Lucid Mobile Tire service

ncodec

Reaction score
Cars
Grand air
Hey everyone, I was wondering about Lucid's tire service.

I asked about it while discussing another car issue, and they connected me with a local technician to schedule it. The tech mentioned that he does tire rotations at your home but doesn't have the equipment to balance the tires.

He quoted around $65 for the service, plus local taxes.

Now, I have a few questions:

1) Has anyone used this service? Are there any downsides that I should be aware of?
-- From a January Thread, I saw they have posts that "levitate the car."

2) Where do you usually go to get your tires balanced?

3) Do you have any recommendations for other maintenance tasks around the 40k mark?

I'm considering the tire rotation, but have you taken your tires elsewhere for a proper rotation and balance? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Hey everyone, I was wondering about Lucid's tire service.

I asked about it while discussing another car issue, and they connected me with a local technician to schedule it. The tech mentioned that he does tire rotations at your home but doesn't have the equipment to balance the tires.

He quoted around $65 for the service, plus local taxes.

Now, I have a few questions:

1) Has anyone used this service? Are there any downsides that I should be aware of?
-- From a January Thread, I saw they have posts that "levitate the car."

2) Where do you usually go to get your tires balanced?

3) Do you have any recommendations for other maintenance tasks around the 40k mark?

I'm considering the tire rotation, but have you taken your tires elsewhere for a proper rotation and balance? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
I use Costco to rotate and balance my tires on our Tesla and will probably use them for my Air as well. Any tire shop should be able to do it; most shops that have issues or worries about working on an EV will tell you. The issues you are asking about are pretty much standard for all cars; however, lifting the cars is the issue; they need additional equipment for lifting correctly. That is the question you should ask, can they properly lift your car due to its unique design safely, i.e. battery etc. Additionally, if you take your car in to a Lucid service center or use the mobile service, as a courtesy they inspect your tires and will let you know if any service is required; rotation, etc.

Back