Lucid out of the list for Supercharge spring 2024 release

erivaldoff

Cars
Air Pure
IMG_4090.jpeg

So the two options on the Tesla App apparently are:

"Superchargers open for other EVs" - "This Supercharger is Open to Tesla and Other EVs with CCS compatibility" (for the non-Blessed/Magic Dock Superchargers).
"Superchargers open for NACS" - "This Supercharger is Open to Tesla and NACS Enabled Vehicles with CCS" (for the "Blessed" car companies with the adapters)

There are several of the (useless) NACS-enabled ones in VT, NH, and ME, but only one (useful) in Maine (Rockland), which is a Magic Dock.

Still living in an EV Desert.

genuinely a little confused about verbiage around all of this...for "superchargers open for other EV's" couldnt we use those??

genuinely a little confused about verbiage around all of this...for "superchargers open for other EV's" couldnt we use those??
Yes. It's a "Magic Dock" with a built-in NACS to CCS1 adapter waiting for your Lucid since last year.

The issue is, most likely, it's used to satisfy the NEVI subsidies requirement of at least 4 CCS1 per station. Thus, there won't be enough of those to be practical.

So the two options on the Tesla App apparently are:

"Superchargers open for other EVs" - "This Supercharger is Open to Tesla and Other EVs with CCS compatibility" (for the non-Blessed/Magic Dock Superchargers).
"Superchargers open for NACS" - "This Supercharger is Open to Tesla and NACS Enabled Vehicles with CCS" (for the "Blessed" car companies with the adapters)

There are several of the (useless) NACS-enabled ones in VT, NH, and ME, but only one (useful) in Maine (Rockland), which is a Magic Dock.

Still living in an EV Desert.
^ and as I understand it, the 'magic doc' only provides 50kW max if you are using it with Lucid. Getting Bolt charging speeds doesn't appeal at all!

^ and as I understand it, the 'magic doc' only provides 50kW max if you are using it with Lucid. Getting Bolt charging speeds doesn't appeal at all!
Sadly the 50kw limit is from the car converting 400V to 800V. Right now all superchargers are 400V, so magic doc or NACS won't make a difference in charging speed.
Even if next year all Lucids have NACS, they'll still charge at max 50kw on most if not all superchargers

The word "Magic" bothers me a bit.
Does that mean I need a certain incantation to use it? I'm not good with spells, If I were, I'd be a billionaire by now.

Sadly the 50kw limit is from the car converting 400V to 800V. Right now all superchargers are 400V, so magic doc or NACS won't make a difference in charging speed.
Even if next year all Lucids have NACS, they'll still charge at max 50kw on most if not all superchargers
If next year all Lucids have NACS, surely the wonderbox will get an upgrade to do the conversion right. They wouldn't just put a new piece of plastic in there and call it good. We'll see what happens with Gravity, but I don't imagine Lucid is going to launch a barely functional NACS.

If next year all Lucids have NACS, surely the wonderbox will get an upgrade to do the conversion right. They wouldn't just put a new piece of plastic in there and call it good. We'll see what happens with Gravity, but I don't imagine Lucid is going to launch a barely functional NACS.
Crossing fingers, I wonder if Tesla is also going to go 800v. The cybertruck is 800v and I believe it can charge faster if plugged to a 800v though it can still charge 250kw on a 400v charger.
Also EA is going to switch to NACS too, so the 800V availability will be there.IMO iIt's still possible that Lucid sticks with the 50kw converter, but that's just speculation:)

Crossing fingers, I wonder if Tesla is also going to go 800v. The cybertruck is 800v and I believe it can charge faster if plugged to a 800v though it can still charge 250kw on a 400v charger.
Also EA is going to switch to NACS too, so the 800V availability will be there.IMO iIt's still possible that Lucid sticks with the 50kw converter, but that's just speculation:)
The problem Cybertrucks are having is being 'stuck' at 50kW charging too on their own Tesla chargers (which is a heck of an insult if you ask me!) So right now I'm not very confident about Tesla charging and perhaps that is why Lucid said they would wait until 2025-- perhaps hoping Tesla will finally have plenty of 800V chargers online by then!

Seriously, the ego doesn't make sense in many cases.

Literally denying Peter Rawlinson ever worked at Tesla for example when there's literally videos of him on YouTube when he worked for Tesla lmao

After Musk claimed Rawlinson was nothing but an inconsequential chassis engineer at Tesla who had little to do with the Model S, "InsideEVs" located the archived press release that Tesla issued in April 2010 announcing that Rawlinson was joining Tesla as the Chief Engineer on the Model S and specifically mentioned he would be responsible for bringing the car to production.

Then in 2011, it was Rawlinson on the podium at the Los Angeles Auto Show unveiling the car to the public. "Car & Driver" and "Motor Trend" both interviewed him there, identifying him as the Chief Engineer of the car.

^ The ultimate ego maniac AND perhaps even a sociopath?
I mean, I dunno about that. Theres some aspects that I admire (confidence, even if its misguided, SOMETIMES willing to support his team like sleeping on the factory floor, starting some very influential companies such as spacex/tesla, both of which set a standard in their respective fields , etc). However, he goes way overboard on these aspects and most of his other aspects are very undesirable. His recent actions/companies have also been terrible, such as the Boring Company and their lack of progress. If you asked me before 2016, I'd probably say hes a genius.

Back