Multiple issues with Lucid

kae02

Verified Owner
Hi Everyone,

First of all this forum has been very helpful. Thanks to everyone. I just wanted to check if anyone else has faced the laundry list of issues I am facing and what did you do to have Lucid quickly resolve them specially when there is no service center within 100 miles? I am working with King of Prussia, PA mobile service manager, he is good, tries his best but looks like he doesn't get much help from higher ups. I am told that KoP service center is going to be functional soon but so far haven't heard back on any exact date yet.

Below are my list of issues -
  1. DC charging not working (engineering checked logs and says car is not accepting fast chargers, they need to bring the car in for further diagnosis)
  2. Parking lights not working (it has been few months now, remain unresolved)
  3. Windshield washer fluid not working (and it's not empty)
  4. Frunk misalignment (sporadic)
  5. Trunk misalignment (sporadic)
  6. Headlight misalignment (left side projects low level light than right side)
  7. Car pulls towards right in highway assist
  8. Driver side door handle squeaky . Mobile tech stated they are not sure if they can change it under warranty. When car locks/unlocks, it makes a loud rusty sound and it feels an antique)

I can live with all the issues highlighted above except inability to fast charge which essentially means I can only do local city driving which btw sucks. 1 yr of free EA charging is also going unutilized. Please advise.

No, none of those issues are normal. Be sure Lucid takes your car and only returns it with all those issues fixed.

It sounds like you need to get it into a service center to have these issues addressed. I am sure that Lucid will take care of you.

Do you guys usually call the service center directly or go via customer care? I have been reaching out to customer care for any issues and they connect with mobile service

Do you guys usually call the service center directly or go via customer care? I have been reaching out to customer care for any issues and they connect with mobile service
You can do either. If you call customer care they will probably have the service center call you to coordinate. I hear Lucid is working on a new scheduling system that will allow Customer Care, the service center, or the app schedule service. Although not yet available, it should get easier in the future.

At your stage, I'd be in contact directly with the SC.

Hi Everyone,

First of all this forum has been very helpful. Thanks to everyone. I just wanted to check if anyone else has faced the laundry list of issues I am facing and what did you do to have Lucid quickly resolve them specially when there is no service center within 100 miles? I am working with King of Prussia, PA mobile service manager, he is good, tries his best but looks like he doesn't get much help from higher ups. I am told that KoP service center is going to be functional soon but so far haven't heard back on any exact date yet.

1. DC charging not working (engineering checked logs and says car is not accepting fast chargers, they need to bring the car in for further diagnosis)
  8. Driver side door handle squeaky . Mobile tech stated they are not sure if they can change it under warranty. When car locks/unlocks, it makes a loud rusty sound and it feels an antique)

I can live with all the issues highlighted above except inability to fast charge which essentially means I can only do local city driving which btw sucks. 1 yr of free EA charging is also going unutilized. Please advise.
I got my AGT in Nov of 2022. Soon (1st week), I found out my AC (L2) charging was not working. DC charging was working, but AC/L2 was not. They sent out a mobile tech and he tried to make it work. It worked once, and stopped working again.

To make a long story short, I took it back to the Service Center 1 week after the car was delivered. They said is was a faulty "Wunderbox". However, to fix the Wunderbox, they have to "drop the battery" to get at it. And it required factory techs to do that. It took 2 weeks to get the situation remedied. It has worked well after that.

Thank you folks. Closest service center is Tysons 3hr drive. I'll give them the call tomorrow

Shameless plug if you may dropping off or picking up your Lucid, hopefully the latter - we are doing our first DMV Lucid Owners meetup on March 16. Some details TBD, but here is the thread for it:

Bad news for me. Tysons service center is backed up till April and they can't take my vehicle prior to that. Asked me to reach out to King of prussia service center which is opening soon. No one picks up the phone there. Also called the one in Plainview, NY. They said they will will escalate to KOP service manager and someone should reach out soon. Let's see...

Bad news for me. Tysons service center is backed up till April and they can't take my vehicle prior to that. Asked me to reach out to King of prussia service center which is opening soon. No one picks up the phone there. Also called the one in Plainview, NY. They said they will will escalate to KOP service manager and someone should reach out soon. Let's see...
Sorry to hear that they are still that backed-up at Tysons. When I was there in early January, Kurt, the service advisor, shared that they were down at least two mechanics and that they don’t have many loaners either, so if I were to drop my car off I would be on my own for transportation. It was about 3-4 weeks lead time to get an appointment and a loaner for me back in early January. I hope that they get more help soon to service you and other owners in timely fashion since we don’t have other places we can go.

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for sharing, @kae02. I just sent you a direct message.

The newly opened KoP service center is huge and very good. This was the first time I saw SO MANY lucids at single place. It was very good to see. They took my car and just wanted to provide an update on my issues.

I used to get "charging equipment error" earlier now I get "charging error" where car initiates charging for 2 mins and then errors out. It is sporadic where more often than not, it is most likely to fail. When service center tested, they said, it's working for them but not working for me. They only maintain car logs for last 30 days so can't access history, I tried yesterday, and continues to have a problem while other cars are coming and charging without any issues. Mine charges for 2 mins and errors out. Continuing to followup with service center...
    Fixed.
    Service tech said they fixed it but still not working.
    Fixed
    sporadic but I am fine, I just need to do multiple attempts and it closes. :)
    Fixed.
    Fixed
    Fixed

On DC charging issue, I wanted to ask is it normal for our cars to begin charging for 1-2 mins and then suddenly error out? I am trying to understand is it chargeing station issue or car issue? Even multiple plugs/unplugs and trying on other chargers on station doesn't work. But when I see other cars coming in charging and leaving, that becomes frustrating. Then suddenly after hogging a station for 15-20 mins doing all plugs/unplugs, it suddenly starts charging for 30 mins, then suddenly fails again with "charging error" and false "shock and tilt alarm". When I unplug and plug again on SAME charger, it continues to go back to "charging error" and won't charge.

On DC charging issue, I wanted to ask is it normal for our cars to begin charging for 1-2 mins and then suddenly error out?
No. Never experienced that one. Sounds like you have some general issues with DCFC which hopefully your next service visit will be able to figure out.

Thank you for confirming. I'll push service tech to investigate again.
As I mentioned in an earlier reply, I had the "opposite" problem vis-a-vis, when my AGT was delivered, I was unable to charge with L2 (AC) but the car charged fine with DCFC. It was a fault in the "Wunderbox". You have the opposite problem but the root cause might still be the Wunderbox. They have to "drop the battery" to get to the Wunderbox. It took 2 weeks and they had to fly in a technician from the factory to perform the task.

Thank you for confirming. I'll push service tech to investigate again.
I just installed their HPWC and while I have no problem with fast charging the AC charging keeps dropping out every few minutes with an error message.

Being unable to fast charge can u apply lemon law rules to this? Being unable to resolve a service issue and returning the car. I’d demand a loaner and not accept the car back until issues are resolved.

Being unable to fast charge can u apply lemon law rules to this? Being unable to resolve a service issue and returning the car. I’d demand a loaner and not accept the car back until issues are resolved.
If you decide to lemon law get an attorney. My suggestion is you deal with Lucid before you go that route, because it is to your advantage not to initiate the lemon law process rather than pushing your complaints up the chain.

Back