My car won't turn off...

When it "locks itself" does it fold the mirrors in? Also try approaching without FOB or phone and press a door handle in.
If unlocked the handles should present and you should be able to drive by entering the PIN.

And yes I'd prefer an on/off switch. I do not like the HVAC coming on when I retrieve something I forgot in the car. Especially when it is not plugged in and temperatures are single digits.
Nope, mirrors don’t fold. I think it’s just staying on the whole time until something forces a time out idk. I hate this car.
 
Something is different or wrong. Mine is a 2023 Air Pure AWD, I have passive lock/unlock both turned off, if I walk away the car eventually turns off and handles retract (mirrors do not fold). I can open the car (after pressing any door handle to wake it up). I can then open frunk, trunk (using the car's screen) even drive it (after entering the PIN) without a phone or FOB.

I have done this several times when I've forgotten the FOB and was not carrying my phone.

Only thing I can think of is passive lock/unlock has not been set.
 
Something is different or wrong. Mine is a 2023 Air Pure AWD, I have passive lock/unlock both turned off, if I walk away the car eventually turns off and handles retract (mirrors do not fold). I can open the car (after pressing any door handle to wake it up). I can then open frunk, trunk (using the car's screen) even drive it (after entering the PIN) without a phone or FOB.

I have done this several times when I've forgotten the FOB and was not carrying my phone.

Only thing I can think of is passive lock/unlock has not been set.
This exactly what happens to me except the drivers side handles don’t unlock the car anymore.
 
One possible point of difference. I have passive lock off, but passive unlock on. My Air will lock on its own eventually, but won't fold the mirrors and will not respond to a press on the handles.
 
One possible point of difference. I have passive lock off, but passive unlock on. My Air will lock on its own eventually, but won't fold the mirrors and will not respond to a press on the handles.
same when i tried that. I'll report on the thread when I get the car back next month.
 
I am not sure if your problem and my problem is the same or not, but for last 6 months my keyfob was losing battery every 5 days. I called service, they asked all the normal troubleshoot questions, 'how far do you keep your keyfob' 'try removing the key from your profile and adding it again' etc. I did all of this and the problem still persisted, i got some ugly faraday cover for the fob and the problem still persisted. I finally gave up using the key fob entirely.

2 weeks ago, my mobile key stopped working as well, called service, same thing, soft reset, remove mobile key from the profile and add it again, well it wouldn't add again at all. The car wouldn't lock/unlock, i had to manually go in the app and lock/unlock the car. Mobile service came, turns out front node antenna was not communicating with whatever it had to communicate with. 😬 Supposedly there are 5 antennas in air, and if the front one goes down, all go down apparently. The front antenna was replaced, the keyfob and mobile key both work now.

For the last 6 months, i felt like a dummy thinking i don't know how to use a stupid keyfob or don't know how to change the battery because how come i have to change the battery every 5 days. I used to use Duracell, lucid engineers recommended Panasonic battery so i got Panasonic, i was ready to climb a mountain, go on a pilgrimage, if that made the keyfob work. Turns out it was the front antenna.
 
Back
Top