• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Lucid at NVIDIA GTC Conference

julianevjourney

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
Michael Bell, SVP Digital, spoke today at the NVIDIA GTC Conference. He talked about Dream Drive Pro and OTAs. I don’t think he said anything new other than saying how Highway Assist will work once it’s delivered. The YouTube channel, Financial Journey live-streamed his presentation.

I don’t even have the last update that was pushed out 1.2.18? Does everyone have it? Hmmm can’t wait for this Highway Assist to show up.

I don’t even have the last update that was pushed out 1.2.18? Does everyone have it? Hmmm can’t wait for this Highway Assist to show up.
I had a Mobile Service visit this afternoon, and the tech mentioned I could expect OTA 1.2.18 shortly and to look for the little dot next to the "settings" gear on the pilot panel to notify me it was ready for installation.

I had a Mobile Service visit this afternoon, and the tech mentioned I could expect OTA 1.2.18 shortly and to look for the little dot next to the "settings" gear on the pilot panel to notify me it was ready for installation.
Yes Sir, I have been looking for that dot since last week. Not sure what is even on it. Thanks for the update. I definitely want to see that Highway Assist show up.

Maybe AC assist as well 😝

Michael Bell, SVP Digital, spoke today at the NVIDIA GTC Conference. He talked about Dream Drive Pro and OTAs. I don’t think he said anything new other than saying how Highway Assist will work once it’s delivered. The YouTube channel, Financial Journey live-streamed his presentation.

This is what I received from Lucid on November 29, 2021:

“Thanks for reaching out and appreciate your interest in Lucid Motors.

The Grand Touring comes with both level 2 and level 3 autonomous driving capabilities. This is similar to Tesla’s Autopilot.”

Of course, this was not and is not true. The Lucid is bigger and more comfortable, but the Tesla’s technology is far superior. (I’ve owned a model s since 2017). I let go of the Lucid‘s steering wheel going around a curve today with “lane departure protection” allegedly active and it blew through two lanes and no “lane departure“ intervention ever happened. This was September 21, 2022. A Lincoln Navigator I drive is superior. The Lucid is a very nice car, but the driver assist features are not up to current standards.

This is what I received from Lucid on November 29, 2021:

“Thanks for reaching out and appreciate your interest in Lucid Motors.

The Grand Touring comes with both level 2 and level 3 autonomous driving capabilities. This is similar to Tesla’s Autopilot.”

Of course, this was not and is not true. The Lucid is bigger and more comfortable, but the Tesla’s technology is far superior. (I’ve owned a model s since 2017). I let go of the Lucid‘s steering wheel going around a curve today with “lane departure protection” allegedly active and it blew through two lanes and no “lane departure“ intervention ever happened. This was September 21, 2022. A Lincoln Navigator I drive is superior. The Lucid is a very nice car, but the driver assist features are not up to current standards.
Lane departure protection is not lane keep assist (LKA) which is coming with Highway Assist. Lane departure protection warns you you’re leaving the lane and tries to bump you back into it, but still requires you to steer it back in. If you just let go it’ll strafe, thinking that’s what you intended.

Once Lane Keep Assist is released (why I assume they’re updating LiDAR constantly in the recent updates, also for Highway Assist) that will do what you want.

Back