Lucid Gravity update 3.3.5 + fob update

Mobile service did the post-3.3.5 fob update for me today. They proactively reached out to me to set up the visit, which is cool. Too early to know how successful but no issues so far.

I'm also like @allenmhc where since 3.3.5 I haven't seen the infotainment black screens. Unsure if related to the update or just luck.
 
With the 3.3.5 update, I have noticed that even without the keyfob update (still waiting for their mobile tech to get back to me), the black/blank infotainment screens on bootup is happening less, and when it does happen the bootup wait is generally faster—10s or less, instead of 20–30s or just getting stuck completely and requiring a soft reboot. Of course it's all anecdotal and it's still a small sample, but if the car is improving on its wake-from-sleep I think that will stabilize a bunch of issues.
This has been our experience as well. But yes, small sample size.
 
I've now had my vehicle back from service for a couple days where they replaced the center console tray (the crushed wire issue) and applied the 3.3.5 update to the fob. No key not detected error messages since the update, and the key cards and wireless charging work again. Some folks have mentioned that, post key fob update, the vehicle seems to unlock faster. I haven't really noticed that, but I also didn't think it was particularly slow before the update. The key fob has consistently worked for each of the approximately 10 different driving stints since coming back from service. I'm still on my original key fob battery (just over a month since I took delivery). When I'm not driving or at work, I hang the key fob on a hook in our mud room so it doesn't move and wake up from being in my pocket all day. I'm guessing that helps prolong the battery life.

I may just be imagining things, but it seems like the profile switching is faster with 3.3.5. I had to switch profiles because my wife drove the car last night using the key card tied to her profile. It switched to her profile based on the key card but, when I got into it this morning, it didn't switch to my profile, which is attached to the key fob. I did use the app to remotely turn on the climate system to warm up the car in advance so maybe that caused it not to switch profiles automatically? I'll do a test later where I don't remotely turn on climate and see if it switches profiles as I would expect.
 
I've now had my vehicle back from service for a couple days where they replaced the center console tray (the crushed wire issue) and applied the 3.3.5 update to the fob. No key not detected error messages since the update, and the key cards and wireless charging work again.

Would you be able to check check if your card works?

I had the unit replaced for mine but the card NFC didn't work consistently, and then completely failed in a couple of days.
 
Would you be able to check check if your card works?

I had the unit replaced for mine but the card NFC didn't work consistently, and then completely failed in a couple of days.
Yeah, I'll keep trying those, too, and report back.

When did your console get replaced? I got the newest version where they just replaced the tray rather than the entire console. Maybe they further refined things or maybe you just got really unlucky?
 
Since 3.3.5 and the fob update, I've had the "Key not detected" error twice, both times when I was sitting in the car messing with settings. A quick shake resolved them both. I haven't had any fob-related problems with the unlocking or driving.
 
Same for keyfob not detected, not seeing this really anymore, except when I've been sitting in the car a while and haven't actually started it up, so legit key not detected and shaking the keys cleared that up. I'm heading to the SC on Saturday to get the firmware update and hope to not ever see the key not detected error or not be able to open and start my car without worry again. Going to take some time I'm sure to trust it all again and also hope that no future update undo the progress.

Also, I'm still occasionally getting the black screens, but like others mentioned, it tends to go away after 10-20 seconds, much better than the 1-5 minutes. Hopefully they can smash that bug entirely soon too. Lucid, we see you working hard and appreciate the progress! Please keep up the good work!
 
Same for keyfob not detected, not seeing this really anymore, except when I've been sitting in the car a while and haven't actually started it up, so legit key not detected and shaking the keys cleared that up. I'm heading to the SC on Saturday to get the firmware update and hope to not ever see the key not detected error or not be able to open and start my car without worry again. Going to take some time I'm sure to trust it all again and also hope that no future update undo the progress.

Also, I'm still occasionally getting the black screens, but like others mentioned, it tends to go away after 10-20 seconds, much better than the 1-5 minutes. Hopefully they can smash that bug entirely soon too. Lucid, we see you working hard and appreciate the progress! Please keep up the good work!
I’m so glad to hear the fob fix seems to finally have worked!
 
Mobile service did the post-3.3.5 fob update for me today. They proactively reached out to me to set up the visit, which is cool. Too early to know how successful but no issues so far.

I'm also like @allenmhc where since 3.3.5 I haven't seen the infotainment black screens. Unsure if related to the update or just luck.
So I haven't gotten the mobile tech to come by for the keyfob update itself, but according to an earlier post by a Lucid employee, 3.3.5 itself should improve the reliability of its systems anyway.

What I have noticed is that, by luck or by design, I've gotten more instances of the black screen than before the update (again, pretty random sample). The positive news, though, is that I've started to count the seconds until the infotainment system boots up fully—and it hasn't taken more than 10 seconds so far. In fact, if you tap the brake pedal it knows to adjust easy seat entry/exit so when the seat moves I know that the systems have successfully booted. Fun little debugging exercise.
 
It used to, but not since 3.3.2. That fixed call quality on mine.
My wife says my mike distorts the sound… switch to the phone speaker and all is well
 
I had to switch profiles because my wife drove the car last night using the key card tied to her profile. It switched to her profile based on the key card but, when I got into it this morning, it didn't switch to my profile, which is attached to the key fob. I did use the app to remotely turn on the climate system to warm up the car in advance so maybe that caused it not to switch profiles automatically? I'll do a test later where I don't remotely turn on climate and see if it switches profiles as I would expect.
Quick follow up on this - last night, I had my wife drive the car with her key card and then I drove it with the key fob *without* using the app to preheat it. The car switched profiles as I would expect. Perhaps there is a bug where it doesn’t do the profile recognition if you wake up the vehicle via the app rather than via proximity unlock key fob detection?

And yes, both key cards are still working and still no key fob not detected messages with 3.3.5 and corresponding key fob firmware update applied.
 
My wife says my mike distorts the sound… switch to the phone speaker and all is well
Same here. Every time I speak with my wife she says “I hope you don’t use that car for your work calls, you sound distorted…”. Now, she thinks I sound distorted in person too, so…😆

I usually just use an AirPod instead. I know Lucid tried to improve it with 3.3.2 and I am on 3.3.5 now, but no improvement for me yet.
 
I usually just use an AirPod instead. I know Lucid tried to improve it with 3.3.2 and I am on 3.3.5 now, but no improvement for me yet.

For work calls I’ve pretty much never relied on car audio setups.

My specific vehicle, when operational, seems to do an ok job but I use my AirPods for calls by default.
 
For work calls I’ve pretty much never relied on car audio setups.

My specific vehicle, when operational, seems to do an ok job but I use my AirPods for calls by default.
Totally agree and was going to add that. Car audio isn’t great in our Tesla or Rivian either. I always use my phone and an AirPod.
 
Totally agree and was going to add that. Car audio isn’t great in our Tesla or Rivian either. I always use my phone and an AirPod.
Gotta keep the air pods handy… wonder how the cops will deal with folks who can now wear 2 of them as hearing aids… should one carry a prescription? I will simply use 1 for now…
 
Got 3.3.5 fob update this morning. First road trip with 3.3.5 on car and fob update this evening. No random errors the whole way and fob was great the entire day. I’ve just jinxed myself, but here’s hoping it stays that way!!
 
Back
Top