Speculation Lucid Prepares to Announce Partnership with Hyundai on Electric Motors

Hoping, Hyundai will help Lucid with the software.
Koreans are very good with that and much more advanced.

(MT Newswires) -- South Korea's HL Group, previously known as Halla Group, is set to furnish crucial components for autonomous driving to Lucid Group, an American electric vehicle (EV) producer, Pulse News reported Monday.

This move will contribute to HL Group's expansion in the North American market, the report said.
HL Klemove, a subsidiary of HL Group, achieved a considerable arrangement with Lucid Motors. This partnership entails the delivery of advanced autonomous driving solutions for Lucid's upcoming electric sports utility vehicle (SUV) model, known as Gravity, it said.

In the initial contract established between the two entities, HL Klemove will provide Lucid Motors with vital elements including the virtual engine sound system, comprehensive radar technology, and forward-facing cameras intended for the Gravity model, the report said.

The AVAS mechanism facilitates electric vehicles in emitting distinct sounds during low-speed operations, enhancing pedestrian awareness and safety, it said.

Details of the order were not revealed, although it is expected to be considerable. This expectation comes from Lucid's goal of mass-producing 50,000 units of the Gravity on an annual basis, the report said.

I’m not buying it. Hyundai just recently said they’re all in on EV’s and have been one of the more aggressive players with its EV Models. They have success with the Ionic and EVx series respectfully so it makes no sense that Genesis who is under the Hyundai/Kia umbrella would go rogue and head off to Lucid.

I think any major automaker partnering with Lucid is a pipe dream. They’d probably rather see them die then scoop up the tech in a fire sale. Partnering with them would mean they have wasted billions in engineering only to admit defeat and go elsewhere for a platform. It’s not a good look for management of those companies.

Could be wrong but don’t go betting your house on it! 😂
Genesis will be differentiated from Hyundai. But won’t they be a competitor for Lucid? Unless, it’s for a one off high end genesis model- maybe a genesis sports car, high end SUV to compete with the Bentyagas.

(MT Newswires) -- South Korea's HL Group, previously known as Halla Group, is set to furnish crucial components for autonomous driving to Lucid Group, an American electric vehicle (EV) producer, Pulse News reported Monday.

This move will contribute to HL Group's expansion in the North American market, the report said.
HL Klemove, a subsidiary of HL Group, achieved a considerable arrangement with Lucid Motors. This partnership entails the delivery of advanced autonomous driving solutions for Lucid's upcoming electric sports utility vehicle (SUV) model, known as Gravity, it said.

In the initial contract established between the two entities, HL Klemove will provide Lucid Motors with vital elements including the virtual engine sound system, comprehensive radar technology, and forward-facing cameras intended for the Gravity model, the report said.

The AVAS mechanism facilitates electric vehicles in emitting distinct sounds during low-speed operations, enhancing pedestrian awareness and safety, it said.

Details of the order were not revealed, although it is expected to be considerable. This expectation comes from Lucid's goal of mass-producing 50,000 units of the Gravity on an annual basis, the report said.
HL group is a very large supplier of 24GHz corner radar modules in the automotive industry. They have been trying to break into 77GHz corner and forward radar modules also. Many many automakers use the 24GHz for corner radar and 77GHz for forward. The Air uses 77GHz for both corner and and forward and I hope that this continues for the better resolution possible with 77GHz. I wonder if HL wil be supplying corner radar for Gravity.

Genesis will be differentiated from Hyundai. But won’t they be a competitor for Lucid? Unless, it’s for a one off high end genesis model- maybe a genesis sports car, high end SUV to compete with the Bentyagas.
Apparently it is, for their new supercar (which was previewed by the X, Speedium, and most recently the Gran Berlinetta). At least in the near future, this will not compete with Lucid (although I would like to see a dedicated Lucid supercar by the end of the decade).

From this post it appears that a trade might be in order. In school they teach the concept of a win/win. This sounds like it could be something like that with each side getting something it wanted but still being very, very different.

From this post it appears that a trade might be in order. In school they teach the concept of a win/win. This sounds like it could be something like that with each side getting something it wanted but still being very, very different.
But what would Lucid get (other than money)?

Here is a different translation from by Apple Safari....

Hyundai Motor's mass production of 'X Convertible' is visible···The possibility of mass production in 2026

Start of electric motor development - It takes 4 years to mass-produced

The Genesis X Convertible. /Photo=Hyundai Motor

[Sisa Journale=Reporter Jeong Yong-seok] U.S. electric vehicle company Lucid signed a business partnership to provide powertrain and battery-related technology to British luxury sports car brand Aston Martin in June last year. Eston Martin pays Lucid a whopping 300 billion won in stock and cash for three years of technology. That's as much as 10% of Eston Martin's electrification strategy budget (£2 billion). It is evaluated that cooperation with Lucid, which has a high-performance twin-motor drive, was urgently needed to produce ultra-high-speed electric vehicles.

In the midst of this, Hyundai is also known to be interested in Lucid's high-performance electric motors. According to the industry on the 27th, Hyundai Motor's CEO Jang Jae-hoon visited the headquarters of Lucid in California earlier this year.

An industry official familiar with Hyundai Motor's trends said, "President Jang sent a photo taken with Luke Donker Volke, Chief Creative Officer (CCO) of Hyundai Motor Company, and Lucid's official, and reported the business trip to Hyundai Motor Group Chairman Chung Eui-sun. It was a place for the two companies to discuss cooperation related to electric motors."

As Hyundai Motor Group plans to launch a sports car for the premium brand Genesis, it is interpreted as an attempt to join hands with the Lucid side for a high-performance electric motor. Genesis has plans to launch all models as electric vehicles by 2025. As it is a premium brand, it is evaluated that high-performance sports car models based on electric vehicles are also needed.

An electric motor mounted on a Lucid Air Sapphire. Photo = Lucid

Combining the coverage of this paper, Hyundai Motor has started to develop Genesis sports cars, such as recruiting in-house development personnel. The domestic No. 1 open car is expected to be based on the Genesis X (X) convertible. The 'launch of the Genesis sports car' was confirmed as Donker Volke CCO revealed its plans for mass production of open cars at the Genesis Dealer Annual Meeting in the United States early last year.

According to the industry, the unit price of the electric motor produced by Lucid is 5 million won per unit. The price is also the price, but the problem is that it takes at least 4 years from the start of development of high-performance electric motors to mass production.

There are rumors that the Genesis sports car will be produced in small quantities in 2026. It is analyzed that time is running out to develop a new high-performance electric motor in more than two years. Considering the development period of the new electric motor, it is evaluated that Hyundai's application of Lucid's high-performance electric motor is relatively efficient in terms of time and cost.

The motors for electric vehicles produced by Lucid are rated as one of the most power-dense products in the world. Lucid's twin motor air has emerged in the luxury electric vehicle market, which features long-distance driving and high-performance specs. Aston Martin, which has established a partnership with Lucid, is expected to equip Lucid's twin motors in future electric vehicles to be mass-produced.

The Genesis Independent Exhibition Center operating in New Jersey, USA. / Photo=Genesys U.S. Corporation

It is said that the two companies are currently going through a coordination phase regarding the details of the contract, such as the price of the electric motor and the applicable model. However, Hyundai Motor said, "I can't confirm it" in this regard.

The industry believes that the combination of needs between the two companies is likely to go smoothly. Lucid plans to abandon the 'premium electric vehicle' brand that it has maintained for a long time, and consider the vehicle development cycle (3 years and 6 months) to introduce an electric car worth $50,000 (65 million won) as early as 2025.

The competition for low-cost electric vehicles is intensifying due to the current situation of electric vehicles (temporary demand), so it is judged that the market situation is not good to carry out the strategy of selling only high-performance vehicles. If Lucid is provided with technical cooperation related to Hyundai's electric vehicle platform 'E-GMP', it is expected to shorten the development cycle and cost.

Copyright © Current Affairs Journal e Unauthorized reproduction and redistribution prohibited

Keywords #Hyundai Motor #Hyundai Motor Group #genesis #Sportscar #X Convertible #Lucid #Electric Motor #Motor

Another article appeared today, basically recycling rumors/reports that Hyundai and Lucid are near to inking a deal for EV motors. What caught my eye, though, was the Genesis convertible for which the Lucid motors might be used. I had somehow completely missed the reveal of this design. Wowza, what a looker!

Another article appeared today, basically recycling rumors/reports that Hyundai and Lucid are near to inking a deal for EV motors. What caught my eye, though, was the Genesis convertible for which the Lucid motors might be used. I had somehow completely missed the reveal of this design. Wowza, what a looker!

Yup, that concept has been out for a while and has garnered almost universal acclaim. That double line philosophy in the headlights is a show-stopper, and their "grill" isnt as egregious as some of their competitors. The Koreans are really stepping up their designs! Sadly though, it looks to be expensive, almost like a Bentley fighter. Also, Genesis dealers are currently garbage (since they are shared with Hyundai dealers). This is one of the things that stopped us from shopping the G90 and GV80 further.

Also, why was this forum quoted by them? The post they quote also can't be found.. interesting. It seems that Autoblog is one source that tracks this forum regularly, as there is no way they could have found this thread otherwise.

Also, why was this forum quoted by them?

Posts from this forum routinely show up in Google searches. I suspect a lot of bloggers use this forum as a source, as there is quite a bit of interesting information on it that is sometimes hard to find elsewhere.

I just googled "Lucid Gravity", and this came up:

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 9.30.17 AM.png

Posts from this forum routinely show up in Google searches. I suspect a lot of bloggers use this forum as a source, as there is quite a bit of interesting information on it that is sometimes hard to find elsewhere.

I just googled "Lucid Gravity", and this came up:

View attachment 20975
I do think you may be correct. I searched up "Lucid hyundai" and our forum was the third result. When I searched up "Lucid Gravity," our forum was not seen at all and was lumped into the "discussions and forums" section along with Reddit posts. Nevertheless, I still do think it is weird they reference our forum as basically all we did was corral all the information together. Take it from the source (which is in this thread), not the messenger!

The stock has skyrocketed today by an amazing 1.5¢ in anticipation of the partnership!
Does that mean it’s going to drop quite a bit when people realize that it’s just a rumor?

Back