Mercedes Charge Network

Call me cynical. But I would not be surprised if a lot of these chargers are at dealers with a smaller percentage being “out in the wild”.

I suspect that all the legacy manufacturer who are transitioning to EVs are going to build charging stations at their dealerships. This is nice way to spin it as more altruistic.

Last time I checked my local MB dealership had one station in the parking lot and it had not been in service for months. They had another inside their compound.

Mercedes' $1B effort will increase the number of charging stations in the USA by about 20%. It's helpful.

It’s 10k stations globally. In the US, Europe, China, and “other important markets”. Plan to be completed by 2030.

Mercedes has about 5K dealerships worldwide. So it sounds like more than just dealerships. So more promising than I thought.

Call me cynical. But I would not be surprised if a lot of these chargers are at dealers with a smaller percentage being “out in the wild”.

I suspect that all the legacy manufacturer who are transitioning to EVs are going to build charging stations at their dealerships. This is nice way to spin it as more altruistic.
Don't forget also to get a subsidy from the federal government.

It’s 10k stations globally. In the US, Europe, China, and “other important markets”. Plan to be completed by 2030.

Mercedes has about 5K dealerships worldwide. So it sounds like more than just dealerships. So more promising than I thought.
I believe it’s 10,000 chargers worldwide. I interpret “stations” as a location…ie may have 1 charger there, may have 20.

I believe it’s 10,000 chargers worldwide. I interpret “stations” as a location…ie may have 1 charger there, may have 20.
yeah. It does say chargers. So one station with 4 charges would count as 4? I guess we will see as they are being built.

Mercedes' $1B effort will increase the number of charging stations in the USA by about 20%. It's helpful.
Agree- at least they are making steps to do something that will improve their customers’ experience rather than just sitting around & hoping the charge operators will eventually get their acts together.

Agree- at least they are making steps to do something that will improve their customers’ experience rather than just sitting around & hoping the charge operators will eventually get their acts together.
Yea, it also allows MB to tap into that sweet government money for charging infrastructure.

"Mercedes-Benz opens its first high-power charging stations this fall, implementing its far-reaching plans to expand its global charging infrastructure. Starting in October, the first Mercedes-Benz Charging Hubs will go into operation in Atlanta (USA), Chengdu (China) and Mannheim (Germany). By the end of 2024, Mercedes-Benz aims to further expand its global charging network to over 2,000 high-power charging points. The long-term goal is to create more than 2,000 Charging Hubs with over 10,000 charging points by the end of the decade."

Lucid should let owners use the chargers they use at their stores/service centers for their test drive cars. They can dedicate just one for owners and make it on 1-hour reservation basis.

Lucid should let owners use the chargers they use at their stores/service centers for their test drive cars. They can dedicate just one for owners and make it on 1-hour reservation basis.
The Lucid chargers, at least in the Scottsdale studio, are Level II chargers, not fast chargers. So it would not help much.

The Lucid chargers, at least in the Scottsdale studio, are Level II chargers, not fast chargers. So it would not help much.
About 80 miles in 1 hour while you're shopping at the mall (where the stores usually are) is better than nothing, especially when the mall only has 3 EA chagers that are always either in use or broken :-S (Westfield Century City).

About 80 miles in 1 hour while you're shopping at the mall (where the stores usually are) is better than nothing, especially when the mall only has 3 EA chagers that are always either in use or broken :-S (Westfield Century City).
That is the max rate if you are getting 80 amps out of the EVSE. Not sure what the amp rating is on the design studio chargers.

That is the max rate if you are getting 80 amps out of the EVSE. Not sure what the amp rating is on the design studio chargers.
At the SC, they limit this to 48 amp.
I was told that it's because of the outdoor location, which I don't quite understand because EA is also out in the open.

They do, just ask!

Back