went away and then came back later and the music was still going. Reset and it has never happened again. You are not alone.🤣🤣

My keys are in a faraday bag but I was losing considerable range the first few days. I realized that the mobile key car was waking up every time I went to my garage or my office room close to the garage. I have turned off bluetooth for the lucid app and now the car is comfortably sleeping and not losing range :) . I turn on the lucid app Bluetooth only when I need to drive the car. The one issue with this is every time I turn off the bluetooth the car loses my contacts and messages and I need to re sync them when I turn it back on

Last edited:
My keys are in a faraday bag but I was losing considerable range the first few days. I realized that the mobile key car was waking up every time I went to my garage or my office room close to the garage. I have turned off bluetooth for the lucid app and now the car is comfortably sleeping and not losing range :) . I turn on the lucid app Bluetooth only when I need to drive the car. The one issue with this is every time I turn off the bluetooth the car loses my contacts and messages and I need to re sync them when I turn it back on
They need to fix that. Perhaps shorten the range to 5 feet or less. It is definitely annoying that it turns on and off at least twice when I go out via the garage to throw trash.

Reactions: ksn
They need to fix that. Perhaps shorten the range to 5 feet or less. It is definitely annoying that it turns on and off at least twice when I go out via the garage to throw trash.
I wonder how much range that burns.

The problem is that Bluetooth is just not that precise. It will not be able to distinguish between 5 feet and 20, for instance.

I use my garage as the primary entrance to go in and out of the house . The first 2 days I lost close 20 miles of range each day. Since I turned off bluetooth on the app Sunday night, I lost probably just a mile yesterday

I use my garage as the primary entrance to go in and out of the house . The first 2 days I lost close 20 miles of range each day. Since I turned off bluetooth on the app Sunday night, I lost probably just a mile yesterday
Feels like they should be able to shrink that loss with some optimization. Not sure if the entire car needs to wake up on every single pass by with the fob or phone. Maybe there's a way to simply unlock, then not fire up all the other systems until the door is actually opened?

Just talking out of my butt here, but I think it likely they can improve on the amount of energy lost per wake up, even if they can't prevent wake ups, if that makes sense.

It’s not about range but more about the annoyance to see it turn on and the mirrors extend etc. But otherwise even without that the car does bleed 2 to 7 miles of range depending on the weather for me.

The problem is that Bluetooth is just not that precise. It will not be able to distinguish between 5 feet and 20, for instance.
Some BLE is; see AirTags, for example.

It's telling you you're missing something :) Hop in !!!

So I was leaving a meeting tonight and happened to have a goodbye conversation with a guy right next to my car, both key and phone in my pocket. The car was going nuts, turning on, flashing lights, folding mirrors, locking doors, lather, rinse, repeat. I felt like an idiot. Is there any way to stop this?

So I was leaving a meeting tonight and happened to have a goodbye conversation with a guy right next to my car, both key and phone in my pocket. The car was going nuts, turning on, flashing lights, folding mirrors, locking doors, lather, rinse, repeat. I felt like an idiot. Is there any way to stop this?
strangethings.jpeg

So the faraday pouch helped for my key fobs, but was still waking from my phone. Realistically i drive with a key fob, do you know if just unlinking the key will stop the waking or does bluetooth need to be disabled for the app?

Back