My dynamic range is really low

BrianBigNFun

(He/Him)
Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Jun 2, 2025
Messages
643
Reaction score
1,072
Location
Montco PA
Cars
Gravity GT Aurora Green
Referral Code
EWCE5D3I
some specs-

Had the car for 6 days now, weather here is in the high 50's as of late
I have been using smooth mostly at a standard ride height
GT edition 20" tires no 7th row
My rated range at 80% is showing 355 at 80% which is close enough to the 450 at 100%
My dynamic range at 80% 2.85 kwh efficiency is only giving me 270 miles, should I be concerned over this and contact service?
 
You battery will readjust after driving 2000 miles. That's the "break in" period.
Having said that, are you taking short trips and/or driving in city with a lot of stop-n-go?
 
Following…
I have a similar config but with a 3rd row. I m getting around 2.45 kWh efficiency with around 220 mile range
 
Sounds like some “normal” issues though I wish they weren’t normal with newer deliveries.

It will really only read texts to you, as far as I can tell. I don’t think all text functionality is set up yet based on my experience.

For charging, it should be set up already. I can’t remember where, but you can see it in the Lucid phone up. Something like in the wallet. Someone will chime in.

Enjoy the ride and try to ignore the gremlins when they pop up - and they will.

You battery will readjust after driving 2000 miles. That's the "break in" period.
Having said that, are you taking short trips and/or driving in city with a lot of stop-n-go?


small amount of highway but mostly suburban driving, the efficiency has gone down from 3.25 to 2.85 since i got it and have stopped doing launch test lol
 
cant edit but somehow I added a quote from a week ago
 
You have to give the dynamic range estimate more time and data to come up with a more real number for you. As somone mentioned, past the break in point of 2k miles and the car will have tons more data to build a proper estimate. You probably have relatively few miles of data for it to go on and the launches way more heavy in the equation right now. So give it time. More launches of course make it go down in efficiency and throw off the range estimates but dang, they sure are fun!
 
interesting.
 
some specs-

Had the car for 6 days now, weather here is in the high 50's as of late
I have been using smooth mostly at a standard ride height
GT edition 20" tires no 7th row
My rated range at 80% is showing 355 at 80% which is close enough to the 450 at 100%
My dynamic range at 80% 2.85 kwh efficiency is only giving me 270 miles, should I be concerned over this and contact service?
I called in to the Service Center in AZ because after two trips in Economy Mode on the highway at a fixed speed of 70 mph, ambient temperature in the 60's, and tire pressure at 43 psi, I only obtained an efficiency of 3.01 m/kWh.

To set the stage,
  • I am on my 6th electric vehicle (one Nissan Leaf, three Tesla's and one BMW iX) so I am very familiar with how to drive to see optimum efficiency.
  • I took delivery of my Gravity with 7 seats on December 17th.
  • The stated range of my new car with the tires and features I purchased is 437 miles.
  • In order to obtain a range of 437, I would have to see an efficiency of 3.55 m/kWh.
  • I have had the car now for three weeks.
  • The odometer is just under 1000 miles.
The Owners Manual at page 104 states:
"NOTE: Efficiency is suboptimal during the early life of the vehicle (approximately the first 2000 miles of driving)".​

So, I expect that my range should improve over the next few weeks as I add more miles to the car. However, I am concerned that while the efficiency might improve, I am doubtful I will ever get the 3.55 m/kWh that they advertise.

I will post more as I continue to monitor my performance in the future.....
 
Just back from a road trip with a lot of different temps, 10-70F, and from flat to mountains. Interstates to country roads. Definitely noticed the Dynamic range recalibrate. And noticed the car make adjustments beyond Dynamic Range in terms of estimated battery remaining calculations. A few times Dynamic Range would have said I couldn't make it to a charger, but navigation said I could. Navigation turned out to be pretty accurate.
 
My dynamic range is showing 3.01 m/kWh efficiency right now (218 miles dynamic range at 61% SOC). It was around 78F today when I went for a short drive. It doesn't look that it will ever be close to 3.55/437 miles number
 
I don’t really trust the dynamic efficiency. Mine jumps around a fair amount. The range seems to be more accurate than the efficiency. But the range on navigation and the efficiency on the trip odometers appears to be the most accurate ones to track.
 
You guys are funny. Our XC40 SUV struggles to exceed 2.6 miles per kWh, and it's roughly 1/4 the size of Gravity.
 
I have gotten into low 1.8s but couldn’t hit 1.7s on dynamic. Did on a per trip bases tho.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4557.webp
    IMG_4557.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_4558.webp
    IMG_4558.webp
    118.7 KB · Views: 106
Same I am now are 2.1 have 8000 miles on the car. Seems impossible to be near 3
 
I'm at 1,999 miles this morning. I'm sitting at around 2.58 to 2.7. So if I drive my car some time this morning, I expect to see a noticeable bump up in efficiency.

About about 3.55 number mentioned earlier, I wonder how slow I'd have to drive to achieve that number...
 
I have gotten into low 1.8s but couldn’t hit 1.7s on dynamic. Did on a per trip bases tho.
What were the conditions (terrain, weather, speed) and Gravity configuration (wheels being the most important).

On the same route, I can achieve under 2 mi/kWh or above 3 mi/kWh depending on car load (passengers/cargo), weather, traffic, and how I drive (acceleration/speed). One direction is consistently higher in efficiency than the other due to slight elevation gain/loss. This is on the trip meter.
 
My driving is mostly short, 5 mile jaunts. I spent some time on multiple 35 mile trips over a couple hours and my efficiency went WAY up compared to normal. It appears to that if the battery is warmed up (it was in the 40s) the efficiency is much better. I know that makes sense and is widely known - I hadn’t experienced it.

Gives me real world experience that longer trips are going to be way better than I had prepared myself for. What a great damn car!!!!
 
[…]
About about 3.55 number mentioned earlier, I wonder how slow I'd have to drive to achieve that number...
When forced to go slow because of traffic around 55 mph (speed limit 65 mph), I hit 3.59 mi/kWh over 20.9 miles on the “good” leg of my commute (-1% charge used for elevation). Gravity 20/21 wheels, 7-seater. I normally drive 10 mph above the speed limit. I can’t force myself to do a scientific test and drive that slowly in both directions in the dead of night.

IMG_8247.webp
 
Back
Top