My dynamic range is really low

Right, opposite to other EVs, the GGT doesn't do well on a slow stop and go city traffic due to its weight. That's why it does better at a constant highway speed.
This is not my experience at all after about 12,500 miles. It’s great in stop and go and definitely higher efficiency than cruising.

That said, the cold weather has crushed my dynamic range - as low as 2.05 when it was 15 degrees and I was driving through a 2,600ft change in elevation. It’s back to about 2.57 now and I expect it to be close to 3.0 when it’s summer in the DMV.

I routinely got 3.30 last summer on several road trips of about 150-200 miles and posted about it back then. I have the 21/22, seven seat. Now, you need fairly ideal weather and little elevation change, but it’s absolutely possible. And I had one child, a dog and a full trunk.
 
My 5 seater Gravity 20/21 (~3300 miles) has reached as high as 4.55 m/kWh running errands around town.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0905.webp
    IMG_0905.webp
    2.5 MB · Views: 137
3.6 for 500 miles is insane!! Is that all downhill? 🤣
around 2022/23 (before the fire) I rented a Model Y while in Maui
we went to the top of the mountain/volcano to see the botanicals and goats. We plotted the trip back with a stop at lunch (think this was before Elon gave in and added waypoints) and it said we'd arrive 3% higher than the current charge and I was like, "well that's a glitch"
sure enough due it the amount of downhill we arrived with 3% more charge
 
The vast majority are hwy miles back and forth between Orlando and Palm Beach, all downhill in both directions.
I have to wonder about your acceleration numbers, seems like one or maybe even both motors aren’t reporting for duty and may have left the chat altogether and are giving you a weight reduction.
 
is that accounting for trips on the flatbed tow truck? ;)
The vast majority are hwy miles back and forth between Orlando and Palm Beach, all downhill in both directions.
Just like my dad did growing up in Ireland, walking 3 miles each way uphill, both ways in the snow (Phoenix gets more snow than Ireland :) ...with only a potato to eat. And then he had to carry the cows nack to the barn too :)
 
I’m here to tell you my acceleration numbers are great. But I’m also here to try to demonstrate that the GGT efficiency numbers are closer to being achievable than others suggest. The current environment in Florida this time of year is as close to ideal as one could expect - flat highways, mild temperatures and decently paved roads. It’s easy to sprint up and down the roadways in our GGTs. They certainly are built for it, and I have had my earlier indulgences when it was new. It takes a bit more discipline to discover what’s possible efficiency wise. I want to know that it is both fast and efficient as advertised! In fact, that is exactly what I am finding.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0906.webp
    IMG_0906.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0907.webp
    IMG_0907.webp
    572.2 KB · Views: 97
I’m not close to that, but got 3.19 on a 350 mile road trip today with weather from 58-71 and relatively flat. Dynamic ended at 3.02. Absolutely possible to get rated range but yes, takes the right conditions and a bit of discipline.
 
I’m here to tell you my acceleration numbers are great. But I’m also here to try to demonstrate that the GGT efficiency numbers are closer to being achievable than others suggest. The current environment in Florida this time of year is as close to ideal as one could expect - flat highways, mild temperatures and decently paved roads. It’s easy to sprint up and down the roadways in our GGTs. They certainly are built for it, and I have had my earlier indulgences when it was new. It takes a bit more discipline to discover what’s possible efficiency wise. I want to know that it is both fast and efficient as advertised! In fact, that is exactly what I am finding.
Wow - 3.68 mi/kWh over 790 miles is great. That’s 432 miles of range (using 117.39 kWh usable).
 
I can’t get mine over 2.3, even in nice weather. However, I think that’s understandable, since most of my time is spent either waiting in line to pick up the kids from school, or cruising at 80mph in the express lane of I66.
 
I’m not close to that, but got 3.19 on a 350 mile road trip today with weather from 58-71 and relatively flat. Dynamic ended at 3.02. Absolutely possible to get rated range but yes, takes the right conditions and a bit of discipline.
Below 60 degrees I have trouble staying above 3.0.
 
I am so so close to hitting 4.0, but the car wiped out my history so I guess that dream is gone…
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6449.webp
    IMG_6449.webp
    342.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_6417.webp
    IMG_6417.webp
    179.9 KB · Views: 86
I'm currently getting around 2.8 mi. kW/h, driving it like an Amish farmer's buggy with that triangle symbol (not that there's anything wrong with that) at around 70 degrees F and am not happy. 😡
 
My dynamic range after 3300 miles is hovering around 2.55. I can only assume that part of that is due to some winter driving in brutally cold weather ( around 0)which really tanked my numbers as I seem to be averaging about 2.85 now day to day. I have a 5 passenger model with 21/22s. I hope as we go into spring I start to nibble at 3.0 which would be great
 
I'm currently getting around 2.8 mi. kW/h, driving it like an Amish farmer's buggy with that triangle symbol (not that there's anything wrong with that) at around 70 degrees F and am not happy. 😡
I'm currently getting around 2.31, driving it like a bat out of hell and am sooo happy!! 🙃
 
An interesting thing I’ve noticed is that your dynamic range is not calculated from an average of trip A plus trip B plus since last charge metrics on your trip info. I purposefully reset my trip A from when I first got the car to try to mitigate the effect of winter but my dynamic range is now lower than any of the three range indicators. So my Lucid is still using mileage from new internally I believe to calculate the dynamic range rather than more current conditions which I think makes it less accurate
 
Back
Top