Lucid Layoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is process of necessary evil. Company must find long term path to profitability.

Bummer. It seems that both the local techs in Denver were laid off and techs are flying from Seattle to service
Has anyone heard whether the techs who do mobile service are impacted? I hope not since I’ve dealt with a super great tech who serviced my car in my garage at home about 2 weeks ago. Did a great job, very personable and helpful. Hope he’s safe.

I think Houston Service Center staff are top notch for small staff to deliver a bunch of Air and with great service in such a vast region to cover for Texas and neighboring states. Kudo to everyone there and please keep them intact!

There are always two sides of every coin. It is sad to let go of arduous employees who help started this company. But this layoff imo should have been done a lot sooner. This forum has demonstrated time and time again that the communication to reservation holders is always very lacking which led to frustration and bad publicity and the issue was never really corrected. Marketing is insufficient to boost brand recognition with merely social media postings and serious highly expensive retail gallery. Yet there is still ZERO simple loyalty and referral program devised for the ardent early adopters/aficionados in this forum who can be brand’s great ambassadors. Procrastination of getting Pure trim out of door is also the most questionable execution. Having to insert initiative of Sapphire, Performance trim and stealth option are just creating distractions rather than get the most popular and most attainable trim out of door in the fastest path to let people see this car on the streets. There will always be people who can afford AGT or even higher trims, but so what if people don’t know the brand even exists.

I love my AGT, but also sadden by the fact I cannot see enough of this car on the streets even after a year of ownership. Yes, there is definitely a demand issue, but it’s combination of series of executions led to this point aside the obvious weakened economy by Fed interest rates and malicious Tesla price drop squeeze.

I hope this lay off is the start of wake up call for business adaptation for survival, and not just be monotone of “efficiency”, but rather get the most affordable PURE trim out of door ASAP. I love this car and want to see this company last and thrive, so get this beautiful product to as many hands as possible. Elevating presence on the street beats having 30 secs of Oscar commercial imo. Lots of emotion reading Lucid news for today and I’m done being Karen for now.

Last edited:
From what I was told today (My car is currently at the garage where Lucid has been doing all its Colorado service) it is true that both techs assigned here have been let go. And they are bringing in other techs in the meantime temporarily from Seattle to handle any cars currently in the queue. No word yet on what the long term plan is, but for now, these "flown in" techs will be working out of the same space as always in Englewood. That facility has not been shut down or let go.

My guess is another tech will eventually be permanently assigned here. There are enough cars in Colorado in need of service that Lucid cannot afford to not have someone here long-term. It's already inconvenient for folks who aren't necessarily in the Denver Metro area.

How long it takes to move someone here permanently is anyone's guess. In the meantime, it appears the Seattle techs will be taking turns spending some time in Colorado a week or two at a time.

Every day my car is in Englewood, it's costing Lucid money. So they have a pretty strong interest in getting cars fixed up and back into the hands of customers as soon as possible. So I'm hoping they are planning on reworking their systems to be able to turn these situations around faster.
So, urioys…what happened to your car?

I think Houston Service Center staff are top notch for small staff to deliver a bunch of Air and with great service in such a vast region to cover for Texas and neighboring states. Kudo to everyone there and please keep them intact!

There are always two sides of every coin. It is sad to let go of arduous employees who help started this company. But this layoff imo should have been done a lot sooner. This forum has demonstrated time and time again that the communication to reservation holders is always very lacking which led to frustration and bad publicity and the issue was never really corrected. Marketing is insufficient to boost brand recognition with merely social media postings and serious highly expensive retail gallery. Yet there is still ZERO simple loyalty and referral program devised for the ardent early adopters/aficionados in this forum who can be brand’s great ambassadors. Procrastination of getting Pure trim out of door is also the most questionable execution. Having to insert initiative of Sapphire, Performance trim and stealth option are just creating distractions rather than get the most popular and most attainable trim out of door in the fastest path to let people see this car on the streets. There will always be people who can afford AGT or even higher trims, but so what if people don’t know the brand even exists.

I love my AGT, but also sadden by the fact I cannot see enough of this car on the streets even after a year of ownership. Yes, there is definitely a demand issue, but it’s combination of series of executions led to this point aside the obvious weakened economy by Fed interest rates and malicious Tesla price drop squeeze.

I hope this lay off is the start of wake up call for business adaptation for survival, and not just be monotone of “efficiency”, but rather get the most affordable PURE trim out of door ASAP. I love this car and want to see this company last and thrive, so get this beautiful product to as many hands as possible. Elevating presence on the street beats having 30 secs of Oscar commercial imo. Lots of emotion reading Lucid news for today and I’m done being Karen for now.
I hope that this round of layoffs gives Lucid cover to include some upper management who can’t seem to figure out the issues that you have outlined. The lack of demand has a lot to do with a lack of brand awareness. There are a lot of brilliant and talented people who know exactly how to fix this problem. I hope we start seeing more of these people soon.

I know this is not a subject that most want to discuss here, but nonetheless I think it's important, especially for owners and those that have cars on order.

In a scenario nobody hopes occurs and many don't expect to occur, what happens if Lucid doesn't survive? How do cars get serviced? This is obviously a real concern for owners as well as prospective owners. I've never owned a car where such a scenario has occurred, so these are uncharted waters. I'm not even greatly concerned about resale value, but rather keeping an orphaned car on the road.

I'm just trying to get a feel for what people think.

In the event they go under, which I highly doubt and think you are letting the layoff get way too far into your head.

1. Buy another Lucid air as a parts car.
2. Drive second air when first air is down.
3. Get real chummy with the local service tech so when both cars go down they can swap parts around till one works.

From what I was told today (My car is currently at the garage where Lucid has been doing all its Colorado service) it is true that both techs assigned here have been let go. And they are bringing in other techs in the meantime temporarily from Seattle to handle any cars currently in the queue. No word yet on what the long term plan is, but for now, these "flown in" techs will be working out of the same space as always in Englewood. That facility has not been shut down or let go.

My guess is another tech will eventually be permanently assigned here. There are enough cars in Colorado in need of service that Lucid cannot afford to not have someone here long-term. It's already inconvenient for folks who aren't necessarily in the Denver Metro area.

How long it takes to move someone here permanently is anyone's guess. In the meantime, it appears the Seattle techs will be taking turns spending some time in Colorado a week or two at a time.

Every day my car is in Englewood, it's costing Lucid money. So they have a pretty strong interest in getting cars fixed up and back into the hands of customers as soon as possible. So I'm hoping they are planning on reworking their systems to be able to turn these situations around faster.
Lovely.

So, urioys…what happened to your car?
There was one particularly cold day here where my frunk was temporarily frozen shut. When I managed to pry it open, a piece of the foam that acts as a cushion where the hood scoops are dislodged. I was able to get it to stick back on, but I thought I should have them put new foam there, because it was clearly loose and would likely fall off again eventually.

Since I was taking it in for that, I also wanted them to take a look at my rear deck creaking, which I had solved with some Bobby foam, but I figured they should fix it properly if possible.

Perhaps Lucid needs to consider *all* employees from the very top down when it comes to layoffs. I realize Peter is sacred to most members of this forum, but perhaps he is a better engineer than administrator? I get the feeling that some of Lucid's management issues are not fully addressed.
On a separate, but parallel thread, my sales associate, Oliver, is the best there is. Even after I received my Touring he has stuck with me answering questions and solving issues. I really hope he survives these layoffs. On the opposite extreme, my delivery advisor ghosted me the minute I drove away in the car. I have sent her three emails to which she has not responded.
I feel extremely distressed for those Lucid employees losing their jobs, but they are by no means alone. The Stellantis plant in Belvedere, Illinois that manufactured a less popular model of Jeep just indefinitely laid off 1,350 workers through no fault of their own. That's a big segment of the Rockford, Illinois economy.

Perhaps Lucid needs to consider *all* employees from the very top down when it comes to layoffs. I realize Peter is sacred to most members of this forum, but perhaps he is a better engineer than administrator? I get the feeling that some of Lucid's management issues are not fully addressed.
On a separate, but parallel thread, my sales associate, Oliver, is the best there is. Even after I received my Touring he has stuck with me answering questions and solving issues. I really hope he survives these layoffs. On the opposite extreme, my delivery advisor ghosted me the minute I drove away in the car. I have sent her three emails to which she has not responded.
I feel extremely distressed for those Lucid employees losing their jobs, but they are by no means alone. The Stellantis plant in Belvedere, Illinois that manufactured a less popular model of Jeep just indefinitely laid off 1,350 workers through no fault of their own. That's a big segment of the Rockford, Illinois economy.
Well, my polite reminder about the guidelines has failed. The moderators were hoping this thread could stay factual and help us as owners and enthusiasts understand how the layoffs affect us. Until we have more information, let’s refrain from unsubstantiated opinions, accusations, and blame. I am now locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back