Metronome

Maddraven

Cars
2022 LUCID AGT
I love driving my AGT (now that I got the trim issues sorted to tolerances acceptable to Lucid), the sound system using all of the speakers, and a NEMA 14-50 outlet so that I can charge my car at home). What a joy to drive.

Interested in hearing whether anyone else is distracted by the METRONOME-like display surrounding the numerical speed info. In the course of a single minute at highway speeds, I can toggle back-and-forth between slightly consuming power to slightly regenerating a dozen or more times. The metronome-like display is hypnotic and annoying.

Is anyone else bothered by this? (If you become bothered because now you notice when before you did not, I apologize.)

Would love to have an ability to turn this feature off or dim it below the settings of the entire panel. Hopefully future UI upgrades will build in. It seems to me this is the kind of thing that could be fixed via a software tweak.

I like it but it could be because I'm use to that type of display of consumption vs regen on another car. Doesn't bother me and I actually look at it. Takes some practice but at steady speed, you can minimize the metronome like effect or like @DeaneG wrote, use ACC when possible.

Reactions: NPN
I agree with you I find the Metronome display super annoying and I’m all for being able to dim it down, I’ve had my GT now 2 months and am very pleased by the way the car handles and I’m really looking forward to the much needed software upgrade.

I remember when my wife and I did our test drive we both loved that display much more than what we had seen in a Tesla. We thought it was much easier to tell the power and regen that was taking place as you drive, but I am wondering if there is a difference between a one-time drive and actually owning and daily driving. I’m curious if I’ll get tired of this thing going back and forth right in the middle of my line of sight. I guess I’ll find out some day whenever I get my car.

I love driving my AGT (now that I got the trim issues sorted to tolerances acceptable to Lucid), the sound system using all of the speakers, and a NEMA 14-50 outlet so that I can charge my car at home). What a joy to drive.

Interested in hearing whether anyone else is distracted by the METRONOME-like display surrounding the numerical speed info. In the course of a single minute at highway speeds, I can toggle back-and-forth between slightly consuming power to slightly regenerating a dozen or more times. The metronome-like display is hypnotic and annoying.

Is anyone else bothered by this? (If you become bothered because now you notice when before you did not, I apologize.)

Would love to have an ability to turn this feature off or dim it below the settings of the entire panel. Hopefully future UI upgrades will build in. It seems to me this is the kind of thing that could be fixed via a software tweak.
I actually like it!

I find that it provides some feedback in my driving style and I am not annoyed by it.

...I’m curious if I’ll get tired of this thing going back and forth right in the middle of my line of sight. I guess I’ll find out some day whenever I get my car.
I like it. Don't find it annoying at all.

I like it as well. But I am used to a similar display of info from Tesla. I find it useful, and not distracting.
You can make it “disappear” by adjusting your steering wheel up or down to block out the top/busiest part of the image. ; )

Very helpful, all.

I do see how it does help train me in one-pedal driving. Each trip, I seek to reduce the metronome effect. Hopefully that will get me out of the 1.8-2.2 miles/kW usage levels and up into a miles/kW range that begins with a 3 (or even a 4)!

Very helpful, all.

I do see how it does help train me in one-pedal driving. Each trip, I seek to reduce the metronome effect. Hopefully that will get me out of the 1.8-2.2 miles/kW usage levels and up into a miles/kW range that begins with a 3 (or even a 4)!
Yeah, exactly. If you’re not using “high” regen, do that. And pay attention to that metronome, as you learn to modulate the throttle to get maximum efficiency.

Once you get used to high regen one-pedal driving, you can’t go back. It’s a thing of beauty with Lucid metronome-like gauge.

Along the lines of the ACC view, with 2.12, does anyone know the trick to getting the screen back to the metronome view after using ACC/Highway Assist? It seems to stay there.

Along the lines of the ACC view, with 2.12, does anyone know the trick to getting the screen back to the metronome view after using ACC/Highway Assist? It seems to stay there.
If you turn off HA with the same button you use to turn it on it should come back.

If you turn off HA with the same button you use to turn it on it should come back.
Thought I had tried that, but I'll give it another shot. Thanks!

Thought I had tried that, but I'll give it another shot. Thanks!
Short press = toggle between metronome / ADAS view
Long press = toggle between ACC / HA mode

Once you get used to high regen one-pedal driving, you can’t go back. It’s a thing of beauty with Lucid metronome-like gauge.
I can’t quite say I’m used to high regen one-pedal driving yet (with only 250 miles on the Lucid odometer) but I can already see that, for better or worse, there is simply no going back.

I drove my Lucid to the airport in Utah yesterday and drove my 550hp Panamera turbo in Maryland today. The Lucid makes the Panamera Turbo feel sluggish In comparison !?! Unbelievable, really. Moreover, after driving with high regen, going back to coasting and using the brakes in the Panamera feels like a real step backwards.

I used to think that nothing would lever beat my Panamera Turbo for that “grand touring feel” but frankly the Lucid is in a different league. If one is focused only on driver experience, feel for road, etc, its really not fair to compare the Lucid AGT to the best of the ICE grand touring cars. The LUCID is simply better. Once the UI gets up to par, it will be the best all-around car ever.

...Moreover, after driving with high regen, going back to coasting and using the brakes in the Panamera feels like a real step backwards....
I feel like I'm wasting something valuable every time I use friction brakes. We've been an EV-only household for 1.5 years, no going back.

Short press = toggle between metronome / ADAS view
Long press = toggle between ACC / HA mode
This worked for me. I'm on 2.0.52

Back