Must have feature for charger door!

blueice89

Lucidnaire
Reaction score
Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
Referral Code
7MET7857
Hi lucid owners you may know me from my infamous powder coat posts but here is my million dollar question/suggestion.

I hate how manual the opening of the Lucid charger door is. Tesla vehicles have a way better design on this end. You can simply use the Tesla charger plug and double click and it opens the door. And it works on any Tesla charger. Why in the hell don’t other evs have this?? If you need a visual here I taped it:

Lucid, I know you are watching this add it now or make an after market add on. If I have to press my door one more time and miss press it I will lose my effing mind…Add it nowwwwwwww

Why only Tesla? Because they built that button into their NACS charge handle, and CCS doesn't have a button. What are you expecting to push in order to make the door open?

Why only Tesla? Because they built that button into their NACS charge handle, and CCS doesn't have a button. What are you expecting to push in order to make the door open?
Is CCs not capable of a button tech ?

• Haha
Reactions: FM7
Is CCs not capable of a button tech ?
Tesla charge port has a radio frequency receiver to open its cover. It's not encrypted so any generic radio transmitter can do the job too.

If others want to do the same, it might be a good idea for all to agree on the standard. I don't know whether Tesla keeps a patent on this wireless charge port opener or not.

Tesla charge port has a radio frequency receiver to open its cover. It's not encrypted so any generic radio transmitter can do the job too.

If others want to do the same, it might be a good idea for all to agree on the standard. I don't know whether Tesla keeps a patent on this wireless charge port opener or not.
Buy a flipper zero… open every Tesla’s charge port … ??? … profit? :P

Also… you know you can just push the charger door cover in the bottom right, right? And it’ll open?

Also… you know you can just push the charger door cover in the bottom right, right? And it’ll open?
Mine never does this I have to push it with a lot of pressure and many times it’s a miss push. I barely click this transmitter and it works. Why can’t Lucid just use the same transmitter design ?

Someone develop it I will pay for it

Someone develop it I will pay for it

For Tesla, the transmitter, as shown, "portapack h3 se," costs around $300.

Then, someone needs to hook a receiver to the electrical signal wire for the charge port.

The Tesla frequency is 315 MHz in the US & 433MHZ in the UK.

The author explained:

It looks like a very minor project that any engineering student can do, but to fit that into a corporate structure would be very hard.

@borski Does the api expose the charge port door control? If so, the easier way to do this would be to tape some smart button to the charger or wall that makes the call out. Easy and much more straightforward.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't have an issue pressing the charge port door. I usually use the dashboard icon as I exit the car, but if I forget, it's easy enough to push the door.

@borski Does the api expose the charge port door control? If so, the easier way to do this would be to tape some smart button to the charger or wall that makes the call out. Easy and much more straightforward.
I imagine there must be an API cause your cell phone app has the open charge door command.
Probably @borski knows that. However for apis to work the car has to wake up so you would need command to wake up car but would be neat if could program that all into a remote attached to the charger

I imagine there must be an API cause your cell phone app has the open charge door command.
Probably @borski knows that. However for apis to work the car has to wake up so you would need command to wake up car but would be neat if could program that all into a remote attached to the charger
Yeah your second part covered what I was going to say. The car has to wake up regardless as it stands now. So not much changes there. I also think that Tesla has its cars always on so the wake up process doesn’t need to happen. Trade off is passive battery loss. No way of getting around that requirement for Lucid.

Yes, it does. You could do this for like $6 with Home Assistant and a zigbee/zwave/esp button/switch.

Mine never does this I have to push it with a lot of pressure and many times it’s a miss push. I barely click this transmitter and it works. Why can’t Lucid just use the same transmitter design ?
Then get service to fix it. The button is on the bottom right of the charger door. When it’s open, you can see the little rubber button. If you press there and it doesn’t open, call service.

The Tesla charger port door open nonsense is insecure. I can open anyone’s charger port door anywhere at any time. It’s dumb and insecure.

Hi lucid owners you may know me from my infamous powder coat posts but here is my million dollar question/suggestion.

I hate how manual the opening of the Lucid charger door is. Tesla vehicles have a way better design on this end. You can simply use the Tesla charger plug and double click and it opens the door. And it works on any Tesla charger. Why in the hell don’t other evs have this?? If you need a visual here I taped it:

Lucid, I know you are watching this add it now or make an after market add on. If I have to press my door one more time and miss press it I will lose my effing mind…Add it nowwwwwwww

So wait, it took you at least 3 double button presses of the Tesla’s charge handle to finally get it to open, and you’re complaining about pressing the charger door on the Lucid? I had a 2017 MS and often it would take multiple presses, just as you show, of the Tesla handle to get the charge door open. I don’t think it ever took me 3 presses to get the Lucid’s charge door open. Alternatively, the interior charge door release works the first time, every time. Yes, there is the incredible hardship of opening the door or hitting the button before you exit the car at a charger.

I don’t want to sound cynical, but I hope Lucid is spending their development time & money on other things. :)

...or you can simply press the little charger door in the corner and it magically opens! LOL

Back