My car won't turn off...

socktucker

Active Member

Joined
Sep 17, 2025
Messages
3,782
Reaction score
3,398
Location
Silicone Grease It
Cars
Lucid Air
2026 Air, I've been having issues with the door not realizing its closed, and not waking up.

Well today, my car is sitting outside of my office just...on. Won't turn off. Phone isn't near it, no fobs.

I can get in it, mess with everything. Asks for a pin to drive. Is this some sort of valet mode?
 
Try disconnecting your mobile key and reconnecting. If it still doesn't resolve, soft-restart with logo.
 
2026 Air, I've been having issues with the door not realizing its closed, and not waking up.

Well today, my car is sitting outside of my office just...on. Won't turn off. Phone isn't near it, no fobs.

I can get in it, mess with everything. Asks for a pin to drive. Is this some sort of valet mode?
Is passive lock on?

Or, something is wrong. Have you tried pushing in the handle to lock it? Or locking it with the mobile app?
 
Is passive lock on?

Or, something is wrong. Have you tried pushing in the handle to lock it? Or locking it with the mobile app?
no passive lock on or off. It's already going in for service because the driver side door handles don't wake the car anymore.

I am wondering if its an issue with the drivers door not knowing its closed?

I was able to connect to the car via app, and lock the doors, then the car went to sleep eventually. This is the second time its done this though, the more i think about it the more i think its the drivers' door (or something in that mix) not reporting its been closed because it acts like its open and running.

I'll add it to the list, its gotta be related to the other service stuff.
 
no passive lock on or off. It's already going in for service because the driver side door handles don't wake the car anymore.

I am wondering if its an issue with the drivers door not knowing its closed?

I was able to connect to the car via app, and lock the doors, then the car went to sleep eventually. This is the second time its done this though, the more i think about it the more i think its the drivers' door (or something in that mix) not reporting its been closed because it acts like its open and running.

I'll add it to the list, its gotta be related to the other service stuff.
Certainly a chance it's related. Just like my wiper problem was due to the problem with my charge port door motor 🙄
 
no passive lock on or off.
I’m confused.

If passive lock is off, it will not lock without you either pushing in the handle or using a fob or the mobile app.

If passive lock is on, it should lock when you walk away.

Passive lock cannot be both off and on, I don’t know what kind of Schrödinger’s lock you think you have lol :p

If the drivers side door handle is broken, you can also lock it using the passenger door if I recall correctly, but I’m not certain about that.
 
I thought this was intended behavior? I haven't spent a lot of time investigating, but in my experience my Air will remain in an awake state (infotainment on, HVAC running, external LEDs flashing if charging) until I lock it, either thru passive lock or manually pushing the handle. As with most modern cars, locking it is effectively the power button.

If this is a bug then I suppose I should reach out to service. But I don't really consider it a problem since I always lock my vehicles when leaving them unattended.
 
I thought this was intended behavior? I haven't spent a lot of time investigating, but in my experience my Air will remain in an awake state (infotainment on, HVAC running, external LEDs flashing if charging) until I lock it, either thru passive lock or manually pushing the handle. As with most modern cars, locking it is effectively the power button.
This is the correct behavior.
 
I frequently leave my Air unlocked. After a period of time the car shuts off and the door handles retract. I really wish it would shut-off and leave the door handles extended when unlocked.
 
I frequently leave my Air unlocked. After a period of time the car shuts off and the door handles retract. I really wish it would shut-off and leave the door handles extended when unlocked.
Yeah, that’s a commonly requested feature. You can turn off passive lock, but then it will stay on, too.
 
I’m confused.

If passive lock is off, it will not lock without you either pushing in the handle or using a fob or the mobile app.

If passive lock is on, it should lock when you walk away.

Passive lock cannot be both off and on, I don’t know what kind of Schrödinger’s lock you think you have lol :p

If the drivers side door handle is broken, you can also lock it using the passenger door if I recall correctly, but I’m not certain about that.
Passive lock is off, sorry. Walk away and walk up is off. It locks anyways eventually. But the mirrors don’t fold when that happens. I can open it from passenger side.
 
mine has always turned itself off and locked itself after leaving it for about 15 minutes. if passive on it locks when you walk away. you cant leave an air unlocked for an extended time,,wish it did ..i like to leave my cars unlocked
 
The only way to leave the car unlocked is with passive lock off. Walk away, after 10 or so minutes car turns off, door handles retract and mirrors DO NOT fold.

The car is then unlocked. It can be opened without a FOB or phone present. Just press any door handle to get the handles to present to get in any door or open the trunk. It can be driven (after entering the PIN) without the FOB or phone.

Otherwise I just press one (any one) of the door handles and the car immediately turns off, handles retract and mirrors fold. The car is now locked and you'll need a FOB, phone or key card to get in.

I leave passive lock and unlock off.
 
The only way to leave the car unlocked is with passive lock off. Walk away, after 10 or so minutes car turns off, door handles retract and mirrors DO NOT fold.

The car is then unlocked. It can be opened without a FOB or phone present. Just press any door handle to get the handles to present to get in any door or open the trunk. It can be driven (after entering the PIN) without the FOB or phone.

Otherwise I just press one (any one) of the door handles and the car immediately turns off, handles retract and mirrors fold. The car is now locked and you'll need a FOB, phone or key card to get in.

I leave passive lock and unlock off.
Interesting. My handles on the drivers side don’t wake the car at all anymore, but the passenger side works as described.
 
No doubt I'm in the minority here, but I can't see how any of the described behaviors is better than having an on/off button.
If the Air had lacked the facial recognition, phone as a key, automatic profile recognition and had an on/off switch, would that have materially affected your decision to buy the car?
 
I have passive lock off. My car still locks itself after a period of time.
 
When it "locks itself" does it fold the mirrors in? Also try approaching without FOB or phone and press a door handle in.
If unlocked the handles should present and you should be able to drive by entering the PIN.

And yes I'd prefer an on/off switch. I do not like the HVAC coming on when I retrieve something I forgot in the car. Especially when it is not plugged in and temperatures are single digits.
 
unless lucid made some cars lock and some not there is misinformation here due to _________
 
When it "locks itself" does it fold the mirrors in? Also try approaching without FOB or phone and press a door handle in.
If unlocked the handles should present and you should be able to drive by entering the PIN.
The mirrors don't fold. The car is locked. Pressing the door handles does not unlock the car, and the door handles stay recessed. Eventually they return to the flush position, but I don't know how long that takes because I never stand around long enough to see it happen. There are several of us here who experience the exact same kind of behavior. And there are several more that think we are wrong about this and that the car somehow stays unlocked.
 
Back
Top