Lucid app update v1.49.0

I know I am greedy but what if we have our interior choice shown as well 😂

Currently, it defaults to Mojave. I just love my ZR/Tahoe combo

Thanks Bobby!! That did it. Updating now.

Along with the Bluetooth chip comes the Bluetooth driver, and in some cases the Bluetooth stack;
none of which you should ever touch. The hardware abstraction layer (by way of the java apis), provides you with the `BluetoothAdapter` class. That's how your app interacts with the bluetooth hardware.

The car thinks you are still paired, the app think you are still paired,
Genuinely apologize if I'm misunderstanding something here, but wouldn't the `BluetoothDevice.ACTION_BONDED_STATE_CHANGE` handle this (or at worst, `getBondedState()`). It's the same as if the user manually removes the device bond via their native bluetooth menu?

edit: actually, disregard all of this. I shouldn't start a whole-ass flamewar like it's 2014 on 4chan -- especially when we agree on the end result (android dev is a headache). People are here to chat about the neat app update, and that's good enough for me :)

Last edited:
I am on the correct IOS 17.4.1 (says "Up To Date") and Lucid App is on 1.48.1. When I check the App Store for any updates it doesn't show any Apps waiting for an update. I do have it set to update automatically. So I guess for whatever reason it hasn't become available for me yet. Hopefully soon.
When an App update releases, the App Store has multiple index files that are updated in waves. App updates do not become available for everyone at once and this isn't even considering a percentage rollout for an app update -- which could make it take up to a week.

If you're in the batch, go to the store, hit your profile button in the upper right, pull to a refresh, you'll see what's available. That pull to refresh will bypass the "auto update" phased rollout so you'll get it sooner. It won't bypass the store indexing out.

OK, let me try again:

old app bad. new app good; much better. such wow.
old app flutter like birds, but they've flown the coop.
new coop full of new, native birds, better suited for old land.
native birds live longer, fly faster and further, and require less food.

better?
I don't know if it's just me, but that confused me WAY more than your technical explanation! Actually, I'd love an explanation more technical than your original one, if you could do that?
One interesting note: the maps tab now uses Apple Maps. 🤔
Based on this app update, I have got some conclusions that will be of use to Barron's. Here goes:
The app update is styled after UX 3.0, meaning UX 3.0 is coming soon. This means Gravity is ahead of schedule and also that UX 3 will come to Air's soon! This update did not come out for Android because they had to mourn AA Thursdays, and this ensures it will come out tomorrow just like Carplay came out on AA Thursday instead of Carplay Friday. Them using Apple Maps in their app also means that Lucid will be bought by Apple, turning the next midsize car into the Apple Car. Therefore, the Saudi's will pull out of the company, boosting sales figures from people who didn't want to buy a "Saudi" car or people who just buy every single Apple product (cough cough @joec ).

Has anybody else found some more info from this update?
are there any smart toilets that don't run android embedded?
Damn it... at this rate my toilet paper will run on Android!
Interesting! I found animations of all the doors and trunks opening. The model seems to be pared down from the lucidmotors.com 3D configurator (is that still around?) but they've still modeled the stitching on the steering wheel as actual geometry:
View attachment 20158
I have no actual use for this model but it's an interesting diversion.
I can't lie, but that steering wheel looks like it was built at a Tesla factory and then dropped off the Burj Khalifa! The Lucid 3D configurator was removed, but I am curious... could you screen record where you found this?

One interesting note: the maps tab now uses Apple Maps. 🤔
I didn't catch this but this is... potentially a legal issue. Fun fact, you cannot render HereMaps data in a competing Map -- aka Apple | Google Maps. I'm wondering how they bypassed that...

I don't know if it's just me, but that confused me WAY more than your technical explanation! Actually, I'd love an explanation more technical than your original one, if you could do that?

Based on this app update, I have got some conclusions that will be of use to Barron's. Here goes:
The app update is styled after UX 3.0, meaning UX 3.0 is coming soon. This means Gravity is ahead of schedule and also that UX 3 will come to Air's soon! This update did not come out for Android because they had to mourn AA Thursdays, and this ensures it will come out tomorrow just like Carplay came out on AA Thursday instead of Carplay Friday. Them using Apple Maps in their app also means that Lucid will be bought by Apple, turning the next midsize car into the Apple Car. Therefore, the Saudi's will pull out of the company, boosting sales figures from people who didn't want to buy a "Saudi" car or people who just buy every single Apple product (cough cough @joec ).

Has anybody else found some more info from this update?

Well…. It’s waaaaaay more robust…

Well…. It’s waaaaaay more robust…
Brilliant and very detailed technical explanation! I didn't catch that, but it is indeed a VERY important part of this update. I think we will be drowning in robustness soon.. 🤣

I am on the correct IOS 17.4.1 (says "Up To Date") and Lucid App is on 1.48.1. When I check the App Store for any updates it doesn't show any Apps waiting for an update. I do have it set to update automatically. So I guess for whatever reason it hasn't become available for me yet. Hopefully soon.
Gulp ! Polar 🐼 Lucid App is on 2.1.62 and have current IOS 17.4.1. Tried to go to App Store but nothing worked. Polar 🐼 and Juno 🐻‍❄️ needs help please !

I didn't catch this but this is... potentially a legal issue. Fun fact, you cannot render HereMaps data in a competing Map -- aka Apple | Google Maps. I'm wondering how they bypassed that...
It appears to be just straight Apple Maps.

Gulp ! Polar 🐼 Lucid App is on 2.1.62 and have current IOS 17.4.1. Tried to go to App Store but nothing worked. Polar 🐼 and Juno 🐻‍❄️ needs help please !
Give it time, but if you go to the App Store and search lucid motors the “install” button should eventually change to “update” if you give it a minute.

Just move the car, its 3D and taping the trunk and frunk will give popup to confirm open 🙂
But the default mode is still vertical? I can move it around to get the 3D view but after a bit it reverts to the vertical. Is that how it’s supposed to be?

Give it time, but if you go to the App Store and search lucid motors the “install” button should eventually change to “update” if you give it a minute.
Right now the Lucid Motors app is OPEN and just wondering why Polar 🐼 is still on 2.1.62 ! Did Polar 🐼 fall asleep in updating the app ?

Right now the Lucid Motors app is OPEN and just wondering why Polar 🐼 is still on 2.1.62 ! Did Polar 🐼 fall asleep in updating the app ?
There's no new car software version, it's still at 2.1.62. It's just a new iOS app version.

Huh? There is no new car update. .62 is the latest.

It appears to be just straight Apple Maps.
Last time I checked the available POI filters from Apple's POI services, I don't _think_ you can get this granular (per what the Lucid filters reveal). I'll have to double back/check that.

It would be super odd for them to mix match POI data in the vehicle with the mobile app and they do have the "share" functionality which does present legal issues if that data is used to render on _any_ competitor in any environment (like POI data from Apple Maps on your phone sent to HEREMaps in vehicle..)...

You can search by EVChargers, but you cannot get brand specific: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/applemapsserverapi/common_objects, which they are definitely doing.

1714055163941.png

Back