• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Lucid towed to ATL service center

gmglass

Verified Owner
Cars
DE-R Zenith Red, 21"
DE Number
Referral Code
0FS9A9RW
Well, I returned Friday night...I had performed the software upgrade remotely while away...Saturday morning routine is that I take the kids to EA station down the road, which is in Starbucks parking lot...dad gets coffee, twins get cake-pops.

Car wouldn't charge. An hour on the phone with EA, three different stations, sending 'manual' authorizations - nada. Sunday I broke out that silly mobile charging cord and plugged it in the wall. No joy.

Car is now at ATL service center. Hopefully they receive the new windshield and steering wheel as well in reasonable time. I'm not super stressed about it, but charging is a pretty important capability to have for an electric car. :rolleyes:

Well, I returned Friday night...I had performed the software upgrade remotely while away...Saturday morning routine is that I take the kids to EA station down the road, which is in Starbucks parking lot...dad gets coffee, twins get cake-pops.

Car wouldn't charge. An hour on the phone with EA, three different stations, sending 'manual' authorizations - nada. Sunday I broke out that silly mobile charging cord and plugged it in the wall. No joy.

Car is now at ATL service center. Hopefully they receive the new windshield and steering wheel as well in reasonable time. I'm not super stressed about it, but charging is a pretty important capability to have for an electric car. :rolleyes:
There was another comment in another thread where the person reset the car, and it started charging. I apologize if this was you that mentioned it... Is this something you tried?

There was another comment in another thread where the person reset the car, and it started charging. I apologize if this was you that mentioned it... Is this something you tried?
@YouAintTheHost I didn’t reset the car…it needed to go in for the windshield and steering wheel anyway, this just expedited the inevitable.

I have my car sitting in Chicago for a week (I am in DC) and it's going to take another 10 days (per Lucid) before the fix. The charging component needs to be replaced(The car only charges at EA and not at home). Hopefully I can get it back soon.

That was me, I went through the identical thing as @gmglass, spent an hour on the phone trying every charger at the EA station doing the same procedures he described. Finally I said screw it and did the turn signal reset while waiting for EA to connect me to Lucid CC (which Lucid CC said the turn signal is no longer required - makes sense why the load times for the car are slow as the car basically “resets” after the screens go dark for 60 seconds). After the reset, car charged just fine on the 150 kW - I didn’t try the 350 kW because I counted myself lucky to get this one started. On a side note, the wunderbox did boost the charging speed to 174 kW for an extended period of time!

Where is the ATL service center? I was not aware they had one here.

That was me, I went through the identical thing as @gmglass, spent an hour on the phone trying every charger at the EA station doing the same procedures he described. Finally I said screw it and did the turn signal reset while waiting for EA to connect me to Lucid CC (which Lucid CC said the turn signal is no longer required - makes sense why the load times for the car are slow as the car basically “resets” after the screens go dark for 60 seconds). After the reset, car charged just fine on the 150 kW - I didn’t try the 350 kW because I counted myself lucky to get this one started. On a side note, the wunderbox did boost the charging speed to 174 kW for an extended period of time!
The wonder box does not boost the 150 to 174. The EA 150kW chargers are capable of 175kW. The 350kW are 2 of the power stage from the 150. So many of the 350kW have issues. I started just using the 150s as I was getting 170+ most of the time. The duration that the car will pull over 170 is so short that charging times were not that much faster even when I found a 350 that would deliver over 200.

Where is the ATL service center? I was not aware they had one here.
I would like more information about the ATL service center mentioned by @gmglass and confirmed to be in Sandy Springs by @Bill55.

Is this a real Lucid service center or a local subcontractor hired by Lucid to assist with local problems? If it is a real Lucid center, why is it not listed on the website? If it is a subcontractor, how does it compare to a real Lucid service center?

The same issue with mine. It was towed twice. It is now been in the West Palm service center for over 3 weeks. They tell me it is now able to charge, but the range estimator is still 30% or more off and they can't figure out why.

I would like more information about the ATL service center mentioned by @gmglass and confirmed to be in Sandy Springs by @Bill55.

Is this a real Lucid service center or a local subcontractor hired by Lucid to assist with local problems? If it is a real Lucid center, why is it not listed on the website? If it is a subcontractor, how does it compare to a real Lucid service center?
It’s a sub contractor. My experience with them has been ok, but not nearly as good as the Costa Mesa center.

These charging issues concern me. I'm on the BMW forums too, owning an i4. The only charging issues I've ever seen are related only to defective EA chargers, not the car. I wonder if there's a common part in the Lucid charging loop that's causing this.

These charging issues concern me. I'm on the BMW forums too, owning an i4. The only charging issues I've ever seen are related only to defective EA chargers, not the car. I wonder if there's a common part in the Lucid charging loop that's causing this.
The only charger(s) that were working where I could not charge was at EA. In those cases the EA chargers were working for other EVs, but the Air would stop charging after 5-30 seconds. On the phone with EA pointing at Lucid and Lucid pointing at EA. I don't even call when I encounter that now. I'll try a couple chargers a couple times, if they won't work I drive to an alternate non EA station. Charged at EA in Ashville, NC yesterday alongside a Rivian, no issues. That particular Rivian owner said no problems with EA and had been to a number of locations.

Back