- Joined
- Jun 22, 2022
- Messages
- 239
- Reaction score
- 361
- Cars
- Honda Accord Hybrid
This past June when I brought my Lucid Air to Goose Island in Chicago the service coordinator asked me why I drove all the way up from central Illinois when the mobile van could have done it in my driveway. This week I suffered a flat tire in my driveway. Service told me to take my Lucid to a local tire shop. I said I'd be happy to pay for the mobile van to change the tire. The Chicago service person told me that the mobile van is history. They have a mobile Lucid Air that can deliver parts and do minor service, but no major work of which the van was capable. (Seems they could have swapped the van for a Gravity!) Since Lucid lacks dealers, one of its major attributes was the mobile van service. It seems to me that this is a sign that they are cutting costs wherever possible.