Lucid app update v1.49.0

I deleted and re-paired my iPhone mobile key two weeks ago. Since then, the car doesn’t unlock any better than it did before. But interestingly, I’ve had a half dozen cases after that where it wouldn’t unlock at all even if I stood there and waited. That never happened before the update. The first time it did that, I opened the app and successfully used the unlock button in it. The second time I restarted my phone and it unlocked. The rest of the times I killed the Lucid app and restarted it, and in all of those cases the car unlocked as soon as the app started back up.
Follow @Bobby’s steps to fully reset your mobile key rather than just removing and adding again. It seems excessive, but it really does make the difference.

I deleted and re-paired my iPhone mobile key two weeks ago. Since then, the car doesn’t unlock any better than it did before. But interestingly, I’ve had a half dozen cases after that where it wouldn’t unlock at all even if I stood there and waited. That never happened before the update. The first time it did that, I opened the app and successfully used the unlock button in it. The second time I restarted my phone and it unlocked. The rest of the times I killed the Lucid app and restarted it, and in all of those cases the car unlocked as soon as the app started back up.

Something I've noticed personally, there have been a few times where the app seems to get "stuck" on my iPhone and won't unlock the car. Even opening the app, standing in front of the car doesn't open it. Killing the app and restarting it immediately fixes the issue. I've only had to do this a couple of times.

Something I've noticed personally, there have been a few times where the app seems to get "stuck" on my iPhone and won't unlock the car. Even opening the app, standing in front of the car doesn't open it. Killing the app and restarting it immediately fixes the issue. I've only had to do this a couple of times.
I've noticed the app occasionally gets "stuck" on my iPhone and won't unlock the car until I restart it. This happens rarely but restarting the app always fixes the issue.

The prior versions all used a “translation framework” (I’m oversimplifying here on purpose) called Flutter; the idea is that you write code once, and then can deploy it to both Android and iOS (and web, or other devices, or whatever).

The benefit is flexibility - no need to maintain multiple codebases, only have to build a feature once, fix a single bug, and so on.

The drawback is speed (because everything is a little slower due to it not using the “native” iOS APIs), consistency (because you are using neither Android nor iOS, really, but using a layer in between), and limits on how deep of the system you can use and access.

Basically, everything about a native app is superior, except that you have to maintain both it and an Android app separately.

I hate Flutter, because native apps just perform so much better; but for speed of development, I understand why people use Flutter. It lets you build both apps in “half the time” with “half the effort.”

But the technical debt you incur while doing that? That takes years to pay back. :)
Well said! Leveraging Flutter beyond MVP is an anti-pattern for good user experiences.

Anyone notice that the lucid app uses quite a lot of phone battery? I have it to always track my location so the mobile key works.

Anyone notice that the lucid app uses quite a lot of phone battery? I have it to always track my location so the mobile key works.
I've noticed that, but it appears at least in my case to be related to how close my phone is to the vehicle. When I'm at home, any time I'm near the garage that car is opening/closing (which is really annoying), it will raise the battery usage a lot. I'm finding myself leaving my phone on the other side of the house to prevent this. I wish Lucid would add a "don't lock at home" mode.

Last edited:
I've noticed that, but it appears at least in my case to be related to how close my phone is to the vehicle. When I'm at home, any time I'm near the garage that car is opening/closing (which is really annoying), and will raise the battery usage a lot. I'm finding myself leaving my phone on the other side of the house to prevent this. I wish Lucid would add a "don't lock at home" mode.
Or just "disable proximity unlock at home." Partly because I don't have a garage, partly because I think there might be too strong of a tie between "unlocked" and "awake and draining battery." My Lucid app is listed at 1% battery usage (in iOS Settings > Battery) just as another reference. My car isn't close enough to be talking to my phone constantly except when I'm out gardening or something.

Or just "disable proximity unlock at home." Partly because I don't have a garage, partly because I think there might be too strong of a tie between "unlocked" and "awake and draining battery." My Lucid app is listed at 1% battery usage (in iOS Settings > Battery) just as another reference. My car isn't close enough to be talking to my phone constantly except when I'm out gardening or something.

I would like that too !!!

Yes. I don’t use mobile key, and this app update uses tremendous amount of phone battery (iPhone 15 Pro Max) if the app is launched and running in the background. I have to force close the app to prevent this from happening

Is there an easy way to deactivate the mobile key ? Thinking of trialing the fob instead.
Sure, unlink it. Hit the mobile key button in the top right corner of the app, then "remove vehicle." Delete it in the car as well under access settings, or you'll get it confused if you try to set it back up. Or, if you just want a quick trial, disable bluetooth on your phone.

Yup. Yesterday it was 48% of my battery usage. I’m in Boston, my car was driving between Raleigh and DC.

Mine was 33% in the last 24 hours (highest percentage) and 24% in the last 10 days (highest percentage). App version is 1.49.1 (2836)

Ok mine has jumped to 12% - for reference News is 7% and Pocket Casts is 13%. But it's been in the background for 103 hours!

Yeah something with the background activity is causing it to use a lot of battery it seems

Those of you using the widget in iOS. Does anyone have the car missing? I've tried everything Lucid Customer Support has suggested including reinstalling and nothing shows the car.

My widget has been completely buggy. Right now, I don't see the car and the buttons are all blank.

Back