Must have feature for charger door!

The whole powered open/close door thing is rather silly. A simple manual door would suit me fine.
+1 Faster, better, cheaper as on our other EV. Less hassle and effort to open, and it won't auto-close on you while you're struggling with the charger.

+1 Faster, better, cheaper as on our other EV. Less hassle and effort to open, and it won't auto-close on you while you're struggling with the charger.
To say nothing about snow and ice accumulating on the tracks while plugged in overnight during snow events.

For Tesla, the transmitter, as shown, "portapack h3 se," costs around $300.

Then, someone needs to hook a receiver to the electrical signal wire for the charge port.

The Tesla frequency is 315 MHz in the US & 433MHZ in the UK.

The author explained:

It looks like a very minor project that any engineering student can do, but to fit that into a corporate structure would be very hard.
A transmitter for opening charge port on a Tesla definitely costs less that $300: This problem was solved over 10 years ago by someone (@lolachampcar) on the Tesla Motor Club Forum where he made and sold a small transmitter for $20. I bought one back then and it's still sitting on top of my old Blink J1772 charger. Just changed the battery and it still works to open the charge ports on my Teslas.

Link to discussion regarding this transmitter:

Back