Lucid rep leaving nasty voicemails when VIN is ready?

There is a lot missing here and as per his Twitter bio this guy tweets about stocks while trading on them. To me an extremely lame attempt at manipulating the market.

Taken at face value, Lucid needs to know in a timely manner that the customer is going to accept the car. Seems reasonable to me.

We don't know and can't verify how long this guy has been ignoring them, or anything else about this story. Also, how could he possibly not know how much the car will cost? Based on my own interactions with Lucid, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

What a BS story trying to generate FUD. At this point it's either a Dream or a GT which have no options to change the cost of the car. Also, how is knowing whether you will move forward or cancel a VIN a nasty voicemail?

I know it’s frustrating when someone spreads supposed misinformation but please do not attack this individual in their replies. It seems Len has reached out and will handle it.

I really wish somebody would leave me a "nasty" voicemail telling me my VIN has been issued. Ironically, it would be the same DA as above.

I really wish somebody would leave me a "nasty" voicemail telling me my VIN has been issued. Ironically, it would be the same DA as above.
As long as I have been asking about that VIN and when my car could be delivered, I would be insulted if Lucid said they were going to cancel my order if I didn’t call them back by the end of the day. When I returned the call, they would be getting an earful of stuff they would not want to hear, and I would be taking it up the ladder.

Taken at face value, Lucid needs to know in a timely manner that the customer is going to accept the car. Seems reasonable to me.

We don't know and can't verify how long this guy has been ignoring them, or anything else about this story. Also, how could he possibly not know how much the car will cost? Based on my own interactions with Lucid, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
There is no way he couldn't know what the car is costing. Its summarized on the order confirmation. The only thing that's missing is the taxes but doesn't take a rocket scientist to look up your counties sales tax and add it onto the order confirmation price. Won't be spot on but should be within $1K to $3K

As long as I have been asking about that VIN and when my car could be delivered, I would be insulted if Lucid said they were going to cancel my order if I didn’t call them back by the end of the day. When I returned the call, they would be getting an earful of stuff they would not want to hear, and I would be taking it up the ladder.
The key word in the VM is AGAIN. As @idiot900 stated, we don't know how many times Lucid has called and how long it's been since the initial VIN call.

What I'm wondering is if any of you that got the VIN call/email were under the impression that you needed to respond if you missed the call. I would understand the need to respond in a timely manner if this were about the payment request. I know I would respond to the VIN call with questions but if you didn't respond, what is the big deal until you get the request for payment?

There is just too much missing information to make any kind of judgement.

He sent me the voicemail, it didn't sound like he had any bad tone with it. I don't see a way to upload it as an attachments.

He sent me the voicemail, it didn't sound like he had any bad tone with it. I don't see a way to upload it as an attachments.
Did you write an article about it? Why is that guy so upset?

Did you write an article about it? Why is that guy so upset?
Not sure it is worth writing an article about it. His issue is that he wants to know the cost of the car. I mean, we know the cost, it is printed on the web site, it is shown to you when you reserve the car and it is given to you in detail when you do the order. The only thing you do not know are the final taxes, but there are website calculators for that...

So I am not sure what is missing here.

I do not think this is a story, I think it was just frustration in general with the voicemails and the waiting? I don't know. I asked him if I can share the voicemail with you all, but the transcript is correct and the sound of the voicemail was not with any attitude. It wasn't a super cheering voicemail but just a hey, we got your vin, get back to us so we can finalize and move forward or we can cancel if you don't want it... He wants it...

Here is the transcript of the voicemail, he said it is exact word for word

You should know the cost of the car, you ordered it and its all online, you can easily do your own tax calculation, and the old saying, “if you have to ask how much it costs then pick a cheaper model”; when the delivery will happen is really difficult to predict, granted, but are you taking the bus until you get the car? No? Then chill. What a jerk.

edit: Is his handle “spac guru”? well that explains it, he’s broke

At the end of the day, it's only a car. There are so many other things out there one can get energized about.
But not knowing all the nuances, I'd chalk this up to one or both involved parties having a bad day, experiencing miscommunication with unintended consequences.

For some reason, he really didn't know the price. I don't know how this is possible. I asked him to check the Lucid website and he says now he sees it there. I asked him to check his order email and in the PDF, the first page, has the price breakdown... Something is off...

For some reason, he really didn't know the price. I don't know how this is possible. I asked him to check the Lucid website and he says now he sees it there. I asked him to check his order email and in the PDF, the first page, has the price breakdown... Something is off...
Notice how many people were so easily on board the Lucid scam train too? There is no longer any critical thinking going on with the Tesla support group

Enough, already. Let's just stop here.

So to shut this down, this person confirmed with me that he did get the price of the car before getting that voicemail but he didn't check his email and didn't know Lucid emailed him the price. I don't know how that is possible, to confirm the order, Lucid shows you the price and then says finalize order.... Anyway, I had a feeling this was super off and it was...

Back