Motortrend Track Comparison: Lucid Air Sapphire vs McLaren 750S!

xponents

Cars
Kia EV9, future Air?

The results are as predictable as watching the 2023 F1 season was, and the McLaren obviously "won." The Sapphire fared decently, although the laws of physics inevitably caught up to it! Quite frankly, I'm amazed that we are even able to compare these two cars in the first place, considering one is a beastly, ~3000 pound, carbon-shod supercar, and the other is a large luxury sedan!

Last edited:
I was just telling my girlfriend this weekend that I wish Lucid made a sporty, 2 door car that was much smaller (and impractical). With the latest battery technology, they can throw like a 70kwh battery in it and get pretty decent range yet save on a decent amount of weight. Throw 2 motors in it and call it a day. Man what a dream. I would have probably bought that instead of the Taycan. Here's to hoping for one day.

I was just telling my girlfriend this weekend that I wish Lucid made a sporty, 2 door car that was much smaller (and impractical). With the latest battery technology, they can throw like a 70kwh battery in it and get pretty decent range yet save on a decent amount of weight. Throw 2 motors in it and call it a day. Man what a dream. I would have probably bought that instead of the Taycan. Here's to hoping for one day.
It will be an Aston Martin:)

The results are as predictable as watching the 2023 F1 season was, and the McLaren obviously "won." The Sapphire fared decently, although the laws of physics inevitably caught up to it! Quite frankly, I'm amazed that we are even able to compare these two cars in the first place, considering one is a beastly, ~3000 pound, carbon-shod supercar, and the other is a large luxury sedan!
Don't we basically know from Car and Driver's VIR and 720S and Sapphire track times the outcome?

Don't we basically know from Car and Driver's VIR and 720S and Sapphire track times the outcome?
Too add, Motortrend is pretty low on credibility these days since I haven't seen a professional driver or more experienced racer do any testing for them in a while.

I've been saying this for years.

I would actually be completely fine with this
Am I the only one who thinks Aston Martin would lean more into the "GT" aspect of the car, giving it a large battery and great range for highway cruising but not making it as nimble?

Am I the only one who thinks Aston Martin would lean more into the "GT" aspect of the car, giving it a large battery and great range for highway cruising but not making it as nimble?
yes Astons have traditionally been great GT cars and not nimble sports cars

Back