Mercedes $1200 Acceleration Boost Subscription

To each their own. I wouldn't pay $5 for FSD again at this point. I would pay $2-3k for a "dumb" cruise control that maintained a constant speed, just so I could actually take a road trip without my car phantom braking every ten minutes.
It's a safety feature to make sure you're still awake and paying attention 😂

To each their own. I wouldn't pay $5 for FSD again at this point. I would pay $2-3k for a "dumb" cruise control that maintained a constant speed, just so I could actually take a road trip without my car phantom braking every ten minutes.
You are such a hater! LoL. What version of FSD were you using? To say you wouldn’t pay $5 for FSD has to be hyperbole. Yesterday I was meeting a sales rep for dinner, put the address in Google maps and sent it to my Tesla. Then the car drove me the entire way from work to dinner door to door with zero intervention - a 19 mile trip. Merged onto and off the highway, took a left turn across oncoming traffic, everything. From there after dinner, I said “drive home” and it drove me home flawlessly. Of course I’m paying attention and ready to take over if needed but man, it works so good I can’t believe it.

I’ve never experienced phantom breaking. The closest I can relate is when going over a tall hill and can’t see over the hill it will down a little, 5-7 mph, and then once it can see it speeds up. But I’ve never been barreling down the highway and then have it slam on the brakes for no reason.

I’m really excited to see how DD Pro evolves over the next few years! With all the sensors on Lucid versus Tesla doubling down on the vision, my money is on the sensors being superior but time will tell!

Audi started this a while back also. It's the next best thing for them try and get post sale revenue

" In e-tron and e-tron Sportback Premium models, the Light Function Package provides an a la carte option for complementary lighting, including:

• Turning light: Lateral illumination when turning; triggered when the turn signal is activated
  • Dynamic cornering light: Illumination when cornering; follows steering wheel movement
  • Maneuvering light: Illuminates maneuvering area laterally in front when reversing
The Light Function Package is available for a one-time purchase of $259.99 for the lifetime of the vehicle in which it is purchased."
I wouldn't pay for that, BUT at least it's a one time purchase.

You are such a hater! LoL. What version of FSD were you using? To say you wouldn’t pay $5 for FSD has to be hyperbole. Yesterday I was meeting a sales rep for dinner, put the address in Google maps and sent it to my Tesla. Then the car drove me the entire way from work to dinner door to door with zero intervention - a 19 mile trip. Merged onto and off the highway, took a left turn across oncoming traffic, everything. From there after dinner, I said “drive home” and it drove me home flawlessly. Of course I’m paying attention and ready to take over if needed but man, it works so good I can’t believe it.

I’ve never experienced phantom breaking. The closest I can relate is when going over a tall hill and can’t see over the hill it will down a little, 5-7 mph, and then once it can see it speeds up. But I’ve never been barreling down the highway and then have it slam on the brakes for no reason.

I’m really excited to see how DD Pro evolves over the next few years! With all the sensors on Lucid versus Tesla doubling down on the vision, my money is on the sensors being superior but time will tell!
I unfortunately am not exaggerating. I only paid $6k for FSD when I got my car three years ago, luckily. And it has never been close to worth even that much to me. If anything, it's gotten worse at many things since then.

Phantom braking is so regular for me I can't even use the standard autopilot on highways. Particularly two-lane highways with overpasses, where the braking happens every few minutes. So essentially I have a road trip car that doesn't even have a useable cruise control.

I've written extensively in the past how terrible FSD is on the city streets here in Boulder. I have yet to successfully navigate to my local hardware store without having to take over several times. It constantly gets confused about which lane to be in. It accelerates without warning and then brakes to a full stop in the middle of the road nowhere near any intersection. It has steered my car into bike lanes, while cyclists are in the lane. A couple of times it attempted to turn into oncoming traffic. Auto park has identified a parking spot a total of three times in the last three years. All parallel street spots. Zero perpendicular spots in parking lots.

I have been in the "beta" since they released that program, and I have updated my car every month or so whenever a new beta update comes out. It has gotten marginally better at turning without slowing down halfway through like a scared teenager. But that's the kindest thing I can say about it.

I have a friend with a Model Y who swears he can take his car to Breckinridge and back on FSD without intervening. The one time I took that trip with him in his car he had to take over a few times. So I don't buy it. His car does seem to be much better than mine, but I think a lot of folks who are excited about FSD have selective memory about how many times it actually screws up.

Bottom line: watching over a terrible driver is far more stressful to me than just driving myself. I fully believe these things will get better over time, but meanwhile I have little interest in being a guinea pig for someone's tech project. I also think this "vision only" strategy is a massive mistake. But that's a whole other argument.

Elon with his arbitrary price increases, and now the Twitter sh!tshow, I'll pass on future Tesla's. They have all but given up on the S and the X. With all of the hardware being installed during production I, unfortunately, think we are only going to see more and more pay-wall's, feature-by-subscription. Sounds like Ryan Air charging to use the bathroom on its flights. The BIG difference is the Lucid Air GT, and EQS for that matter, are not budget entries. At this price point, nickel-and-diming should be sacrilege.

Well if sold as an option I have less angst about it but a huge problem if done after the fact. But then add in that performance claims, both initial and then with subscription “boost” had best be spot on to avoid lawsuits. As is the auto makers get some slack on exact auto performance abilities and reproducibility. Just a disappointing trend when electronics are used this way for artificial limitation.

Back