Lucid Customer Service

I reached out to Ron Reyes and he remedied the situation pretty quickly. I hesitated to bring it up here, but since names were named I wanted to make sure you knew that your experience was not unique. I’m not trying to get anyone in trouble because he is a hard working and knowledgeable guy. I’m positive that if text wasn’t the communication method, my situation would never have escalated the way it did. New car owners don’t want to hear over text that a serious repair was being denied because of owner fault, which was clearly not the case. I’m glad that Ron intervened because I love my car.
Thank you, this is very helpful, really appreciate your guidance on this.

Image attached. My Course 3 wife says it was likely an issue accelerated by the low temperatures we've had recently. It was unfortunately discovered by the detailing shop, so Chris was very cya, accusing the shop first thing.

How hard did have to push to get them to agree that yours was a defect?
I didn’t have to push, but that’s because it had literally just been at service to replace the Cantrails (ages ago, just a cosmetic thing) they had cracked the window glass.

Image attached. My Course 3 wife says it was likely an issue accelerated by the low temperatures we've had recently. It was unfortunately discovered by the detailing shop, so Chris was very cya, accusing the shop first thing.

How hard did have to push to get them to agree that yours was a defect?
When I dropped off my car for PPF, I thik I saw you car at the detail shop. It does looks like too much force was apply to the cantrail and created a crack.

When I dropped off my car for PPF, I thik I saw you car at the detail shop. It does looks like too much force was apply to the cantrail and created a crack.
Agree - question is whether it was manufacturer or post-delivery issue. Given the progression timeline of the crack, it could also be the pressure occurred during the cold spell here and you had metal moving differently than glass. I'm more susceptible to it as I don't want to park it indoors (Tesla burned a house down in the next neighborhood over).

On another note: an update. Emailed the DMV New Vehicle Motor Board, which got the Lucid disputes team to (finally) respond. No promises, but they will look at potentially paying for the repaid if they deem it a defect.

Agree - question is whether it was manufacturer or post-delivery issue. Given the progression timeline of the crack, it could also be the pressure occurred during the cold spell here and you had metal moving differently than glass. I'm more susceptible to it as I don't want to park it indoors (Tesla burned a house down in the next neighborhood over).

On another note: an update. Emailed the DMV New Vehicle Motor Board, which got the Lucid disputes team to (finally) respond. No promises, but they will look at potentially paying for the repaid if they deem it a defect.
I think I remember that fire. It was in the Almaden area as I recall?? I thought they never actually determined if it was the fault of the Tesla or the wiring the electrician installed for the charger???

I think I remember that fire. It was in the Almaden area as I recall?? I thought they never actually determined if it was the fault of the Tesla or the wiring the electrician installed for the charger???
Different one - here is the one near me:

It got blamed on the Tesla battery. Out of an abundance of caution, the Lucid is getting parked outside

Yup - completely right - I worry more about the intensity of the fire, call me paranoid. But a fire is a fire...so that is a fair point!

Back