Memory seats ...

magesh

Cars
X7 M60i, AGT
Another 'basic' issue:

Wife finally drove the car, after a month of me driving & she adjusted her seat, mirrors, etc ...She returned from her errands & it was my turn to drive back home.

Car is in park & the seats are still in the same position. That's understandable. (All the more reason, when the car is in park, it needs to go to 'easy exit' profile or something like that.)
I changed it to my profile, expecting the seats to go back to their settings. Zilch.
I had to go into the pilot panel & press "restore".
Then it moved to its settings.

Is the above common for you all? Or what am I doing wrong or missing?

Another 'basic' issue:

Wife finally drove the car, after a month of me driving & she adjusted her seat, mirrors, etc ...She returned from her errands & it was my turn to drive back home.

Car is in park & the seats are still in the same position. That's understandable. (All the more reason, when the car is in park, it needs to go to 'easy exit' profile or something like that.)
I changed it to my profile, expecting the seats to go back to their settings. Zilch.

Did your profile load completely? It literally takes an extra 30 seconds after the screens are all loaded to load a different profile.

Another 'basic' issue:

Does your wife have her own profile? It sounds like maybe not. Hence, the car would not have gone back to your stored profile unless you select restore.

Yes to @hydbob & @Adnillien

Waited for 30+ seconds for my profile to load up. No love.
Yes. Wife has her own profile with her seat settings, music (FM). (It was set up @ time of delivery a month back. She used it today first time.)

Have done a reset to the car a few minutes ago & will try it out tomorrow. Maybe a glitch in 'the matrix'. A gremlin. An easter egg to squash me against the steering wheel. Who knows!!!

Yes to @hydbob & @Adnillien

Waited for 30+ seconds for my profile to load up. No love.
Yes. Wife has her own profile with her seat settings, music (FM). (It was set up @ time of delivery a month back. She used it today first time.)

Have done a reset to the car a few minutes ago & will try it out tomorrow. Maybe a glitch in 'the matrix'. A gremlin. An easter egg to squash me against the steering wheel. Who knows!!!
Profile loading is very slow but 30+ seconds should have been enough. I can't wait for an update to improve this since I can barely sit in the drivers seat after my wife's profile has been loaded.

So, the way I think I understand this works, is the profile defines the *settings* for the drive, which DreamDrive features are on, etc.

The *facial recognition* defines the seat, mirror, and steering wheel positions. If the facial recognition fails, I don't think it will load your seat settings properly, but then you can restore them from the interface quickly.

Have you set up facial recognition? I do run into this issue on occasion because my wife likes her steering wheel higher than I like mine, and I have to intentionally peer above the wheel into the camera under the dash to ensure it recognizes my face. It works 95% of the time that way, but it does take 30 annoying seconds or so.

And no, I don't think it's a good design; it should really base it off the profile, not the facial recognition. I could do without the lateral hot dog squeeze, for sure, haha.

Profile loading is very slow but 30+ seconds should have been enough. I can't wait for an update to improve this since I can barely sit in the drivers seat after my wife's profile has been loaded.
I'm just going to say that all this profile switching is user error. None of you should have ever bought the car with the idea that you were going to share it with someone else. Your best bet if you really have to do that is to buy a second one. I'm sure some of you will say that I'm a Lucid fanboy for even suggesting that the car is working as designed, but if you search your heart and are honest with yourself, you'll have to agree I'm right :).

I'm just going to say that all this profile switching is user error. None of you should have ever bought the car with the idea that you were going to share it with someone else. Your best bet if you really have to do that is to buy a second one. I'm sure some of you will say that I'm a Lucid fanboy for even suggesting that the car is working as designed, but if you search your heart and are honest with yourself, you'll have to agree I'm right :).
My dad likes to joke that I didn't buy a new car, I got a second wife 😁

I think that @Switt would agree with you.

My wife refuses to drive it. There will come a time where she will be required to out of necessity, but I think she would opt for the Volvo V60 (son's car, but he is at college) instead. The problem with having the profile set up with Facial Recognition as the driver is that I cannot really even get into the car if it is set to her seating position, real problem. I am almost a foot taller then she is and 80lbs, maybe more, heavier.

So, the way I think I understand this works, is the profile defines the *settings* for the drive, which DreamDrive features are on, etc.

The *facial recognition* defines the seat, mirror, and steering wheel positions. If the facial recognition fails, I don't think it will load your seat settings properly, but then you can restore them from the interface quickly.

Have you set up facial recognition? I do run into this issue on occasion because my wife likes her steering wheel higher than I like mine, and I have to intentionally peer above the wheel into the camera under the dash to ensure it recognizes my face. It works 95% of the time that way, but it does take 30 annoying seconds or so.

And no, I don't think it's a good design; it should really base it off the profile, not the facial recognition. I could do without the lateral hot dog squeeze, for sure, haha.
hmmmm ... Profile settings sets the mirrors, seats, music, steering, a/c .. at least that is what I remember my DA telling me.

Yes. Facial recognition is set up. But its pretty darn to squeeze into a seat that is meant for a petite woman. +1 @CLTGT

@Maverick: TBT, she had to pry the keys from my hand. Left to me, there will be only ONE setting. :cool:

I do not have facial recognition set up and it loads my seat settings just fine. (Well, there was a month there where the seat settings went bonkers but an OTA fixed that and I've never had facial recognition set up regardless.)

I do not have facial recognition set up and it loads my seat settings just fine. (Well, there was a month there where the seat settings went bonkers but an OTA fixed that and I've never had facial recognition set up regardless.)
Interesting! Then I retract my statement, and I wish I understood what the facial rec was for!

Interesting! Then I retract my statement, and I wish I understood what the facial rec was for!
Drowsy driver, pay attention to the road stuff. Also as a redundancy for profile loading.

My dad likes to joke that I didn't buy a new car, I got a second wife 😁
My wife says I didn't get a new car, I got a mistress!

Another 'basic' issue:

A simpler and easier solution. As you approach the car with your mobile key or FOB the car will "open" and change to your profile. Open the driver's door and then close it. The seat position will now change from your wife's to yours. Now get in easily

Back