Lucid Gravity update 3.3.5 + fob update

Well the good news is key fob works flawlessly now. Bad news is it broke my cameras, left turn signal cam got stuck on, all other cameras quit including backup camera and I’m trying to take my kid to this Halloween parade and it’s hard to find parking and I have no cameras to park with. I’m pulled over on the side of the road to see if reboot works. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
How did you park before cars had 50 cameras?
 
Since this update “might not” do much without a fob update, it might be best to not install, make service appointment first, and then update software the day before your appointment. I would be especially inclined to take this approach if I was not currently having many fob issues.
It got rid of my black screens and I don’t seem to be getting anymore false errors of any kind, and it remembers my settings now like dynamic lighting, in spite of not having the latest fob firmware update yet, so I’d say go for it but do a long reboot after installing!
 
How did you park before cars had 50 cameras?
It’s funny cuz yeah I would just turn my head when I parallel park. I did do that with the Gravity when all cameras failed, but it was not easy because I really couldn’t see how close the back end was to small car behind me.
 
It got rid of my black screens and I don’t seem to be getting anymore false errors of any kind, and it remembers my settings now like dynamic lighting, in spite of not having the latest fob firmware update yet, so I’d say go for it but do a long reboot after installing!
So strange. I hadn’t gotten black screens in a while and then got them with 3.3.5 this morning and it still doesn’t remember my light color. Who knows. I am not judging anything until I can get my fob update as that seems to be the only focus for 3.3.5
 
I upgraded last night, and I’ve done around 30 miles today. The first 20 were great, no problems.

And as it just so happens, I took the car out for a drive with the family, and the remote unlock (pressing the Unlock button from a distance) did not work. The sound system also stopped working.

Jfc.
 
Last edited:
I hope this fixes all of the issues that make the Gravity a nearly unviable car right now. I have gotten black screens several times now and having to walk away from your car for several minutes to be able to drive it is a bit ridiculous. I was in a parking lot and someone was waiting to take my spot but I had to act like I was getting out of my car to take a phone call since I couldn’t move the car at all.

That and my backup and surround cameras not working at all are really annoying. I’ll deal with the other QOL software glitches until they’re fixed. But not being able to reliably get into my car and drive somewhere is really annoying.

Also, anyone else getting the inability to shift into Reverse only? I’ve had that happen three times now. I can shift into drive and Neutral but it won’t shift into Reverse without several tries (around 15 - 20). I’m now forced to back into parking spaces because of it, which isn’t great because I have no parking assist cameras anymore.
Steering wheel reboot usually addresses the parking cams issue… hold brake, and both lower left steering wheel buttons for long enoughto have status message on left that says release to reboot. Give it a few mins… should be fine
 
Yes. That’s my concern too. I’ve only had mine for a month (1 week in service) and it’s annoying. I tend to keep my timing pretty tight on stuff, so when I get into my car I need to start going right then. Having to get out of the car and wander around out of range of the car to hope it comes back to life is very annoying. The lack of backup cameras and blind-spot cameras is super annoying when I also have trouble shifting the car into reverse. My car has the normal array of problems we’re seeing as well as some unique ones. It’ll likely have to go back into Service but for right now I’m going to drive it for a bit.
Have you tried rebooting FOB? Seems to work… I have never had to walk away from car to get it going… FOB reboot for the awkward half win.
 
Have you tried rebooting FOB? Seems to work… I have never had to walk away from car to get it going… FOB reboot for the awkward half win.
For me, the walk away and the fob reboot solve different issues. Today, fob worked fine to open car, I didn’t get any warning in car, it just wouldn’t shift and had some black screens. Walk away is what worked.

When fob won’t open car, that’s when fob reset works (for me).
 
PSA for those who need fob update. Call your SC first. Mine won’t do it by just stopping in. I called SC to confirm I could just stop in. SC had NO IDEA what I was talking about. No idea what update I was referring to, etc. Then told me that was only if I had fob issues. I explained I just got “key not detected” this morning, but fob update is supposed to be for everyone. I had to READ them the release notes to get them to understand. Was then told manager said to address with mobile service and mobile service will call me in a day or two.

Maddening. Feel terrible for SC as they clearly aren’t getting any communication but it’s also a very poor experience for me as an owner new to the brand. Thankfully i can do the fob reset or use keycards, but come on….do better.
 
3.3.5 seemed pretty good for me over the weekend.

I'm finally over my flu so I'm back in the bike for my commute, which means much less time driving the Gravity. As much fun as it was for almost two weeks, I'm happy to be back on the bike. No black screens, no key not detected, pedal and go. Although do have to check tire pressure every day. Guess nothing is perfect. 😄
 
3.3.5 seemed pretty good for me over the weekend.

I'm finally over my flu so I'm back in the bike for my commute, which means much less time driving the Gravity. As much fun as it was for almost two weeks, I'm happy to be back on the bike. No black screens, no key not detected, pedal and go. Although do have to check tire pressure every day. Guess nothing is perfect. 😄
Although a Drive Unit failure would be considered a medical condition if it happens 😂
 
3.3.5 seemed pretty good for me over the weekend.

I'm finally over my flu so I'm back in the bike for my commute, which means much less time driving the Gravity. As much fun as it was for almost two weeks, I'm happy to be back on the bike. No black screens, no key not detected, pedal and go. Although do have to check tire pressure every day. Guess nothing is perfect. 😄
Ya, another bike commuter! Put more miles on my bike than either of my cars last year. The Gravity is supposed to replace this 1993 Ford Explorer for transporting our tandem:
IMG_1616.webp

Still haven't done a test fit in the Gravity. Probably should before production starts! Doesn't fit in the Rivian. I'll fab some kind of structure to mount the 'Bovine' bike rack to. Note that Ford figured out 33 years ago how to hinge a floor flap to auto-cover the folded seat gap. I'll also miss opening the window in the back door and laying a 4X8' sheet in a SUV narrower than the Gravity.
 
Please post when you get this update and discuss.
I just installed the new software update and it has done nothing to resolve the "no key detected" issue. Just got through doing the "battery reboot" thing. This has been a very frustrating experience for a brand new vehicle - not to mention tailgate issues with the taligate partially opening then closing when using the fob or manually.
 
I just installed the new software update and it has done nothing to resolve the "no key detected" issue. Just got through doing the "battery reboot" thing. This has been a very frustrating experience for a brand new vehicle - not to mention tailgate issues with the taligate partially opening then closing when using the fob or manually.
Is your battery new? (don't necessarily trust the one that came preinstalled in the fob if you just got your car). If your tailgate isn't opening and shutting correctly, it needs to be adjusted by service.
 
I just installed the new software update and it has done nothing to resolve the "no key detected" issue. Just got through doing the "battery reboot" thing. This has been a very frustrating experience for a brand new vehicle - not to mention tailgate issues with the taligate partially opening then closing when using the fob or manually.
It's unclear if you've already done it, but you'll need Lucid service to also update your fob before you know whether the problem is really resolved or not.
 
I have both the 3.3.5 and fob updates. Small sample size so far, but I haven't had any key recognition alerts in half a dozen drives. The only key-related hiccup I've had - and this could absolutely be a fluke - is that there was one instance where I was standing right in front of the driver's door and the handle didn't unlock for ~10 seconds; normally it unlocks a when I'm a few steps from the door. So far, so good...
 
I have both the 3.3.5 and fob updates. Small sample size so far, but I haven't had any key recognition alerts in half a dozen drives. The only key-lated hiccup I've had - and this could absolutely be a fluke - is that there was one instance where I was standing right in front of the driver's door and the handle didn't unlock for ~10 seconds; normally it unlocks a when I'm a few steps from the door. So far, so good...

That’s great to hear. I am getting my fob updates at this SC visit.
One thing for me - fob buttons stopped working and I realized it was out of battery! Took around 3 weeks from pickup for the drain. A quick swap and back to normal (3.3.5 but older fob firmware).
 
Back
Top