Lucid survives 4.8 earthquake!

xponents

Cars
Kia EV9, future Air?
Hope everybody is okay… there was an enormous 4.7 earthquake here in NJ. I’m abroad, so I won’t be able to see if anything happened for me, but I hope everything is fine. Did anybody from the neighboring states feel it?

Extremely rare for us, but for you California guys I’m sure 4.8 is a yawner. However the largest quake in NJ since 1884. Our house on LI shook quite significantly since the epicenter was quite shallow.

However testimony to Lucid’s first rate construction quality, not a mark on it! 🤣

A 4.8 is Definitely similar to a truck/train rolling by....🥱

enormous 4.7 earthquake

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 12.41.34 PM.png

🤔

Natural disasters, nothing to scoff at. But I'm sure your house is still standing.

Hope everybody is okay… there was an enormous 4.7 earthquake here in NJ. I’m abroad, so I won’t be able to see if anything happened for me, but I hope everything is fine. Did anybody from the neighboring states feel it?
4.7 is a large fart. Definitely not enormous.

You California guys are just so blasé about this, I knew you would be. Big doings for us, don’t be such killjoys! My house was rocking but my fob still worked! 🤣🤣🤣

House was shaking on Long Island. Coincidentally, my Lucid widget disappeared from my phone!

lol “enormous”

That’s the kind of quake I get on Twitter for and go “anyone else feel that or did I take too much of whatever @Cosmo Cruz gave me?” and go back to bed :p

(But yes, if you’ve never felt one before the first one can be jarring haha - welcome to the club!)

Californians 🙄🤣

But seriously, I never thought something like this could happen here.. thought the earthquakes were reserved for the west. Although it is technically light, I’ve seen about 3 people so far have their second floor mounted deck fall down (or things like that). A lot of people are reporting problems with their attics, too. Maybe just a product of the fact that earthquakes aren’t expected here, along with the fact we are relatively close to the center? Just really weird, as I too wouldn’t have expected much or even any damage.

The reason I am worried is that our house construction was very rushed, and it therefore suffers from as much minor build quality issues (trim, etc) as a 2018 Model 3. The house definitely won’t be falling over any time soon, but I do wonder if there are any small cracks in the drywall or trim pieces falling off. Hope for the best though.. we will be asking our neighbors to check.

Extremely rare for us, but for you California guys I’m sure 4.8 is a yawner. However the largest quake in NJ since 1884. Our house on LI shook quite significantly since the epicenter was quite shallow.

However testimony to Lucid’s first rate construction quality, not a mark on it! 🤣
In SoCal, we don't bother to lift our beers off the table for 4.8...🙃

In SoCal, we don't bother to lift our beers off the table for 4.8...🙃
You know, it’s funny what we get accustomed to. These peeps in the Midwest are all like “meh, tornados” and I’m like if I see a tornado or get a tornado warning I might just implode pre-emptively.

Meanwhile, in Iceland people literally live on top of and work less than a mile away from massive volcanos that can erupt at any time, and don’t even think twice about it - they prep, but that’s it.

Every natural disaster is scary unless it’s the one you know.

I loved the feed
Showing range here in NJ: a cereal box knocked on its side, a chair that slid from under the table, etc - all with the slogan, “We will rebuild - Jersey Strong!” Gotta love sense of humor.

Back