Lucid Wagon Rendering

mnewber1

Cars
Air Touring
DE Number
1648516607970.png

Unofficial, but interesting thing to discuss.

Feels like the trunk/boot needs to be a full opening and not the original trunk style. The line should follow the silver roof line along the glass and it would looks pretty seamless that way imho!

I love fast wagons, but this wouldn’t work. The current design could easily have a hatch without issue, but if they extend the roofline it would need a spoiler to offset the additional length.

Every modern wagon or SUV has some form of spoiler these days, for aero efficiency. I’d definitely buy one in any form. The sad thing is, at least stateside, the tiny fraction of folks who would buy this probably wouldn’t be enough for Lucid to justify the extra development costs. 😕

It certainly would help with rear seat ingress/egress. That’s a much bigger opening.

Station wagons just don't make it for me. Too reminiscent of the 1950's!! Porsche tried it with the Sport Turismo bodies in the Panamera and the Taycan and they look horrible to me.

That's because we gave them a stupid name like station wagons instead of...estate or shooting brakes! How distinguished does Lucid Air Shooting Brake or a Lucid Air Estate sound? So much better!

I love fast wagons, but this wouldn’t work. The current design could easily have a hatch without issue, but if they extend the roofline it would need a spoiler to offset the additional length.
Unless you make it a split hatch where the lower folds down and just the glass is hinged to fold up You would have the wings of the clamshell opening still present but they would be off to the side. I agree the development would not be cost effective as people who need the space would just buy a Gravity. I’ve had two Mercedes E class wagons and loved them ( no not the AMG version unfortunately)

Unless you make it a split hatch where the lower folds down and just the glass is hinged to fold up You would have the wings of the clamshell opening still present but they would be off to the side. I agree the development would not be cost effective as people who need the space would just buy a Gravity. I’ve had two Mercedes E class wagons and loved them ( no not the AMG version unfortunately)
I had the current gen (pre-refrssh) E400 wagon and absolutely loved it, but returned it during Covid when the lease ended. The E63 wagon I had on order ended up being cancelled twice by Mercedes, first due to supply chain issues and then when they killed the V8 until 2023. Put me off MB pretty hard.

For the rear opening on the lucid, you’re right the current design would be hard to do well. I’d love to see something closer to a Taycan Cross Turismo actually.

Back