Lucid app update v1.49.0

bdham

Just updated to the new iOS app. It’s probably the biggest update to the app in recent time. Mostly cosmetic change on first glance but also seems a bit faster. The map has also seemingly changed.

Attachments

• IMG_5846.png
    IMG_5846.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,670
  • IMG_5847.png
    IMG_5847.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 237
Just updated to the new iOS app. It’s probably the biggest update to the app in recent time. Mostly cosmetic change on first glance but also seems a bit faster. The map has also seemingly changed.
It’s now native iPhone.

What does that mean?
The prior versions all used a “translation framework” (I’m oversimplifying here on purpose) called Flutter; the idea is that you write code once, and then can deploy it to both Android and iOS (and web, or other devices, or whatever).

The benefit is flexibility - no need to maintain multiple codebases, only have to build a feature once, fix a single bug, and so on.

The drawback is speed (because everything is a little slower due to it not using the “native” iOS APIs), consistency (because you are using neither Android nor iOS, really, but using a layer in between), and limits on how deep of the system you can use and access.

Basically, everything about a native app is superior, except that you have to maintain both it and an Android app separately.

I hate Flutter, because native apps just perform so much better; but for speed of development, I understand why people use Flutter. It lets you build both apps in “half the time” with “half the effort.”

But the technical debt you incur while doing that? That takes years to pay back. :)

The prior versions all used a “translation framework” (I’m oversimplifying here on purpose) called Flutter; the idea is that you write code once, and then can deploy it to both Android and iOS (and web, or other devices, or whatever).

The benefit is flexibility - no need to maintain multiple codebases, only have to build a feature once, fix a single bug, and so on.

The drawback is speed (because everything is a little slower due to it not using the “native” iOS APIs), consistency (because you are using neither Android nor iOS, really, but using a layer in between), and limits on how deep of the system you can use and access.

Basically, everything about a native app is superior, except that you have to maintain both it and an Android app separately.

I hate Flutter, because native apps just perform so much better; but for speed of development, I understand why people use Flutter. It lets you build both apps in “half the time” with “half the effort.”

But the technical debt you incur while doing that? That takes years to pay back. :)
Thanks for the clarification! I'm wondering how you can tell that it's now a native iphone app?

I hope the widgets work now.
If you are having trouble with the new widgets, try what I did:

Uninstall all the widgets you may have had before.
Reboot your phone.
Reinstall the new widget(s) you want.

They are working perfectly for me now, as far as I can tell. We'll see if they "disappear" again. I certainly hope not.

Can confirm, this app update is way faster and more responsive on iPhone. Am a big fan.

Great job Lucid Mobile App team!

Wow!! Just wow. App connects super fast to vehicle. Also, it will have a warning if any options are disable.

For me, there is a dot in mobile key where I have disabled passive unlocking which is neat. Thank you Lucid🙏🏼🙏🏼

Did you change any settings to display car like that. Mine is vertical
Just move the car, its 3D and taping the trunk and frunk will give popup to confirm open 🙂

Back