Mix feelings after 1 week of ownership

Cars
Lucid Air Pure
Referral Code
10M0U4OH
OK please let me start this off by saying these are MY feelings after owning my car for 1 week. I am in no way saying how anyone else should feel.

Lucid Air Pure (only option is massage seats). 18 month lease (I did this for a reason as I wanted to see how it is to live with an EV). I don't intend to purchase this car at the end of the lease.

At this point in ownership if I had to give my car a grade it would be a C+.

The one thing I thought would be bad/difficult has been AOK, and that is charging:
- Electrify America has performed as expected. I have seen a few chargers out of service but have always been able to utilize one.
- EVConnect has been great. I have one 5 mins from my house and it went very smooth.
- Tesla Destination Chargers have been very easy and work without any issues. (Stayed at a hotel it worked great)
- Lucid home charger on order and I don't expect any issues with that.

My pain points:
- VERY buggy code. Sorry but I expect more
- I have had garbled voice/audio. The fix has been to park the car, get out, and lock and unlock. Not very good when you are driving down the highway :(
- The key fobs aren't good. They work sometimes and it's not the battery. I even changed the batter after 2 days and still issues. Today it didn't open until I pressed the button. The car was locked but the mirrors wasn't folded in. Once I unlocked and locked the car back they folded in.
- Walking up to the car with my phone works sometimes.
- I have lost SiriusXM favorites.
- SiriusXM favorites don't update.
- Not being able to go to the next SiriusXM station via steering wheel.
- Only being able to access Radio, Nav, Phone vial the Glass Cockpit. Should be able to go between them via the Pilot Panel.
- No Android Audio (yes I knew this).

Things that I love:
- Good riding car, very spacious
- Very smooth. Never realized how much engine feel I have in my ICE cars.
- Range (no range anxiety up to this point)
- DC fast charging is actually fast. I haven't had to stay at a charger more than 20 mins.
- Very nice looking car.
- OTA updates. Have updated the maps and car SW without a hitch.

The good thing is with SW updates I expect these things will/can be fixed.

Fair takes. The only thing I would add is that doing a logo reset (go to the "about" section in settings and hold down the Air logo for about 10 seconds) will do a soft reboot of the car's operating system, and tends to fix a lot of the weird issues like garbled audio or the mirrors misbehaving.

Fair takes. The only thing I would add is that doing a logo reset (go to the "about" section in settings and hold down the Air logo for about 10 seconds) will do a soft reboot of the car's operating system, and tends to fix a lot of the weird issues like garbled audio or the mirrors misbehaving.
Thanks, I do plan on doing this today.

Wow! How much did you drive your car? You visited more charging stations in one week than I did in my first couple months. :)

Please do a few searches on the forum regarding your issues. There are a lot of answers for you there.

those are all valid feedback and i have experienced most of them. i cancelled my SiriusXM after my trial ended because it wouldn't sync my favorites.

the key fob is really annoying to use. it works about 70% of the time and the rest of the time I'm scrambling to press the fob without taking it out of pocket because it didn't auto unlock. I have tried the mobile key but it's less reliable so i gave up on it.

Tesla destination chargers still require an adapter, no?

OK please let me start this off by saying these are MY feelings after owning my car for 1 week. I am in no way saying how anyone else should feel.

Lucid Air Pure (only option is massage seats). 18 month lease (I did this for a reason as I wanted to see how it is to live with an EV). I don't intend to purchase this car at the end of the lease.

The one thing I thought would be bad/difficult has been AOK, and that is charging:
- Electrify America has performed as expected. I have seen a few chargers out of service but have always been able to utilize one.
- EVConnect has been great. I have one 5 mins from my house and it went very smooth.
- Tesla Destination Chargers have been very easy and work without any issues. (Stayed at a hotel it worked great)

My pain points:
- I have had garbled voice/audio. The fix has been to park the car, get out, and lock and unlock. Not very good when you are driving down the highway :(
- The key fobs aren't good. They work sometimes and it's not the battery. I even changed the batter after 2 days and still issues. Today it didn't open until I pressed the button. The car was locked but the mirrors wasn't folded in. Once I unlocked and locked the car back they folded in.
- Only being able to access Radio, Nav, Phone vial the Glass Cockpit. Should be able to go between them via the Pilot Panel.

Things that I love:
- DC fast charging is actually fast. I haven't had to stay at a charger more than 20 mins.
- Very nice looking car.

It seems like pretty much every one of your complaints can be resolved by switching to an iPhone.

Good post and right on point. I also have issues with Sirius not starting out because AT&T reception is bad in the car. I have since learned to deal with the minor radio issues. Tidal Plus service is really good for quality sound via SS pro. I do wish the car came with a satellite antenna for Sirius.

I carry my fob and iphone (which is also a key) and though it may lag a second or two, it works pretty well to open the doors with passive lock and unlock.

Good luck to you. And keep enjoying the drive!

Good post and right on point. I also have issues with Sirius not starting out because AT&T reception is bad in the car. I have since learned to deal with the minor radio issues. Tidal Plus service is really good for quality sound via SS pro. I do wish the car came with a satellite antenna for Sirius.

I carry my fob and iphone (which is also a key) and though it may lag a second or two, it works pretty well to open the doors with passive lock and unlock.

Good luck to you. And keep enjoying the drive!

So does the mobile app have to remain open in the background in order for mobile key to work?

I don’t use mobile key, I’m just curious.

So does the mobile app have to remain open in the background in order for mobile key to work?

I don’t use mobile key, I’m just curious.
Yes it does. When you close the mobile app it gives a warning to keep it open.

My pain points:

Things that I love:
- Very nice looking car.

No one should be having these issues with the fobs. Ask service to replace your fob or look at getting the antenna replaced or your CCC module.

All very valid. As you drive more, you'll find more and more of these software glitches and UI and design/build issues. I'd say you buy this car for the mechanicals, not the user experience.

Wow! How much did you drive your car? You visited more charging stations in one week than I did in my first couple months. :)

Please do a few searches on the forum regarding your issues. There are a lot of answers for you there.
I visited quite a few charging stations to learn about charging. Also I have done quite a few searches but haven't found much answers.

The fix has been to park the car, get out, and lock and unlock.
Folks, you can stop doing this. This literally does nothing, as confirmed by several people at Lucid.

Logo reset is your friend. When that fails, so long as you aren’t having a very strange and specific issue where you think sending logs to the Lucid team would be helpful, try a nuke reset. (Details on how to do these things can be found at the excellent lucidupdates.com.)

Getting out of the car is never necessary. Worse, it’s not even helpful.

I rarely see software gremlins with my car. When I do on occasion, a logo reset fixes the problem 90% of the time. Takes less than a minute.

If you are experiencing chronic issues, call service. Something hardware related could be wrong with your car.

those are all valid feedback and i have experienced most of them. i cancelled my SiriusXM after my trial ended because it wouldn't sync my favorites.

the key fob is really annoying to use. it works about 70% of the time and the rest of the time I'm scrambling to press the fob without taking it out of pocket because it didn't auto unlock. I have tried the mobile key but it's less reliable so i gave up on it.

Tesla destination chargers still require an adapter, no?
Yes they do. I purchased one and was ready to use it. But the hotel's Tesla destination chargers had them already installed so I didn't need mine.

Yes it does. When you close the mobile app it gives a warning to keep it open.
I really wish people understood better what “background” means in iOS.

Lucid doesn’t give that warning because the app needs to be constantly “running” in the background. No iOS app has the ability to constantly run in the background.

The reason they warn you not to force quit the app is that is can cause unexpected, wonky behavior. And it’s completely unnecessary. This is true for almost every app on your phone.

Force quit apps when they are misbehaving. Otherwise, leave them alone.

Quitting apps on your iPhone is like doing a logo reset every time you get out of your car.

Not an option. My wife has an iPhone and is experiencing the same mobile phone issue.
What issue is your wife experiencing? Do you have both phones on separate profiles in the car? Can you be more specific? Remember, this forum is about your owners helping other owners. It's not a place to simply leave complaints.

Folks, you can stop doing this. This literally does nothing, as confirmed by several people at Lucid.

Logo reset is your friend. When that fails, so long as you aren’t having a very strange and specific issue where you think sending logs to the Lucid team would be helpful, try a nuke reset. (Details on how to do these things can be found at the excellent lucidupdates.com.)

Getting out of the car is never necessary. Worse, it’s not even helpful.

I rarely see software gremlins with my car. When I do on occasion, a logo reset fixes the problem 90% of the time. Takes less than a minute.

If you are experiencing chronic issues, call service. Something hardware related could be wrong with your car.
I know about the logo reset now. But didn't before asking on the forum and getting out of the car, locking it, and getting back in worked.

Also both times I had the issue I was hours away from my home. I personally will not do a soft or hard reset unless I am at home in the event something happens. Pulling off the highway into a gas station and locking and unlocking is a safer way to get it back working.

What issue is your wife experiencing? Do you have both phones on separate profiles in the car? Can you be more specific? Remember, this forum is about your owners helping other owners. It's not a place to simply leave complaints.
My wife has an iPhone, I have an Android. Both of us have issue where we walk up to the car and sometimes it opens and sometimes it doesn't. Our phones was setup by the Lucid delivery guy. I will check to see if we are both in the same profiles. We also have the same problems with our key fobs.

I just did the logo reset and hopefully that solves my issues. If it doesn't I will reach out to Lucid service.

Back