Lucid app update v1.49.0

No .49 app update for android yet.
As mentioned earlier in this (admittedly extremely long) thread, there is no Android update. Think of this as getting us iPhone people to parity with you lucky Android people for whom the phone app hasn’t had issues over the last 5-6 months - iPhone users haven’t had a working widget, reliable mobile key, and so on.

If I had to guess, due to the fragmentation issues within the Android ecosystem, there won’t be a native app for Android. But flutter actually does seem to work better for Android than iOS in general.

Anectodally the new app is better at initiating car wakeup. Previously I'd frequently have to force close and restart to get the app to commence the wakeup. Now it seems reliable, with the car actually waking up in a timely manner every time (subject of course to cell reception where the car is parked).

Also: the 3D view seems to have lost its lighting:

1714156939858.png

Not exactly a showstopper but thought I’d mention. The app still functions fine. Force closing and restarting restores the lights.

View attachment 20191
Not exactly a showstopper but thought I’d mention. The app still functions fine. Force closing and restarting restores the lights.

This is actually pretty darn funny.

A fun fact about the 3D models + SceneKit + Lighting situation - for best color accuracy you really want to use HDR lighting/assets/rendering. It's pretty funny when you do that in an app and cause the whole screen to go into HDR mode (cough Reddit cough).

View attachment 20191

When iOS run low on memory, it starts to lower the quality of 3D assets.

I would try restarting the phone...

I don't doubt that would work but it won't fix the underlying issue. Since the core functionality works, I don't care that the car is somewhat less beautiful from time to time :)

(iOS would rather degrade 3D rendering in the foreground than kill background apps when there isn't much RAM free?)

One actual low-priority bug you may want to pass along, if you happen to know anyone at Lucid…

If you have a Touring like I do, or a Pure, instead of car-colored side view mirror caps, you get no sideview mirror caps. They are missing. Doesn't happen to GT owners or Sapphire owners I'm guessing, since those are platinum.

The layer is present in the file. I think it's just turned off by accident.

IMG_4013.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
One actual low-priority bug you may want to pass along, if you happen to know anyone at Lucid…

If you have a Touring like I do, or a Pure, instead of car-colored side view mirror caps, you get no sideview mirror caps. They are missing. Doesn't happen to GT owners or Sapphire owners I'm guessing, since those are platinum.

The layer is present in the file. I think it's just turned off by accident.

View attachment 20195
The sapphire has Stealth mirrors, but I get what you mean. The fact that this level of detail is even recognized is simply insane to me!

Has anyone else experienced issues with the widgets not displaying cars? It was working fine until I removed the old ones. I'm currently on iOS 17.5 Beta.

Question: do you have any accessibility features turned on?
That was it! I don't remember changing this, but "Button Shapes" was turned on, and turning it off fixed the app display. I just let CustomerCare know.

That was it! I don't remember changing this, but "Button Shapes" was turned on, and turning it off fixed the app display. I just let CustomerCare know.
Yay! Glad that fixed it.

So, I'm very glad for the new ios app which is faster and cooler than the previous versions. While the 3D car with the matching colors and wheels is impressive, I would have traded that for being able to close the garage in reverse with a single button press...
I don't want to sound ungrateful or unnecessarily negative, but I don't think a 3D car avatar was in our most 5 (or even 30) wanted features in the Bobby poll. Let's hope they revisit those features in the near future.

So, I'm very glad for the new ios app which is faster and cooler than the previous versions. While the 3D car with the matching colors and wheels is impressive, I would have traded that for being able to close the garage in reverse with a single button press...
I don't want to sound ungrateful or unnecessarily negative, but I don't think a 3D car avatar was in our most 5 (or even 30) wanted features in the Bobby poll. Let's hope they revisit those features in the near future.
Two different teams.

As mentioned earlier in this (admittedly extremely long) thread, there is no Android update. Think of this as getting us iPhone people to parity with you lucky Android people for whom the phone app hasn’t had issues over the last 5-6 months - iPhone users haven’t had a working widget, reliable mobile key, and so on.

If I had to guess, due to the fragmentation issues within the Android ecosystem, there won’t be a native app for Android. But flutter actually does seem to work better for Android than iOS in general.

Probably not a coincidence since Google wrote flutter.

Anyone’s passive unlock broken following the update?
IMG_1353.png
IMG_1352.png

Yes!! I was wondering what that even means? I have a touring if it makes a difference

Back