MotorTrend: Air Pure

Interesting on their range estimate. Pure 11 miles short of GT range. Maybe they meant Touring, as that does not seem right. And EQS gets more than both of them?

Interesting on their range estimate. Pure 11 miles short of GT range. Maybe they meant Touring, as that does not seem right. And EQS gets more than both of them?
To note, it is the GT-P. That has something like 449(?) miles of range compared to 520..

The EQS has I believe a 107kWh battery pack, compared to Air Pure's 93kWh, and EQS is not bad efficiency wise so its not surprising it can go further than the Pure.

Last edited:
Good article, thanks for sharing. Would love to drive one, but some idiot badly crashed the Denver test Pure on a test drive. MIA.
I think they are working on getting that back into working order. I, too, would love to drive it when they do.

Good article, thanks for sharing. Would love to drive one, but some idiot badly crashed the Denver test Pure on a test drive. MIA.
I drove the Pure in Scottsdale as soon as the studio got one in for test drives and before they loaded the test drive software that limits speed. I certainly had fun and thought it was an incredible car for the money.

Better yet, we can test drive the Pure to a great deli a few miles away.
I’d be shocked if they let that car go unsupervised with any test driver again. So we’ll have to offer the sales rep a free lunch.

I was at Tysons Service Center past week. It was nice to see Pure and a Touring on display with some specs on each.

Attachments

• 20230713_130959.jpg
    20230713_130959.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 94
  • 20230713_130925.jpg
    20230713_130925.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 91
Of course, since I was there at the service center already, they let me take yet another test drive of a Pure. This time it was for a little more time on the highway than usual.
Test drives are great because it also gives you a chance to talk to enthusiastic and knowledgeable Lucid staff.

Of course, since I was there at the service center already, they let me take yet another test drive of a Pure. This time it was for a little more time on the highway than usual.
Test drives are great because it also gives you a chance to talk to enthusiastic and knowledgeable Lucid staff.
When the Lucid tour people made a stop in Boulder, they offered me a test drive. In a GT. I took them up on it, even though I had done my original test drive in a GT. Why not? Like you said, gave me a chance to chat with another knowledgable staff member. (And another opportunity to be jealous over those massage seats.)

Back