An interesting thing I’ve noticed is that your dynamic range is not calculated from an average of trip A plus trip B plus since last charge metrics on your trip info. I purposefully reset my trip A from when I first got the car to try to mitigate the effect of winter but my dynamic range is now lower than any of the three range indicators. So my Lucid is still using mileage from new internally I believe to calculate the dynamic range rather than more current conditions which I think makes it less accurate
yeah, I can't figure out how it's calculated either. I finished a trip coming down from the Sierra mountains on Friday, about a 3-hour 30-minute drive and pulled into the garage with around 3.5 mi/kWh dynamic range. not surprising since a lot of that was elevation loss and regen (it's the red zone in the consumption breakdown below, not visible but it was -6.7%). I was at 95% when I left. Temps were ~55-85 F over the the ~260 mile route.
what I
don't understand is when I immediately backed out of the garage this morning, the car was saying 2.85 mi/kWh. So, where did
yesterday's dynamic range go as a factor?
below is a shot of the energy screen to show the mountain coast down bump up (I haven't charged yet so it hasn't reset the graph).
I've said this multiple times but I used to get well over 3.2 mi/kWh with driving locally until the 3.4.1 update, then it dropped to average below 3. Why? Who knows.
What's annoying is that on the way
up I can't really comfortably do my usual door-to-door 240 miles in one charge when temps plummet in winter conditions because I will pull in with less then 5% remaining, too close for me to not stop and charge before the last 80 miles of the hike up. Hate to say it but this is a distance I can easily do in my gas Land Rover in the winter and get there with more than 1/3 of a tank left. (it was even better when I had one of their diesel models).
One reason I sprung for a 450-mile (on paper) Gravity GT was hoping it would better match the LR for range. So far it's not doing so well, unless routes from A to B and back are both going downhill.
It's still fun to drive though, so there's that.
