Lucid super thin paint, problem?

It's my car in the video and I trust the detailer's analysis. Having said that, my GT was a fairly early production run and has a somewhat unique history. Apparently, it was delivered to a customer in Texas in early May and for some reason they didn't accept it. In late June, I took delivery of the car as the first registered owner with 300 miles on the odometer. I'm not sure how the car was used before I took delivery and it's possible that it was machine polished once or twice before it was mine. Since the video, I've asked Lucid (multiple times) for any additional info on the car history, but they haven't responded. So, mine might be an anomaly, but I'm not sure.
Thanks for the insight, and I'm sorry that happened, I think you absolutely should bug Lucid about it continuously to get it looked at.

What was your end solution?

I've tried multiple times to get an answer from Lucid, not sure what more to do or what resolution to expect at this point. It appears I might be one of the few who hasn't done ceramic coasting and/or PPF. It's beginning to show. For those who are OCD about paint, especially black, I do recommend getting some sort of paint (and trim) protection. My car now has about 6500 miles on it and the most pronounced chips are on the plastic trim piece on the hood closest to the windshield. I didn't expect that but I guess it makes sense with the airflow off the hood. I might do a 8mm wrap/PPF at some point.

I've tried multiple times to get an answer from Lucid, not sure what more to do or what resolution to expect at this point. It appears I might be one of the few who hasn't done ceramic coasting and/or PPF. It's beginning to show. For those who are OCD about paint, especially black, I do recommend getting some sort of paint (and trim) protection. My car now has about 6500 miles on it and the most pronounced chips are on the plastic trim piece on the hood closest to the windshield. I didn't expect that but I guess it makes sense with the airflow off the hood. I might do a 8mm wrap/PPF at some point.
But doing ppf and paint correction now may save you the grief of bigger paint jobs later

So I mentioned the rock chip to my PPF installer and told him the owner mentioned it to me.
He told me that he needs to know the color code for the paint so he can order it.

What do I do? Call Lucid and see if they have anything? Or what do you guys recommend?
its usually on the door jamb

Back